What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you put in a vegan quesadilla?
Vegan re-fried beans.
A layer of diced tomatoes.
a layer of natural Cheese.
a layer of finely chopped red onion.
a layer of jalapeno relish.
a layer of shredded lettuce.
Fry for five, flip, fry for five, cut in quarters, and top with sour cream, guacamole, or quesadilla sauce.
At some point, I might add rice, maybe!

On a side note, the real tamales (The corn husk-wrapped ones.) are godlike simmered in quesadilla sauce and topped with sour cream.

Vegan re-fried beans.
Fry for five, flip, fry for five, cut in quarters, and top with sour cream, guacamole, or quesadilla sauce.

On a side note, the real tamales (The corn husk-wrapped ones.) are godlike simmered in quesadilla sauce and topped with sour cream.
I am confused, I thought Vegans did not eat figs, honey, cheese or sour cream.

Well, the way I see it, It's not meat and dear old mom gave us milk on day one or we wouldn't be here, cheese and sour cream both come from milk. I intend to keep on eating eggs too until I get rid of all the uric acid in me that's cost me so much agony this past month. this isn't some tutty fruity moral decision. here in a month, I'm going to jump off the wagon, rip the head off a moose, and BBQ that sucker in tequila and honey glaze and wash it down with chocolate ice cream and Rolling Rock beer!

Vegetarian do not eat meat, Vegans do not wear leather, furs or eat anything that comes from an animal.
Eggs, honey, bees wax, any lard or animal oils, no sea food, figs because one type of figs have insect part in it, not the common fig of North America.
Had a teacher that was a vegan in Middle school, I read Vegetarian Times for one year & ate a vegetarian diet for six weeks in my wild days.

The lady is making buttermilk pancakes on her new griddle while she uses her feminine powers to force me smoke up some meat market ring sausage. Yesterday she whipped up some butter and made some homemade syrup from maple sap. Pretty sure she also plans on putting together some kind of fruit salad as there are more berries in the ice box than we normally eat in a month.

To me "Vegan" is personal preference.
My youngest niece is "Vegan".
She doesn't eat red meat.
But she eats fish, eggs, cheese and milk.
I too was confused about "Vegan", so I asked her about being "Vegan".
She explained to me the different levels of "Vegan".
She adapts her personal version of "Vegan" to her lifestyle.
Just my opinion.

Wegan /ˈwēɡən/ noun. Someone who follows a vegan diet, omitting all animal products except for wild-harvested meats. Put another way, a wegan diet is a vegan diet modified to include only wild-harvested meats. This term was coined by Kuʻulani Muise of Maui Nui Venison, as she, her husband Jake, and their three young children all enjoy a “wegan” diet but struggled to find a simple term to encapsulate it. Hence the invention of this word and “weganism.”

Got some of those extra large Kirkland hot dogs for the kettle grill. Going to toast the bakery buns and add some sport peppers, mustard, sweet pickle relish, tomato, celery salt, and onion and produce some Corruption Dogs. Oops I mean Chicago style hot dogs. Lady is going to make some sweet potato fries and to go with. Today's beverage selection is going to be Dr. Pepper. Pairs well with tubes of meat and other animal parts.

Just my opinion.
"Veganism is a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of animals, humans and the environment. In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or partly from animals."
There are many ways to embrace vegan living. Yet one thing all vegans have in common is a plant-based diet avoiding all animal foods such as meat (including fish, shellfish and insects), dairy, eggs and honey - as well as avoiding animal-derived materials, products tested on animals and places that use animals for entertainment.

Some people may choose to go vegan, for some it may be because they do not believe in farmed animal practices and animal exploitation, for others it may be due to environmental concerns. Whatever the reason The Vegan Society is here to support everyone on their vegan journey.

History​

Although the vegan diet was defined early on in The Vegan Society's beginnings in 1944, by Donald Watson and our founding members.It was as late as 1949 before Leslie J Cross pointed out that the society lacked a definition of veganism. He suggested “[t]he principle of the emancipation of animals from exploitation by man”. This is later clarified as “to seek an end to the use of animals by man for food, commodities, work, hunting, vivisection, and by all other uses involving exploitation of animal life by man”.

The society was first registered as a charity in August 1964 but its assets were later transferred to a new charity when it also became a limited company in December 1979. The definition of veganism and the charitable objects of the society were amended and refined over the years. By winter 1988 the current definition was in use - although the phrasing has changed slightly over the years.

Read more on the history of veganism.
https://www.vegansociety.com/go-veg...all vegans,that use animals for entertainment.
Sorry I did not make the rules, I just quoted them.

Vegan re-fried beans.

I thought vegans don’t eat cheese.
Is ground vegan, vegan?

Just my opinion.
The diets being described here sound like vegetarian diets vs vegan. Vegetarians just don’t eat meats but will drink milk, eat butter, honey, cheese. Is being vegan an “in” thing that’s why people are using vegan when they might really be vegetarian?

I thought vegans don’t eat cheese.

The diets being described here sound like vegetarian diets vs vegan. Vegetarians just don’t eat meats but will drink milk, eat butter, honey, cheese. Is being vegan an “in” thing that’s why people are using vegan when they might really be vegetarian?
I worked with a woman, who said she had vegetarian friend who only eat fish. I said no Vegetarian do not eat any meat, fish or shellfish.

Pescatarians
People who eat fish but no other meat are called pescatarians. Pescatarians follow a vegetarian diet that includes fish and other seafood, but avoid red meat and poultry. They also typically eat plant-based foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and beans, and may also consume eggs and dairy.
Sorry, I have hijack this thread, I did not mean to, just went down a rabbit hole.

I hope the diet works for you, pain drugs are not good diet is better way to the Health thing.
Oh, I didn't get any good dope, just some kind of steroid that's making the pain go away, but also making me aggressive. Time to roll another "chill pill." LOL

Got some of those extra large Kirkland hot dogs for the kettle grill. Going to toast the bakery buns and add some sport peppers, mustard, sweet pickle relish, tomato, celery salt, and onion and produce some Corruption Dogs. Oops I mean Chicago style hot dogs. Lady is going to make some sweet potato fries and to go with. Today's beverage selection is going to be Dr. Pepper. Pairs well with tubes of meat and other animal parts.

Well I lied. No Dr. Pepper. Somehow ended up with some bizarre strawberry version of DP, so I defaulted to an ice cold bottle of root beer.

Latest posts

Back