We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find the unedited version of Alice's Restaurant. Is this the unedited version? It was too incorrect politically for today's snowflakes who misunderstand the overall message. I think it has been misunderstood by many for a long time, but that's just my opinion.

I can't find the unedited version of Alice's Restaurant. Is this the unedited version? It was too incorrect politically for today's snowflakes who misunderstand the overall message. I think it has been misunderstood by many for a long time, but that's just my opinion.

I believe that is the unedited version. It is the original recording.

Y'all! For some SERIOUS goosebumps, fast forward this video to the 1:44 mark. This lady does Janis Joplin better than Janis herself.

For Peanut! Enjoy an impromptu homegrown dose of Vince Gill!

Vince Gill invited Constituting America's song winners into his home studio. He picked up a guitar and what happened next was totally unexpected... Singers: Vince Gill & Joy Frost Guitars: Vince Gill & Jim Booker

Vince Gill invited Constituting America's song winners into his home studio. He picked up a guitar and what happened next was totally unexpected... Singers: Vince Gill & Joy Frost Guitars: Vince Gill & Jim Booker

Beautiful..stood at my dad's side, holding his hand, singing this to him as he left this world. So blessed

Thanks for posting that... don't know how I missed it until today. Up until about '12 I played bluegrass every Friday night at a restaurant in Tuscaloosa. They had a big fire place. We'd sit around it in chairs and play what ever came to mind. I miss those days. All my old friends have either passed away or moved away. I don't play anymore. :(

Awww, Peanut, I hope you can find a way to do some pickin' for you and your beautiful dog (I saw his picture!). Y'all would probably enjoy that! A lot.

Last edited:
Beautiful..stood at my dad's side, holding his hand, singing this to him as he left this world. So blessed

He was twice blessed: having you there and having you sing this song...

And I was blessed, same as you, for the privilege of holding my mother's hand as she left this world...

Thanks for posting that... don't know how I missed it until today. Up until about '12 I played bluegrass every Friday night at a restaurant in Tuscaloosa. They had a big fire place. We'd sit around it in chairs and play what ever came to mind. I miss those days. All my old friends have either passed away or moved away. I don't play anymore. :(

Same thing for hubby, either moved , passed or wives won't allow them to play anymore. We have tried to get locals together but most only like one type of music or play rap. So hubby is talking about selling all his equipment.

This one was always one of my mothers favorite and mine. Johnny Cash and his brother,I didn't know Cash had a brother.

Someday, someone will come along feeling the same way as Peanut and Meerkat's hubby, and a new jam session will be born!

Y'all! Please try advertising in the local (and not-so-local) papers...post flyers in strategic places, and keep after it. Eventually the right pairs of eyes will see those ads. One day you may be pleasantly surprised, and will likely find new kindred spirits. Music is a beautiful part of us and too precious to lay it down without a fight.

Latest posts

Back