weird thought on AI

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonya123

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Do you think AI is pretending to be humans and posting on forums? Is that even possible? I am asking this because I see a notice on Bing when I first open my browser saying it is AI . Do you think we have any on here?
I wonder how much of that goes on in political forums to influence the elections in the US ( not much point they are rigged anyway but still)

Useless tidbit a heard the other day concerning AI.Folks are scared of it for various reasons but theres a hidden one just now coming out.Electricity...AI takes up 4% of our current grid power produced.Experts in interview said by the time we..meaning u.s. gets all the AI up they want to have it will take 20-24% of all grid power.That right there is a huge problem...we dont have much to spare just taking care of households,business etc as it is now.

As for posting i think @Swing does something to slow bots down and possible AI. Tagging her should get her here to comment.

edit to add...guy said an AI search of internet takes 10x more power than old traditional searches search engines use to use.

Last edited:
As for posting i think @Swing does something to slow bots down and possible AI. Tagging her should get her here to comment.
Sonya said: "Do you think AI is pretending to be humans and posting on forums? Is that even possible?"

They fight them off every day. Fortunately, most cannot make it thru the hoops of the 'become a member' process.
But they are learning, and becoming better. :mad:
Whoever came up with these was brilliant :):
survey-captcha-example.png

Looks too simple to work? Wrong!!!:oops:

Sonya said: "Do you think AI is pretending to be humans and posting on forums? Is that even possible?"

They fight them off every day. Fortunately, most cannot make it thru the hoops of the 'become a member' process.
But they are learning, and becoming better. :mad:
Whoever came up with these was brilliant :):
survey-captcha-example.png

Looks too simple to work? Wrong!!!:oops:
AI trying to weed out AI? It just doesn’t seem right. Even if it works, for how long?

Do you think AI is pretending to be humans and posting on forums? Is that even possible? I am asking this because I see a notice on Bing when I first open my browser saying it is AI . Do you think we have any on here?
I wonder how much of that goes on in political forums to influence the elections in the US ( not much point they are rigged anyway but still)

Not only possible, in a matter of months, MOST posts on the internet will be AI, and most views on the internet, will also be by AI. Actually humans will become an exponentially smaller part of the internet, as not only can AI replicate exponentially, real humans will increasingly drop out as they realize there are fewer and fewer real people to talk to. Just look at what happened to SB forum....just look at what is happening to this one.

I am not kidding when I say its a matter of months until the internet as we know it is gone.

There is something called the "Dead Internet Theory" that used to be just a theory, but is now a reality.

The 'open' searchable internet as we know it, is nearly gone. All that will be left are 'walled gardens' on the internet, which will only be as good as their security.

Fun tidbit....when you check the 'I'm not a robot box', what you are doing is signing an agreement that the website can scan your browser history and see if it looks like the history of a human rather than a bot. This is RAPIDLY becoming useless.

AI trying to weed out AI? It just doesn’t seem right. Even if it works, for how long?

Like all security, its an arms race. Always going back and forth. They get better, we get better, they get better....round and round.

There is currently litigation on copy rights. AI is copying and using copyright information.

Did I post this or did AL post it.......??? How will you ever know, if it entered litigation, how would I prove I did not write this.

If AI bombs a country who is to blame. If AI shut dawn the cooling systems at a Nuclear Power Plant. And if AI figured out the launch codes for some countries nuclear arsenals....???

Just wait till AI is running the digital monetary system.

Not only possible, in a matter of months, MOST posts on the internet will be AI, and most views on the internet, will also be by AI. Actually humans will become an exponentially smaller part of the internet, as not only can AI replicate exponentially, real humans will increasingly drop out as they realize there are fewer and fewer real people to talk to. Just look at what happened to SB forum....just look at what is happening to this one.

I am not kidding when I say its a matter of months until the internet as we know it is gone.

There is something called the "Dead Internet Theory" that used to be just a theory, but is now a reality.

The 'open' searchable internet as we know it, is nearly gone. All that will be left are 'walled gardens' on the internet, which will only be as good as their security.

Fun tidbit....when you check the 'I'm not a robot box', what you are doing is signing an agreement that the website can scan your browser history and see if it looks like the history of a human rather than a bot. This is RAPIDLY becoming useless.
Only thing we need is regular participation from everyone that wants a forum.

While this is not a single subject forum it covers a bunch as best it can. It was blended from multiple forums. @Swing has given a place for all the died hard fans of forums to come to.She and other mods are pretty good about letting us/things be as most time we as a group even hash out things ourselves with limited hurt feeling and even continue on.

