What Shortages are You Seeing?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the bulk of my seed from Baker Creek and Totally Tomatoes. Never had a problem before. But a couple things from Baker Creek had poor germination. You just never know
Did they refund you for your lost?

We stopped by grocery store after church today. No eggs, milk and yogurt very low. Meat section looked well stocked but who can afford it? Yesterday I was in town and went by Wally. All fresh fruits very low in supply. Carrots were sparse. Lunch meat low and very picked over. My mouth sure watered over the lovely big fresh cherries. 6.98 a pound. Just couldn’t do it.

A big ol’ shortage of generators, power cords (for said generators), and tarps in our immediate area, due to the tornado. So it’s not a supply chain issue - but rather a reminder of things to have on hand before and event, because you won’t be able to get them afterwards. (I’ve been floored by the number of people who thought they could run to a neighboring town and buy a generator the day after the tornado - as if they would still have any.)

We stopped by grocery store after church today. No eggs, milk and yogurt very low. Meat section looked well stocked but who can afford it? Yesterday I was in town and went by Wally. All fresh fruits very low in supply. Carrots were sparse. Lunch meat low and very picked over. My mouth sure watered over the lovely big fresh cherries. 6.98 a pound. Just couldn’t do it.
Something I hate about modern grocery store—pre-packed produce. At the grocery I go to, almost everything is prepacked. I remember going with my mom when I was a kid and everything but 10 pound bags were stacked loosely in the cases and you picked out your own. Handfuls of green beans, cherries, bunches of grapes, etc.

I put in all my orders for my bulk low carb shake mixes, powdered MCT oil, sups and groceries.

The groceries are to the boot and I'll get a text when they are ready to be picked up and the rest will be delivered sometime next week.

I will NOT be buying the Landshark another coat.

A big ol’ shortage of generators, power cords (for said generators), and tarps in our immediate area, due to the tornado. So it’s not a supply chain issue - but rather a reminder of things to have on hand before and event, because you won’t be able to get them afterwards. (I’ve been floored by the number of people who thought they could run to a neighboring town and buy a generator the day after the tornado - as if they would still have any.)
We have an industrial supply here locally that makes custom power cords, extreme heavy duty with industrial plugs and wire, they are not cheap, but you'll never replace it either! I had them do a 10' pig tail for my other camper, it was 25$ a fifty footer runs about 75$ but the quality is phenomenal!

Did I mention 100% American parts?

Things are definitely weird at the stores round here. After almost a month of no ground sausage at any store, every store has the sausage case full to bursting (of course at a higher price). I'm wondering if we're not starting to see a lot of bullwhip effect getting magnified in the supply chains, it would explain a lot of what's going on.

It's starting to get extremely frustrating to plan things only to be thwarted because the raw materials aren't in stock. Went to HD to get the same bagged gravel we get several times a year to top off our graveled paths, to find bare shelves at three different locations. I'm probably better off buying what I need from a local landscape supply company, but now I've got to try and match size and color, etc...

My shelves at home are full, I'm keeping stuff in milk crates, about October I'm going to start using up the canned stuff and save my money.

The supermarkets here keep extra stock right on the top of their shelves, unopened. I've noticed lately that there's nothing up there- one shop had it covered in signage. Today- only expensive wraps in supermarkets. No cat litter in three shops - one had a small stack of very expensive stuff. The own brand flavoured water had gone from 35c to 55c. There were also a few things like casserole mixes etc that I don't buy at a quarter of the usual price, which means that aren't getting them back in. Olive oil up another 5c, and a sign saying don't buy more than two -but I now have a years supply. Chicken feed up also.

I can recommend RECON1's MRE skakes.
They're made in America ans they sure as hell ain't vegan and come in a lot of nice flavors.
Thanks, we'll give them a try, I can get those locally.

Things are definitely weird at the stores round here. After almost a month of no ground sausage at any store, every store has the sausage case full to bursting (of course at a higher price). I'm wondering if we're not starting to see a lot of bullwhip effect getting magnified in the supply chains, it would explain a lot of what's going on.

It's starting to get extremely frustrating to plan things only to be thwarted because the raw materials aren't in stock. Went to HD to get the same bagged gravel we get several times a year to top off our graveled paths, to find bare shelves at three different locations. I'm probably better off buying what I need from a local landscape supply company, but now I've got to try and match size and color, etc...
See if you can order online and have it shipped directly to your house.

Just had to go to the store - blek! The ends out in the isles were mostly empty making it very nice from a less crowded stand point. Hubby hasn't been able to find the cheap beer he likes on Sat. after riding his motorcycle (PBR). It was on sale for a dollar a can. I got him 2 suitcases - how much do I love him? I call those man-flowers. 😂

See if you can order online and have it shipped directly to your house.

Just had to go to the store - blek! The ends out in the isles were mostly empty making it very nice from a less crowded stand point. Hubby hasn't been able to find the cheap beer he likes on Sat. after riding his motorcycle (PBR). It was on sale for a dollar a can. I got him 2 suitcases - how much do I love him? I call those man-flowers. 😂
That's a good idea - unfortunately for stuff like lumber, gravel, etc the shipping is usually through the roof. I keep seeing signs for a service that's the "Doordash for building supplies", I'll have to take a picture of one and check them out.

Dunno. they were out of fold up pruning saws and hid the coffee again. potted meat was in the cat food isle. Stupid illegals.
Ah but in their defence, maybe they weren't shown/ trained? There's a workforce issue here, so workers are stepping in to cover over people's jobs and don't have a clue because no one has the time to show them.

Latest posts

Back