What The Hell Is Going On With Boeing?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teeceetx

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Every day I read about yet another serious problem with a Boeing airplane.

Clearly, Boeing is doing something wrong in manufacturing. Likely, quality control seemingly does not exist there anymore.

And I'd bet the same is true of the airlines with regards to their inspection and maintenance.

I'll be avoiding getting on any plane until they sort all this out.

Very scary indeed.

Clearly, Boeing is doing something wrong in manufacturing. Likely, quality control seemingly does not exist there anymore.

And I'd bet the same is true of the airlines with regards to their inspection and maintenance.

Very scary indeed.
Planes have a very busy maintenance schedule.
If you don't have enough "guys" to do the maintenance, the planes suffer, because they log a lot of 'running hours'. :(
#1: Check turbine blades for cracks.

I meant to post in a different thread that I can't find now. Basically someone said nothing seems unthinkable or too far any more. I worked for Kerr Mcgee in the 80's. The Karen Silkwood stuff was very eye opening. The company settled out of court for allegedly contaminating her home with radioactive materials. That may have been lethal if not for the suspicious car accident later. She was a whistle blower and union activist. There was a movie starring Meryl Streep.

Very scary indeed.
I don't know. But I need to fly to Baltimore in May and the way things are going now - I may not do that.

A few air travel mishaps are a small price to pay for advancing diversity, equity and inclusion. And cheer up, it’s better now than it ever will be in the future.

Last edited:
This week yet another couple Boeing issues.

I'm quite sure Boeing has pretty much put quality & safety of it's planes on the back burner. They even admitted to having eliminated certain QC inspectors at it's facilities.

And the DEI is guaranteed to be a big part of it.

Add to that, the DEI efforts of United Airlines, and there is a perfect storm of a tragedy on the horizon.

It's only a matter of time when one of these planes falls from the sky.

I'm not sure if Boeing has gotten bad all of a sudden. My guess is that we are just now hearing it reported by the media. On top of that, the media is all about hysteria and gathering webpage hits. So who knows what the true magnitude of the problems is.

Still, it does give me slight hesitancy to want to fly. The only place I fly these days is to Hawaii. And the best schedules (not prices) are for United. Strike one. And they fly Boeings (at least to my destination in Hawaii). Strike two. And those Boeings are 737's. Strike three.

Well, it's been nice knowing you guys!

Screenshot at 2024-03-21 15-07-28.png

I'm not sure if Boeing has gotten bad all of a sudden. My guess is that we are just now hearing it reported by the media. On top of that, the media is all about hysteria and gathering webpage hits. So who knows what the true magnitude of the problems is.

Still, it does give me slight hesitancy to want to fly. The only place I fly these days is to Hawaii. And the best schedules (not prices) are for United. Strike one. And they fly Boeings (at least to my destination in Hawaii). Strike two. And those Boeings are 737's. Strike three.

Well, it's been nice knowing you guys!

View attachment 126849
You are in luck.
According to AOC they are going to build a bridge to Hawaii.

We will likely be flying 800 miles in May. I refuse to live in fear. If I die going to see my first grandkid graduate so be it. That doesn't mean I won't look closely at the airline and aircraft choices.

I meant to post in a different thread that I can't find now. Basically someone said nothing seems unthinkable or too far any more. I worked for Kerr Mcgee in the 80's. The Karen Silkwood stuff was very eye opening. The company settled out of court for allegedly contaminating her home with radioactive materials. That may have been lethal if not for the suspicious car accident later. She was a whistle blower and union activist. There was a movie starring Meryl Streep.
I saw that movie. It was very eye opening and sad.
I know. We are going to be flying from OKC to Baltimore in May and I am scared to death. I am not afraid of dying, but I am afraid of doing it on a crashing or burning plane.

View attachment 126861
Do you live in OKC? Hubby and I are just outside of Tulsa in a small town called Winchester.

Latest posts

Back