What are some of your favorite smells ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica

Friend
Neighbor
It's been raining for a few days here in Indiana and while most people hate the downpours and storms, I love them ! Especially the smell . I have a few "odd" things I love the smell of . For instance I love the smell of skunks! And the inside of Menards/Lowes. Gasoline is another weird one of mine. But my all time favorite is patchouli ! What's some of your favorite smells ?

Gasoline was but it seems to be fading maybe it's the new gas additives that ruined it for me.
Tire stores.
Petrichor, that's the smell of rain after a dry spell.
http://www.wordsmith.org/words/petrichor.html
Your new word for the day.:)
Bacon, everyone loves bacon don't they?
The ocean, not the smell of the beach but the actual ocean.
On a more personal note, I love the way my wife smells.

Fresh cut daisies, napalm burning, a freshly bathed dog, black powder smoke, the smell of the air at 7000 feet in the morning mist and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
I am not only complicated but I seem to be a bit conflicted as well.

A fresh cut hay field
a hay barn
a hardwood forest when raining
a cotton field in September
a wild patch of Angelica when it's blooming
sweetbay magnolia blooming by a small stream in the woods (Magnolia virginiana).

Last edited:
Mmmmmm....love the aroma of sliced jalapeno peppers and onions browning in butter to go in swiss steak for supper....and listening to thunder and rain/sleet falling...and the rain barrel tanks are running over, such a blessing...laugh when I think how hubby piped rain water to the cold water faucet in his bathroom...

I love some of these ! So unique and interesting ! Next to music, scents seem to be my biggest memory trigger. I have epilepsy so my memory is pretty bad but when I smell something from my past it's like someone just turned on a movie projector in my mind. ✌ ❤️

Sweet Annie (herb)
Sandalwood
Patchouli
the smell of the earth after a rain (like earthworms)
cedar, rubbing the foliage between my fingers
lavender
I think my favorite is the smell of mesquite wood smoke. It smells so PRIMAL and I suddenly feel like I want to be barefoot and living outside. Other wood smoke scents are good, but mesquite? Never get over it.
Dairy farm, lol
Puppies
Geraniums
Lily of the Valley
Baby breath

I love some of these ! So unique and interesting ! Next to music, scents seem to be my biggest memory trigger. I have epilepsy so my memory is pretty bad but when I smell something from my past it's like someone just turned on a movie projector in my mind. ✌ ❤️
Absolutely!
The other evening we had the windows open for the first time this year, and just smelling/feeling that fresh air in the house in the evening - put me right back in the 70s in my childhood home, and I could imagine a baseball game coming from my father’s little green transistor radio... :)

Latest posts

Back