What Are You Listening To?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple tunes I picked especially for New Year's Eve... somehow, these tunes have stuck with me over the years, and I still like each one as much as I did when I first heard it, lol. And tonight, they carry a special message... I can identify with the performing artists who wrote these songs. :cool:

Big Mountain

Okay, I'm havin' trouble with this link, so I'll be back in a moment... okay, this should do it, lol. ;)

Johnny Winter

Had to find another video of the same tune, one of my favorite tunes by Johnny Winter... RIP, man, you STILL ROCK! 😢

Last edited:
Yeah, I have seen that, lol... but somehow, my mental imagery associated with that tune by 'The Mighty Zep' is more nautical, I see Viking longships loaded with Berserkers, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :oops:

I was just thinking (and we all know how dangerous that can be), no short list of tunes going into the New Year would be complete without THIS one, I reckon it'll cover ALL the bases, lol... ;)

Merle Haggard

And since I'm tossing that tune in here, might as well add this one... :)

Tom T. Hall

It happened to be close to the other tune, lol... I'm feeling pretty good here in Alamo, I'll say that, with these cold beers to augment that chronic I grew earlier this year, lol. :eek:

Got no other plans tonight, I already caught the local fireworks, unless someone kicks off more at midnight, which is always possible... gotta watch these blasted rednecks, sometimes they negligently discharge firearms, lol. :rolleyes:

Well, it's a night when ANYTHING might happen, except gay anal sex, lol... here's a tune by the Pistols that I always liked, I'm tossing in the orchestral version as well, gotta like the London Symphony Orchestra, lol. :cool:

Pistols

Orchestral version:

Pistols (again)

And just to keep the hood rats happy, I'd better throw in this rap tune, lol... :oops:

Sir MixaLot

Last edited:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good thing I don't listen to it all the time, aye? Here's one for the past loves... I know y'all will find this hard to believe, but I was actually shacked up with some beautiful women in my time, and this 'love ballad' by the Scorps kinda touches base with my sentiments. Of course, those gals are all dead or in prison, lol... :oops:

Scorpions

And here's one for the REAL PARTY ANIMALS, don't wanna "exclude" them on New Year's Eve... "BIGOTRY!!!" 🤣

Pat Travers

Gee, that last post was made not long before I wrecked my right foot... but here's what I'm listening to now as I kick back and contemplate what I'm gonna have for dinner, lol. 😒

Jimi Hendrix

That's not a BBQ reference either, lol, I ain't goin' to all that trouble... more like some frozen TV dinner tonight, since I'm about to "graduate" to the viewing couch here pronto, aye? :rolleyes:

I've never been one that listen to Country music and Dirt Rock , must be i've been living in a cave in the north east .
I think i'm hooked.

I got some new cd’s to play along with, bluegrass. I ripped the cd’s to my computer then went through each figuring out the Key they are played in.

One tune caught my attention. Where have I heard it before? I've posted before about Irish and Scottish music being the foundation of Bluegrass, especially old fiddle tunes.

Here are 2 tunes, one an Irish jig, the other is American written by Bill Monroe. They are very, very similar, so similar they have to have the same source long ago. I’ve found such songs in the past but never 2 songs this similar. The difference is a couple notes in the verse and in the chorus.

The first was in Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows part 1, Bill and Fleur’s wedding scene. The song is known in Ireland as "Humours of Glendart", an Irish jig/fiddle tune. This jig has many names and as played in the movie is actually 2 jigs combined. The other jig is named "Drink with Me".

2nd, in 1972 Bill Monroe included a song he'd written on the album "Uncle Pen". The tune is named "The Lee Wedding Tune".

Do ya’ll think they are the same or have the same ancestor? They are played at different speeds which makes them sound different but listen to the notes...

Here is “Humours of Glen Dart” Utub link

Here is Bill Monroe's song "The Lee Wedding Tune" performed by the Price Sisters of Ohio.

Last edited:
I like the Christian rock band The Newsboys.

But, I get a kick out of their drummer. He really likes to drum. :) Even when he's doing a one stick beat, he is totally into it, mouth open, eyes closed. So funny. :) He almost distracts me from these songs....

He wants to drum with abandon. :cool:

And just a reminder to Snowjob Joe. Void hates you too!
You are the epitome of anti-freedom, anti-life you're an Anti-Christ!

Recently we got a freebie USB chargeableJBL Bluetooth speaker. We've been using it when we sit on the porch and when we went camping.

Been playing Pandora and running a channel for The Guess Who. Bunch of good old music from the early to mid 70s

Last edited:
Linked from the Joke and Humor Thread...

I heard this a thousand times in my car with my daughters. Kind of grew to like it.

Taylor Swift plays both girls in the video.

Oh yeah...this one was played a thousand times, too.

No, I'm not a Swifty. I just have daughters!! :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back