What would you do?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.

I am leaning toward waiting for desperate times to organize. It would be easier to keep the group focused on what is really important and not petty crap.

Ben

I've known some people that have had an interesting take on that - they make arrangements with people they know & trust that if the SHTF they'll get together at X location at X time. ie: We'll meet at the library at 6 PM. No playing games when there's real work to be done...

I imagine that even within a long standing closed group of folks who rely only on each other, live in proximity to one another with defensible terrain around STILL wonder to themselves who in the group has privately invited "others" (everyones got baggage) to the location if SRHTF. Problems on day one.

Its a fun mental exercise to run through various scenarios but if you really are serious and prepared, you better also be prepared to quickly die defending yourself against anything from a random band of jackyls to a organized rival group who has prepared way way less than you but theyve got ONE rifle that is accurate out to a mile.. with a starlight scope for example. We're talking SRHTF here. not really likely to happen but in folks minds thats what theyre getting ready for.

And once you repel the first attack.. the attackers go get friends and return. 30 tracers into your wooden house is enough fire fighting distraction to end you, if they cant get close enough to toss cocktail.

The reasonable solution is to join the closest large mass of anybodies, and show them one of your weapons and the 15 days of food you have.. keep your true stash well hidden from them and offer your labor and tools to the collective effort. Safety in numbers. If they dont have humvees and M60s etc you might want to suggest the group go join a larger group with equipment. Plan on working hard so that you stay useful. Keep your true deep knowledge well hidden. If you end up on the losing end of a conflict, offer the 8 pain pills you have buried and an apology. that'll work ONCE. Defect to a new group and start over if your situation becomes a risk to your life.

Once large groups run low on resources, the next things happen so be willing to participate. Horrid stuff in between omitted.

Im here to make a point that some get. The top tier of prepping, in my opinion.. is NOT wanting SHTF to happen sincerely enough to actually get involved in the process to AVOID it. The Founders actually put together a system thats usable but when no one stands up on day one or day two.. then the assclowns try more extreme BS. Say something BEFORE youre put into position of your neighbor using a government app to report your house as a possible prepper site, to get a government reward or a honorary position on Penncorps.

(look that up.. PA failed proposed legislation whereas skilled folks join to offer skills to the state free, and non members are not permitted to buy ammo, among other things)

yeah.

Latest posts

Back