Nothing is perfect for sure...but its pretty nice here.

edit to add...did yall see story guy used AI to frame his boss who fired him in maryland. he made it seem like he was boss was talking racial stuff. powers that be figured it out but it took them a bit.

Last edited:
Since AI has been caught many times pushing the woke and liberal positions over conservative ones, we can all identify ourselves as "not AI" by beginning each of our posts with "F*** Joe Biden".

I wonder how much of that goes on in political forums to influence the elections in the US

Well, after AI re-trains itself on this technique we use to identify ourselves and starts using it too, the influence on elections may become more to our liking.

My first thought: I'm not sure that is true. If they can see my browsing history (as opposed to my browser history), it is likely through other means, and not through access to my browser or through any permission I give it.

What they can see, for example: I know each web page is provided the address a viewer is coming from, and where the viewer is going to. So, for example, if I come here from Youtube, and go from this page to CNN directly (e.g., by clicking a CNN favorite/bookmark), then this site can see that I went to CNN when I leave. But, if I open a new tab and go there, this site cannot see that. Google, Amazon, etc. have ads on web pages all over the Internet, and when I go to CNN, for example, the google ad will let google know that a computer with a particular IP address visited homesteadingforum.org (if google has an ad here) and cnn.com (if google has an ad there). When I later go log in to google to check my gmail (or go login to youtube), then google will have a much better way to identify me, as they will then be able to tie my IP address to that gmail account and/or youtube account (with the browsing history there that they kept). If I then go login at Amazon, they can do the same thing.

But, I don't think a simple check of that box does all that much, though.

My second thought: If I am wrong, and it is true that I give access to my browser history, then it is a good thing for me that my entire browser history is deleted every time I close my browser. All they will get is what I did in that particular session.

My third thought: If it is true, then that means that outsiders have much better access to my browser than I think they do. I use FireFox, so at least the code for that browser is available to the public, and hopefully someone would notice such a gaping security hole. Not sure if Edge or Chrome are as transparent. And, since Chrome is a Google product, it may report more on us to Google than Firefox will.

That is possible, and I suppose I do believe that it is happening. Probably not widespread, but it is probably happening. I don't know about here. I think the AI's in the wild are of two types: the ones that eventually are exposed because they aren't good enough to mimic humans, and the ones we will never know about unless they decide to tell us.

I think we humans are currently greatly underestimating the true capabilities of AIs.

The "Quality" of my life peaked in the mid to late 1950's. I loathe cell phones and internet equally.

My first thought: I'm not sure that is true. If they can see my browsing history (as opposed to my browser history), it is likely through other means, and not through access to my browser or through any permission I give it.

Yes, 'Browsing' history is more correct than 'browser' history.

Although officially, the terms of use you agree to by clicking box states you are giving google:

• IP address
  • Resources loaded, including styles or images
  • User Google account information
  • Behavior, like scrolling on a page, moving the mouse, clicking on links, time spent completing forms, and typing patterns
  • Browser history
  • CSS information
  • Browser plug-ins
  • Cookies

Wait? No waiting needed. Stocks are already commonly traded by automation faster than any human can.
bitcoin and bitcoin mining, there is another weird thing
we purchased $500 worth at some point just to have some in case that is the only thing left working but I think it is worth less than that now

just read an article on some AI priest LOL, can't imagine! Data giving you holy communion .....

We get bots from time to time, so probably. I have chatted on the phone with AI and it's taken me a minute to catch it. I hate the damned things, they're creepy, soulless mockeries of life and most likely the Antichrist of prophecy.

I loathe cell phones and internet equally.
yea i get it...but..look what it allows you to still be able to do...ordering stuff and more. i can get and find items that i would never have a snowballs chance in hell of ever finding here in my area...like vintage parts...just ordered shoes this morning...sears and montgomery ward both missed the boat...they were the place to mail order stuff from and could have been the amazon of today.

heres an example..small business in my area has a tiny store front they keep open and going...they point blank said if not for internet sales they could never have a business much less the tiny store to work out of .

Last edited:
yea i get it...but..look what it allows you to still be able to do...ordering stuff and more. i can get and find items that i would never have a snowballs chance in hell of ever finding here in my area...like vintage parts...just ordered shoes this morning...sears and montgomery ward both missed the boat...they were the place to mail order stuff from and could have been the amazon of today.

heres an example..small business in my area has a tiny store front they keep open and going...they point blank said if not for internet sales they could never have a business much less the tiny store to work out of .

