We Love Our Music

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posthumously released after their lead singer died. Crazy that people with such talent and success can commit suicide. Just goes to show you that no one is safe from depression or mental strife that leads to such things. Keep a look out for others.

...And now for something completely different :rolleyes:.
Watching the girl technician fixing our washing machine today gave me a flashback of my early days of working my tail off.
This song popped into my head:

Enjoying a cocktail in my easy chair, while my wife is making dinner, listening to this...the sound drifting from the kitchen into the family room to me. It's a good night...when my wife is doing this (cooking, getting into her own world in the kitchen with inspirational music), it always puts me at ease.

My musical tastes have changed over the years. When I go back and listen to some of the old songs I used to - specifically the rock ones - they are still fun, but I can't help noticing that they are basically two chords (three, for the sophisticated songs). Over and over. It seems like the two-chord-wonders peaked in the late 80's and throughout the 90's. Nowadays, they have dispensed with the chords (or anything musical for that matter), and just go for loud pounding rhythm. No hint of what used to be termed "a melody". That has been replaced by screamed insults and embarrassing language. I think I may have gotten too jaded. I just don't listen to modern music at all. I don't expect to like it, so I don't even try it. Who's that new "super star"? Taylor Swift? I couldn't name a single song she's done. Don't think I've ever heard one either. More power to her, I hope she does well, but if I'm not listening to Classical Piano, I'm listening to something else considered "old", like Motown, Doo Wop, Ragtime, Rock from the 70's, etc. If someone asks me my favorite music, they're going to get quite the wild answer - something like "Chopin and Led Zeppelin". That's Frédéric Chopin from the 1800's BTW, not some new group that has taken his name (I'm sure someone has, somewhere).

I will admit that I am not totally averse to more modern music. Although I do tend to prefer "piano covers" over the originals in many cases. Things like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cD2Yrf_2pk&t=161s

Latest posts

Back