What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight I had seafood hot n sour soup w\shrimp, potato salad w\fresh cracked pepper and a hand full of steamed shrimp, extra yummy. ;)
Steamed shrimp_v1.jpg

lpl... the paper plate holds my truck keys, wallet, pocket change etc when I empty my pockets when I come in the house.

Old bay for me... my kitchen still smells like it. I'm going to steam another batch for supper today... more old bay.

Got Italian Meatballs in the crock pot now with bbq sauce, will either serve with angel hair pasta or make sandwich.
Leaning toward sandwich.
Garden salad,fresh picked lettuce, cherry tomatoes thinly sliced purple onion diced, ranch salad dressing.
Have grand daughter today at my house.

I love meatballs. We have a recipe where we put Italian meatballs into a crock pot with 1 jar of red pepper marinara (spaghetti sauce) and 1 jar of hot and spicy salsa. Sounds weird, tastes amazing.

The local Pizza Hut in the little town had an “all you can eat” lunch special on week days. This lasted about 2 years. I wasn’t greedy… About once a month I stop and have 2, sometimes 3 slices, a nice salad and a glass of ice tea for less the $9. They stopped for some reason… miss those days.

There is another pizza place in the little town. The guy is from Chicago, real Chicago deep dish, the real McCoy! Its great pizza and a bigger salad bar. He always has thin crust or deep dish for their "Slice and a Salad" special for lunch. My only complaint... his thin crust isn't as thin as NY thin crust. I prefer NY thin crust. :)

I'm making a shrimp pie, steamed broccoli and heated Italian bread for the hubby

Hope he likes it I've never made it for him before today........can I say I love bisquick? ;)

The local Pizza Hut in the little town had an “all you can eat” lunch special on week days. This lasted about 2 years. I wasn’t greedy… About once a month I stop and have 2, sometimes 3 slices, a nice salad and a glass of ice tea for less the $9. They stopped for some reason… miss those days.

There is another pizza place in the little town. The guy is from Chicago, real Chicago deep dish, the real McCoy! Its great pizza and a bigger salad bar. He always has thin crust or deep dish for their "Slice and a Salad" special for lunch. My only complaint... his thin crust isn't as thin as NY thin crust. I prefer NY thin crust. :)

I prefer thin crust also.

All of y'all are making me hungry and plus I'm going to grocery today. I will have to get these pics out of my head before I go.

Last edited:
Got Italian Meatballs in the crock pot now with bbq sauce, will either serve with angel hair pasta or make sandwich.
Leaning toward sandwich.
Garden salad,fresh picked lettuce, cherry tomatoes thinly sliced purple onion diced, ranch salad dressing.
Have grand daughter today at my house.

Thanks fro idea, haven't had meatballs in years. Always wondering what to eat. Dinner for 2 is harder to do than dinner for 10.

One and a half pounds of grilled leftover ribeye with spinach salad left over from our Friday roast and a potato...

Yes I eat a pound and a half of beef every-night in the restaurant for my dinner...

I'm trying to get my bodyweight up to 220 from 205....

Fat and protein are great for increased mass, but I prefer to alternate proteins. Beef, pork, eggs, etc. You might want to consider fasting for muscle gains too. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but after 12-24 hours of fasting your natural levels of testosterone and HGH are off the charts. I will often eat a protein heavy early dinner, then eat nothing at all for 18 hours, then lift weights and afterwards have a high protein meal.

Fat and protein are great for increased mass, but I prefer to alternate proteins. Beef, pork, eggs, etc. You might want to consider fasting for muscle gains too. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but after 12-24 hours of fasting your natural levels of testosterone and HGH are off the charts. I will often eat a protein heavy early dinner, then eat nothing at all for 18 hours, then lift weights and afterwards have a high protein meal.
Thats normally something like what I do, my off day ill have a really light breakfast and later really pack in the healthier carbs like sweet potato and brown rice for two hours and one good scoop of ice cream just because.
Then nothing until the next day late morning breakfast at work.
After one month of this I've got my squat back over 400lbs again.
But im constantly bloated during the week...

Thats normally something like what I do, my off day ill have a really light breakfast and later really pack in the healthier carbs like sweet potato and brown rice for two hours and one good scoop of ice cream just because.

I eat lots of nuts especially peanuts, walnuts and olives and can't seem to gain weight. But still fairly strong for an old woman. I eat very little meat but do eat some fish. We eat all kinds of fruits vegetables too.
Dr.s say my blood work is better than theirs. Alway always had high lipids aka colesterol, but never had heart trouble Dr.s say high lipids are actually good for you.

If you eat anything, except very limited amounts of pure fat, you are not fasting. If you eat (or don't eat) to control hormone production you can then use your hormones for whatever health benefit you want, such as adding muscle mass or cutting body fat. All carbs convert to glucose (sugar) in the body, so there really are no healthier carbs. That's just a myth the diet industry uses. Some have more fiber or vitamins than others but they are rarely worth the negative effects. In fact it only takes 2-3 total carbs to stop autophagy and limit your bodies production of testosterone and HGH. So a light breakfast or quick snack or sugary protein bar can actually be working against your gains.

On a side note: Ketogenics is naturally noninflammatory and greatly reduces or eliminate any feelings of bloat. Having been keto for years now, I only have to eat one little carb laden thing and I feel like complete crap. And then I instantly recommit to eating keto.

Latest posts

Back