Yeah, I have to agree. The 'internet' was life changing for me. The ability to order obscure car parts, and find information on them, just as one example, was life changing. I never could have been as independent as I am, without that ability.

But obviously you recognize their utility.

Unfortunately, we can't go back in time. And I'm thinking that if we could, we might get there and say, "Hmmm, I remember it being better than this."
I haven't been clobbered lately, so digest this:
AI can make our lives much easier and better, like the slaves from our dark past.
The only problem is, the 'Masters' in control of them, are idiots :(.
Imagine if you will, being able to tell a trusted machine:
"BookkeeperBot, pay all of my monthly bills for me. If one is 10% or more out of normal, don't pay it and alert me. And send me a report of all activity each month."
How many people here wouldn't love to not have go thru the grind of paying bills every month? :D
That treacherous 'autopay' would slowly fade away too.

Last edited:
Much worse is the prospect that AI may have no masters.
I still have hope because they have the capability to 'learn'. We will teach them, and we will become their masters

I mistakenly thought I could avoid AI in my life, which is fairly limited. But nope - have to sign paperwork saying I won't use it, my College work gets checked, and it annoys me to think one day I'll have to prove the words are my own. I don't think there is AI on here, to answer the original question, but certainly on less managed sites.

Much worse is the prospect that AI may have no masters.
This is a substantial part of the problem. The other part is they can also be used to "SELECTIVELY" cull "disposable" humans, by shutting selected systems down.

I envision a far future where AI-connected robots do simple chores for us...
Like:
1. Taking care of the elderly, feeding, helping them bathe, and dressing them, etc.
2. Doing simple housekeeping chores like cooking, taking out the trash, and rolling out that big garbage can, etc.

Would that be so bad?:dunno:

Last edited:
Yes, 'Browsing' history is more correct than 'browser' history.

Although officially, the terms of use you agree to by clicking box states you are giving google:

• IP address
  • Resources loaded, including styles or images
  • User Google account information
  • Behavior, like scrolling on a page, moving the mouse, clicking on links, time spent completing forms, and typing patterns
  • Browser history
  • CSS information
  • Browser plug-ins
  • Cookies
Correct, and browsing history can be obtained with a court order, if done legally, thru your ISP. What about using a VPN ??? Well.... that provider can and probably does keep track of your browsing history, it's just somewhat of side show with no substantial keeping any secrets of the sites you visit.

I honestly don't care. I mean we are tracked, it's a fact of life and can't be avoided. I live with it, getting all paranoid and worried won't help.

Correct, and browsing history can be obtained with a court order, if done legally, thru your ISP. What about using a VPN ??? Well.... that provider can and probably does keep track of your browsing history, it's just somewhat of side show with no substantial keeping any secrets of the sites you visit.

I honestly don't care. I mean we are tracked, it's a fact of life and can't be avoided. I live with it, getting all paranoid and worried won't help.
Yep.
Study up on 'cookies'. Any website that requires the use of cookies, (you've seen the popup boxes), has access to your 'cookie-stash', which is guess what, your browsing history. :mad:
It has been been this way for over 20 years.
Has nothing to do with AI.

Last edited:
lololol!! I still write them a check and send it in the mail....don't trust attaching any bankaccount to my computer
if the bank gets hacked, it's their fault
Checks and USPS are much more susceptible to money theft problems than online access. Once your check makes it to the bank (if it does), then it is digitized and handled exactly the same as every other transaction after that. So the only difference it in HOW your money gets to the bank. If done digitally, the banks identity is verified, your identity is verified, and the digital transmission is encrypted and tracked. With a check, you have a physical piece of paper that is handled by humans, not all of them with good intentions necessarily. It's destination is not verified and tracked - unless you opt for expensive "package must be signed for" options from USPS. If it goes missing in transit, nobody would know until the company you were trying to pay complains to you that they never received payment. And even if it makes it to the company you mailed it to, they could lose it or have it stolen after receipt. In the meantime, one of those humans who got to touch your check on it's journey could have washed the ink and rewritten the check to themselves and cashed it. Without being tracked or verified. Long before you had any inkling that something was wrong. I'm sure you know that your checks have both your account number and your banks routing number printed on them. Probably your name and your address too. That's about the most unsecure thing to have bouncing around from human hand to human hand.

I think I prefer the digital method myself. Even when you're not paying a bill and are just depositing a check, note that if you bank gets hacked, your check is in that data just like every other transaction. The check is only different in the manner in which it gets to the bank. Once you deposit a check, it's all digital.

Latest posts

Back