What are your favorite ways to cook sweet taters?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make oven fries with them. I coat them in olive oil, salt and pepper then bake them in a hot oven to get some color on them. You might have to fry them in oil to get them crispy

I also do them the same way but I cut them in chunks instead of fry shape. They taste good just the way they are with just salt and pepper to me. Same as just as a "baked potato". I do add some butter to them then like a regular baked potato.

I do want to try them as scalloped potatoes to see how it turns out. I think that might be good. I don't think I'd like them as au gratin ( with cheese). Doesn't sound good to me lol

I slice them up and add to my homemade dog food. They love them! I like them any way I can use them. I have recipes for them in veggie tacos and veggie burgers, but haven't made them yet as am still staying away from carbs except for the smoothies.

Our dogs just ate our leftover sweet potato yesterday. They do love them and ours had butter and a bit of brown sugar on them too.

Latest posts

Back