What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex is still having trouble with her knee so I did the cooking. Thick cut pork chops, baked beans, corn on the cob and a baked potato.

IMG_3134.jpeg

Don't freeze all the leftovers... I'll be there tomorrow for dinner. lol

Rhubarb Pie for desert right?
I will have leftovers for today, but also for many more meals. I can't eat it fast enough to have it stay edible if I do not freeze it. The recipe says it makes 8 servings. For me, it is more like 16 servings for this recipe. I make batches of food and freeze the leftovers in meal sized portions. If I don't, I'd throw a lot of it away. Leftovers should be eaten within 3 days, from what I was told by the doctor at the headache clinic when I went for help with migraines a few decades ago. I make large batches, for the purpose of having freezer meals. I have deli containers and the black bottom with clear lid containers for this purpose.

I make Thanksgiving leftover meals, New Years day leftover meals (smothered steak, black-eyed peas, rice, collards, corn bread), red beans and rice, baked spaghetti, chili, soups, and more. I have many days when I am busy, and being able to pull out one of these meals and heat it up is great for me. Also, the big clean up is really only once for several meals. I also like to not eat the same thing for endless days. This way, I can have variety in my meals.

Latest posts

Back