What the ****?!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like either a naturally occurring color that never got much press until now, or just a genetic flaw in that species. You can see the blue coloring already present. As I understod the coloring from my Aquarium keeping days, those highly colored blue is not visible under depths of water, so it becomes invisible.

I think the black bear with the blue fat was found, or harvested in northern California ??
I believe it was determined this was from the animal eating rodent, rat poison.. ?? For some reason I think it was determined this condition was no threat to humans...

I have to suspect the same type of product was the cause of blue fat and meat in wild boars.. Not sure of the location where this was observed..

I also have to agree, if I found an animal or fish like this I would NOT attempt to use any of it..

In all the years I did ranch, farm, personal property predator control I NEVER used poison for any ground moving critters.. I did use insect poisons.. This for wasp, ground bees, fly control.. For wasp and ground bees I mostly used homemade chemicals for nest and colony control.. I suppose this could leave residue in the ground for a while, but likely not a long lasting affect as many commercial poisons seem to do..

The last time I went on a charter fishing trip out of Newport Or. a couple people caught ling cod that were blue like that.
I had never seen that before.
Why so blue, little ling cod?
Ling cod also have green blood. I've read that when cooked the flesh turns white. I've also read that the blue color is from a glandular effect in the fishes organs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back