Well...That happened.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Cliff

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I've not been around much for quite some time. I honestly felt I was dieing . I did make my funeral arraignments. Everything came to a head last week. I didn't go right away to the hospital. I have no insurance and not much money. I didn't want to leave my wife destitute. She talked me into going the next day. This is the result. A triple bypass..

20210513_110347.jpg

Attachments

• 0515212152.jpg
    0515212152.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 11
Sending prayers for a speedy recovery. Hopefully this experience will be a blessing in disguise and things will be on the upswing from here and you'll have many more years ahead of you. Take it easy Cliff. Thanks for sharing your experience. Big ((((hugs))))):huggs:

Wow Cliff ~ glad you listened to your wife! Now be good and do as your told 😇 We're all telling you to heal well and quickly. Many prayers to you and your family. I hope at least wherever you are that family is allowed to see you. That's the worst thing here about hospital visits - no visitors.

I've not been around much for quite some time. I honestly felt I was dieing . I did make my funeral arraignments. Everything came to a head last week. I didn't go right away to the hospital. I have no insurance and not much money. I didn't want to leave my wife destitute. She talked me into going the next day. This is the result. A triple bypass..

View attachment 66765
Best time and money you will ever spend.
Father in law got one and it bought him another 20 years.
He went in weak, pale and frail and 2 weeks after he came out, he was 10 years younger :oops:.

Don't worry about the medical bills either.
Little-known secret: If they send you a bill, send it back with a $20 check in it.
If you do this each and every time, they can't do jack to you!
If they call you, tell them that it's nice that so many people want to keep you alive for a long time :D.
:huggs:

Last edited:
You're in good company for sure and I'm happy for you and your family that all went well with the surgery.

FYI, I worked for a civil attorney 10 years many moons ago and we filed a whole lot of bankruptcy cases for people with mostly just big medical bills who didn't have insurance or good insurance to cover such an expense. It's a last resort for most, but saves sanity and can't be held against someone for other medical care (just other credit companies). A BK can be filed singly, does not have to include a spouse and it's of course, legal. Some single filers had to arrange some ducks so long in advance before filing if they had much tangible/intangible property of value and/or wait until they are through with all the big bills they expect. An attorney can also advise on actual $/month required to pay medical bills in good faith as an option, but folks are usually still harassed about the bills and that's not something most can handle much of. Medical bills cannot be passed onto a spouse (legal responsibility) or like some folks have done -- re-finance their home to pay the medical bills off (some do that).

I hope this corrects the problem, and you will be around for a long time. We will keep you in our prayers, and hope you have a speedy and full recovery.

A few years ago, my daughter was in between jobs when she developed a very deadly strain of MRSA. For 10 days, the bills piled up on her until a social worker came in to have her apply for Medicaid. The first words this gal asked was, "Are you sure you do not have any Mexican in you?" Appears they are entitled to free Medical aid from day one. Her being white, allows Medicaid after day # 10. Well, she paid $20 a week, and to my knowledge, she finally got the bill completely paid.

Latest posts

Back