What do you have for breakfast?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a little guy of 9 I spent my summers in a small town called Sontag Ms. My Grand parents had a farm there.
I would wake at day break to the smell of bacon and coffee. Sleepily stumble into the kitchen to have coffee with my Grandma before every one else woke up, She would pour me a cup of warm milk with just enough coffee to turn the color a light brown. We would sit and have important conversations
That is the thought I have when I smell coffee and bacon
Its amazing how the simple smell of something can rejuvenate wonderful memories!!

Today I made malted pancakes, scrambled egg with cheese and sausage links for breakfast. Every once once in a while I feel motivated. Now cleaning the kitchen. Might make a loaf of bread in the bread machine to go with the leftover
chili tonight
Ok I’ll bite
What is a malted pancake? You have peaked my curiosity

Malt is like what is inside a malted milk ball. A shake with malt powder is a “malt”. Adds just another level of flavor that I really like. You can add malt powder to milk, chocolate milk, pancakes, chocolate cake, cookies, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_0762.png
    IMG_0762.png
    358.4 KB · Views: 0
I don't really know what to call this, traditional, retro, or throwback, but I am going to have a bowl of Wheaties for breakfast. Every few months I will have a craving for Wheaties. I do really like them, but when the box is empty I won't get another one for months.

I don't really know what to call this, traditional, retro, or throwback, but I am going to have a bowl of Wheaties for breakfast. Every few months I will have a craving for Wheaties. I do really like them, but when the box is empty I won't get another one for months.
My favorite cereal is Life, or Capt Crunch

I am going to try this Malt, sounds good

My favorite cereal is Life, or Capt Crunch

I am going to try this Malt, sounds good

Have you ever tried Malt-O-Meal cereal? I think they still make it. It was similar to oatmeal, but made from wheat and malted barley. Usually served hot like oatmeal.

We always had malt in the house when I was a kid. My Mom made malted milk for my sister because she was so thin.

For the first time in many years I've had a craving for grape nuts cereal... Warm half milk, half water in your bowl, add grape nuts cereal.. Use a liberal amount of Splenda..

It has tasted really good, I'm glad the box it comes in is much smaller than usual cereal boxes..
KnowwhatImean....

It has tasted really good, I'm glad the box it comes in is much smaller than usual cereal boxes..
KnowwhatImean....

Exactly. I have a rule, and it isn't a healthy one. If the package isn't resealable it is a single serving. Probably what helps me keep my girlish figure.

Last edited:
Last edited:
We only use real butter. I buy it in 2 pound packages. Sometimes 4 lbs from Costco.

I do make my own kefir, yogurt and Kumnucha. It’s easy.
I just started doing it and yeah it is easy
I am making kombucha Next I am going to make yogurt

Try some vanilla extract in your kombucha
Reminds me of crème soda

View attachment 122578

I put in 3 tablespoons but I think next time I’ll put in 4-5 tablespoons. I like flavors to slap me in the face, not just tease my tastebuds.

Do you have malt on hand?
Trivia: Malt, proper name, Maltose.
For those of us that are lactose-intolerant, it is lactose X10.
The amount of our 'natural-gas production' could easily run a power plant :oops:.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good 'malt'😍much more than a milkshake...
However, the people around me 2-hours later, do not!gaah
...Malt should be fermented into beer.:thumbs:

I went to the local bar restaurant for the morning meeting of locals that start their day with beer. Actually I wanted to return a generator I just fixed for one of them..
The restaurants menu lists most things for breakfast starting at 12 or more dollars so with a ice tea and tip it uses up most of a 20 dollar bill. Not on their menu is a big bowl of oatmeal with raisins that they sell for $5.50 so that is what I normaly have for Bfast there...

Do you know what I haven’t had for 50 years that is real butter, orange marmalade, and a croissant. That’s good there.
== ==
The thing that makes orange marmalade MUCH better is to mix about a cup of crunched up very crispy bacon into about 2 cups of marmalade... Croissant is OK, but a proper British Scone is better... Biscuit will do...

Latest posts

Back