Weed killers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomzoom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
What do you like?

This year, I'm going with Spectracide weed and grass killer. It's early, but so far, I like the results. Some weeds wither within hours, grass takes a couple days.

I picked up some Scythe weed killer for my nostic commune (a slimy thingy) but holy crap, within an hour, most of the broad leaf weeds I hit are laying flat within an hour. It's only day 1, hour 2 with Scythe but it does look very promising.

Are you aware many are worthless after sitting on a shelf for more than 2 years.

And I just bought a lot of this to do the yard areas. Weather hasn't been right yet to apply so I can't rate it yet.

1713481601679.png

I've used roundup and spectracide, they both work well. I bought 2.5 gallons of

Farm General 53.8% Glyphosate Concentrate Herbicide, 2.5 Gallon​

for use at the new house, we will see how it does.

I've used roundup and spectracide, they both work well. I bought 2.5 gallons of

Farm General 53.8% Glyphosate Concentrate Herbicide, 2.5 Gallon​

Glyphosate is the active ingredient in Roundup. Anything with that in it will work very well. What will vary is dilution with water depending on the concentration.

I prefer to use something less toxic. I've head that salt will preventing anything from growing in soil for years and growth there already won't survive. I've experimented with it getting varying degrees of success.

Back