What do you use solar power for?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few small solar panels that keep the batteries for the 2 winches on my wood processor charged enough to function. once in a while If I think about it to charge a battery

We are lucky to live where the sun shines a lot....of course it doesnt rain much either. I had one of the salesmen come by who put panels on your roof and grid tie it..After I told him how much electricity we used and by the way we belong to a electrical co op.
He then closed his sales book and moved on. With the co op our rates are really low, the co op was originaly formed to serve farther out places that werent profitable for the standard electric companies. But now everyone is moving around us so we are expecting the rates to go up any time.
We have some panels and batteries stashed currently and just the minor driveway alams and motion activated lights that are charged by the sun. I also rig up yard lights with fairly large panels in my motor homes so it looks like someone is living in them. I have quite a few fresh yard lights stored that would function well for room lighting and reading lights if the power went down tonight.. I find the lights that have a on and off switch so they can be used then turned off. I also have a well pump that will run direct off my panels and pump from 200 ft down.

Latest posts

Back