What was your 'laugh of the day' ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son's roommate said his Father is divorcing his mom.
The man is seventy, I said that crazy, she will get everything, he said yelp.

My laugh today!!!!! My wife left her credit card in a gas pump at Sam's today & they called ME. I got to call her & quiz her on what she was buying & told her to be sure & pay for it with the Sam's credit card. Why, she asked. Just pull it out of your purse & you will know WHY. OH ****? Having a dumb card in waiting on your spouse with worth thousands. Now no matter what dumb thing I do I have "At least I didn't leave my credit card in a gas pump" just waiting to be used. I laughed & laughed!

I didn't have a laugh of the day today. I think I did my fake laugh a couple of times, but didn't get a real one.

I always hope for at least one good laugh every day. Some days just don't get there. Today was one of them.
Some times you want something done right, you have to do to yourself.
This whole week has been tough, I helped three different people move, 70 inch T.V. is heavy for young men, forget two old farts trying to get it up a flight of 25 steps. I landscaped daughter Mother in Laws new house last week, still tired from that.
Meet a dump truck of pine bark fines, only to find it was a Simi tractor trailer with a guy who could not maneuver in tight spaces.
Took a load to the farm & potted up liners, I am about really to eat & go to bed. Wait, šŸ˜” that means I will have to get up again!

Last edited:
Today's laugh was two minutes ago. I was looking for my reading glasses...which were up on my lap.
One night My daughter had a light in the car to look for her phone, the LIGHT was on her phone in her hand the WHOLE time, she was looking.

My cousin couldnā€™t find her reading glasses. My aunt, the daughter and I helped her look around for them. Half hour goes by. She says ā€œhey yā€™all.ā€ They were hanging from the front of her shirt. None of us saw them. For 30 minutes.

My cousin couldnā€™t find her reading glasses. My aunt, the daughter and I helped her look around for them. Half hour goes by. She says ā€œhey yā€™all.ā€ They were hanging from the front of her shirt. None of us saw them. For 30 minutes.
Mine are ALWAYS there, unless they aren't :p

Same with me. Long story short.

I searched for my pen for 20 minutes. An operator asked me what I was looking for. When mumbling my reply I found the pen clenched in my teeth. Literally right under my nose.

Ben

O.K. so Bubba, the redneck, is doing some carpentry work using a circular saw. The saw hits a knot in the wood, and flies up and cuts his ear off. While Bubba is looking for his ear, the boss comes up and asks him what he is doing, so Bubba tells him what happened. The boss looks on the floor and points "there's an ear right there." Bubba says "That's not mine. Mine had a pencil behind it." :dunno:

One of our techs got a nickname from a coworker today, HALFASS. It was a joke, but I'm sure it'll stick
Havenā€™t heard that in a long time since my workplace doesnā€™t allow that kind of language. I mean, I might say it in my mind but also just donā€™t hear that kind of language. LOL Even my parents would say that one, except theyā€™d add ed to the end. Lol

One of our techs got a nickname from a coworker today, HALFASS. It was a joke, but I'm sure it'll stick

I used to work with a guy who had a permanent neck injury from playing football. His head always leaned to his right, so when you were looking at him... His nickname was 10 to 6.

Oh, we have fun nick names around our town. My grandpa was "Buck Enos". When he was wooing my grandma, he waited for her after a young person's singing (they do this Sunday evenings...church songs), and the father of the house came out and startled him, so he hid in a bush. The father yelled, "Who is that buck in the bush?". Another cousin was Sherfy Joe because he acted like a Sherf (sheriff here). Our neighbor is called Splinter. His name is really Marlin Yoder. Another neighbor is Skittles. There's also Stingy Dan. Everyone has two names, really. My name is my husband's first name then my first name. Then the last name. But thankfully, I don't have a weird nick name.

Back in the days of 976 numbers a guy named Jack ran up a phone bill of like $700 his mom lost her mind. From then on he was known as Me off.

Latest posts

Back