What are you working on RIGHT now?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we move to the country, we're going to use a storage container for our underground bunker thingamajig. They're sturdy, and they have their own walls an roof built in. I'm not sure if you even need to put a slab down for one but we probably will just to be extra safe. Put it a few feet underground, work up an entrance from the house and another they exits to the grounds and we're all set.

I'm wanting to put winches latched to a platform to lower my gear through the roof, I'm thinking the inside walls are going to be half inch thick steel, with 12 inches of rebar and concrete on the out side that way the cement can't fall through. I have 3 fourwheelers a tractor and 2 vehicles I'm wanting to store a shipping container just isn't big enough

Ahh, indeed not haha. I've seen people put several of them together but sounds like you've got a solid plan there.

Re-arranging the closets to make more space for the incoming supplies and gear

Canvassing solar equipment for the farm.

Re-arranging the closets to make more space for the incoming supplies and gear

Canvassing solar equipment for the farm.
It's not too expensive to set up a panel and charger for one task like a pump or something, it's a major undertaking to set up your whole house. I'm looking at another type of battery that's better for solar storage. It's an evergreen sweeper, I think l 16. I'll let you know about cost vs longer life as I learn about it more. Be well

It's not too expensive to set up a panel and charger for one task like a pump or something, it's a major undertaking to set up your whole house. I'm looking at another type of battery that's better for solar storage. It's an evergreen sweeper, I think l 16. I'll let you know about cost vs longer life as I learn about it more. Be well

The set-up at the farm would be quite large since I have to power up the whole house and make it fully offgrid. This would also entail making new wiring for 12V lights and appliances.

We have a local battery brand called MotoLite and they recently have a model called the SolarMaster designed for Solar installations.

Will post updates from time to time.

Be Safe Always...

The set-up at the farm would be quite large since I have to power up the whole house and make it fully offgrid. This would also entail making new wiring for 12V lights and appliances.

We have a local battery brand called MotoLite and they recently have a model called the SolarMaster designed for Solar installations.

Will post updates from time to time.

Be Safe Always...
I'd be interested to learn what you find out. I'm not able to do the solar setup here yet, hopefully next year, but am starting to learn all I can for it.

Latest posts

Back