What’s For Breakfast? And Homemade Bread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Eggs especially Duck Eggs, its traditional to have eggs on a Sunday in the UK, I love them boiled but we're having them poached on toast tonight.
how on earth can someone hate milk and butter? they are natural foods not like some of the rubbish people eat these days full of chemicals and preservatives.

You have to try this recipe! Really tasty! If you want to make breakfast muffins, take out most or all the chocolate chips and add some of your favorite fruit.

1673283835468.png

I didn’t use that many chocolates chips.

https://www.backtomysouthernroots.com/baked-oatmeal-muffins/

You have to try this recipe! Really tasty! If you want to make breakfast muffins, take out most or all the chocolate chips and add some of your favorite fruit.

View attachment 18528

I didn’t use that many chocolates chips.

https://www.backtomysouthernroots.com/baked-oatmeal-muffins/
Yum!

I had eggs and toast. I am only "allowed" 2 eggs a week, but I could eat eggs every day. I love them.

Smoked salmon frittata with cream cheese and dill cooked in a cast iron, corned beef (another no-no for me) with poached eggs, and smoked turkey avacado eggs benedict with hollandaise would be three meals I imagine to be served in heaven!

We don't do breakfast around here much anymore. Mainly coffee and sometimes toast. We tend just to graze most of the day. A cup of yogurt, some cheese or peanut butter and crackers, celery and peanut butter, a cheese quesadilla with crumbled meat, salad. An early dinner around 5pm is our big meal.

Just figuring, we probably should get our bodies used to conserving as much as possible and finding quick no cook foods that can be prepared and eaten on the fly.

Coffee with milk for breakfast. Snack of yogurt or cheese around 10, then lunch. Another snack around 2 and 4 or when my body says it needs it. Then dinner around 6 and another snack before bed. I just don't do breakfast.

We do coffee or tea early, then after a walk with the dog, a big breakfast. Homemade bread of all sorts,
5 different kinds of coffee as to how it is brewed or made.
Toast, eggs, ham, potatos, cheese, tomatos, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, rice are all on the menu which changes daily. Sometimes at 7 am, sometimes around 11 am, depending how long and where we go walking.

We do coffee or tea early, then after a walk with the dog, a big breakfast. Homemade bread of all sorts,
5 different kinds of coffee as to how it is brewed or made.
Toast, eggs, ham, potatos, cheese, tomatos, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, rice are all on the menu which changes daily. Sometimes at 7 am, sometimes around 11 am, depending how long and where we go walking.

I can't do big meals with a lot of carbs because it spikes my blood sugar, followed by a deep crash (over active pancreas/insulin production), I have to "graze" all day, with protein being the main staple in the form of dairy, peanut butter or meat to keep things level.

A steamed pork bun (fairly small) and coffee with Oatley's Full Fat Oat milk until I get my cholesterol down to where the cardiologist is happy. Will know tomorrow...

Would rather use whole milk and have eggs grits and sausage but can't afford another heart attack, I'm still paying the bills for the last one.

Latest posts

Back