What did you have for dinner last night?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby Back Ribs with Steak Fries & Cole Slaw...and Sweet Tea.

iCBmMeX.jpg

Had a Southern breakfast for dinner.
Thick cut bacon, free range eggs over easy, grits with country ham bits and a cathead biscuit. Ummmm!

a bacon eggs.jpg

Yea Man...it IS !!

The bacon flavors the beef all the way through...

I cook the meatloaf about 3/4 of the way...take it out...drain the greasy pan... cut the meat loaf in half long ways...put in the Moz...put the top back on...cover with bacon strips...then back in pan to cook until bacon is browned and crispy....the cheese will be melted perfect by then.

Try it...

Yea Man...it IS !!

I cook the meatloaf about 3/4 of the way...take it out...drain the greasy pan... cut the meat loaf in half long ways...put in the Moz...put the top back on...cover with bacon strips...then back in pan to cook until bacon is browned and crispy....the cheese will be melted perfect by then.

Try it...

Ooooo I will. Lol

Yea Man...it IS !!

I have threatened to make that here. I may have to get off my duff and do that this weekend.

I got off my duff and it's in the oven right now, lol!

Well, I must say it ain't too bad (the Wife approved, bonus!). I will be tweaking the meat mix recipe a little the next time I make it though, I WILL be adding garlic and perhaps some bacon diced up small then fried up before adding it. I also used a beater as suggested in the recipe, I must say I like the texture much better than mushing it all up with your hands, much finer and tighter.

Good bacon and my Sweet Baby Ray's "Sweet and Spicy" barbecue sauce.

It was so good I couldn't sit still and eat it. :D

meatloaf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer in January here.

Baby back ribs, potato and macaroni salads, with a nice slice of pecan pie for deezert, lol.

Back