What is the worst food you've ever eaten?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..I certainly believe you, but.. Of Course, you Do realize ‘what Question that now-Begs’, dont you? 🤔😬 (..I mean, we Are on the topic of ‘Worst thing you’ve ever Eaten’, amirite? 🤓

Just bustin brass, Bro 😁 Any Parent, who’s changed Countless ‘poopie-diapers’ in thier life, knows the life-alteringly-traumatic answer to that question.. 😱😂

jd
That's #5 in my book, "A Million and One Reasons Why I Don't Have Kids"!!

So I know this has been a lot about organs, but the grossest thing I've eaten
slimy ol' cooked spinach! Blek! I like raw spinach or even in soup or quiche but you slop a pile of that green slime on my plate and it's all I can do not to hurl. I've eaten and like sushi, "rocky mountain oysters" (calf nuts), skull meat, and various other oddities, but cooked spinach is nasty.

Here's another one... Head Cheese, made from the head of a pig, but it's not cheese. And just for @Spikedriver there's another version with vinegar called Souse Meat.

I had it as a little kid fairly often. Lot of old folks out here in the country ate it regularly, back when we killed our own hogs. A few years ago I knew a guy who would bring it to potluck dinners. I like it better than vienna sausages. Getting over the "meat jelly" part... is a bit difficult. 😂 Sort of like spam with extra spices... and jelly. I like vinegar so prefer Souse Meat.

Head cheese or brawn is a cold cut that originated in Europe (cold cut terrine or meat jelly). A version pickled with vinegar is known as Souse Meat. Head cheese is not a dairy cheese, but a terrine or meat jelly often made with flesh from the head of a calf or pig, or less commonly a sheep or cow, and often set in aspic. The parts of the head used vary, but the brain, eyes, and ears are usually removed. The tongue, and sometimes the feet and heart, may be included. It can also be made from trimmings from pork and veal, adding gelatin to the stock as a binder. Sometimes, it is made with nothing from the head.

View attachment 103951
This was a regular when I was growing up. It was called pickled meat. It was often made by cooking pigs feet or hocks. When my great aunt cooked holiday meals, there were usually four meats, and this was always one of the meats. There was always a cruet of vinegar on the table that was poured over it. It is best to serve it in a small bowl. What other meats were served amongst the four? Always something game, duck or goose. Ham was usually present, and then it was either chicken or roast beef. The meal almost always included kraut as well.

Oh- and don't see the point of sushi.
There is a reason for fire :). to cook the things that need cooking :D

I have been eating sushi for over ten years & only eat raw fish once.
Sushi is the rice & does not mean raw meat.
I do not eat raw meat because I do not have to, but it is good to know I can keep it down if I had too.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back