What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The time is 0604 and I'm sitting at my terminal in Phoenix. Just got a text message from American Airlines that my seat was changed from aisle to center of the row. I hope that means there's nobody else in my row, because me and American are gonna have a come to Jesus meeting if I have to ride center of 3 all the way to O'Hare...

Lol so my flight is going to O' Hare and of course everyone knows how Chicago weather is in January. Except for one young woman on this flight, apparently. She's here at the gate wearing a tiny pair of shorts. I mean, if these things were any shorter there wouldn't be any mystery left! She's about to get a rude awakening when she gets off that plane. It's 25 degrees in Chicago...

Waiting for Helitech to show up to waterproof my basement.
They're a month early.
So I had to get busy last night and move the hot water heater and water softener away from walls.
PIA.

Suppose to be a 2 day job.
$5000/day for 3 guys.

Called me this morning and said they'd be here at 8:15.

Coffee sure is good.

Jim
Good morning handsome! Hope the Mrs is keeping you outta trouble 🙃

I don't know she's looking perky this morning .

They arrived 2 minutes late.

Gotta go.

Jim

What’s your favorite brand of paint, @Amish Heart ? And are you using a mold preventative paint? I had bought Kilz then found a “better” paint, haven’t bought it yet. Anyone got a recommendation? That high humidity in the bathroom was probably partly due to a beginning leak, which got worse and left us with no water for the most part for two weeks… or was it longer?

What’s your favorite brand of paint, @Amish Heart ? And are you using a mold preventative paint? I had bought Kilz then found a “better” paint, haven’t bought it yet. Anyone got a recommendation? That high humidity in the bathroom was probably partly due to a beginning leak, which got worse and left us with no water for the most part for two weeks… or was it longer?

My wife has been painting in our houses for 50 years. I DO NOT paint. She's good.

She's tried every brand known to man . Most are garbage,
Her go to is Ace Hardwares Royal . 1 coat covers everytime and now with primer in paint.

My 2 cents.

Jim

We used Kilz on my FIL’s deck and then Home Depot Behr one coat, worked great and still looks good 3 years later.
My dad was a painting contractor for 50 years and always used Kilz. He used to use Sherwin Williams but then their quality went down so he used Behr from Home Depot. My brother who took over his business swears by that as well. We painted our whole inside of the house with Behr and it covered well with one coat.

Kilz is nasty stuff, I refuse to use it anymore, and am not in the mood to put on a gas mask. Ha. Lowes has 3 levels of semi gloss interior, and I use the middle grade. I prefer semi gloss because it's washable when it dries, and we always have children in this house. It is also washable off the brush, unlike the old thick enamel everyone used to use for the kitchen. We don't have any mold in the upstairs bathroom, or anywhere I've seen here. Husband is allergic to mold, so we are nick picky about that, and use dehumidifiers when we need to. That bathroom was put in just 4 years ago, and we only put one coat of paint on it. The kids use the upstairs, so it was just looking a little hinky, and needed a total cleanout. Theyve be using the downstairs shower and bathroom while this is under construction. We have our own new handicap bathroom off the bedroom build on. The walls and ceiling just needed another coat of paint, a new light fixture was installed since the kids broke the last one. I need to paint the floors two coats, another coat on the ceiling, and a wall by the sink. Then rehang the curtain and the shower curtain. No trim was ever put up or baseboard, and I need to buy some, something thin enough for me not to use a nail gun with, since I don't have one, and someone ok enough not to require a slanted corner cut. Then I'll paint that white, along with everything else.

Trying my inexperienced skills at patching drywall. Before and after.

5A2A78DE-5FCF-4193-91C7-3D3E57561B44.jpegA8091AF5-54CA-4A5D-8B83-0E6FB172A195.jpeg

Woke this morning and turned on water and it was very grey. Looks like I have a leak in the water line. The man from the water company says it's is a small leak because the meter is barely moving. It is always something. Just had the septic line repaired too.
Grey? I’m not understanding how a water leak would discolor the water. Siphoning into the water a contaminate?

My guess is contaminated water line.

I wonder if I can convince my brother to make me some tea. I feel awful today. Found out one of the meds the nurse prescribed are not even remotely for what I have. I wonder if she got me confused with another patient. Side effects are awful and I'm trying not to upchuck. Stomach is in a knot. bleh.

I went to Samsclub, gave my brother the cards and had him go do the shopping and loading/unloading.

Kilz is nasty stuff, I refuse to use it anymore, and am not in the mood to put on a gas mask. Ha. Lowes has 3 levels of semi gloss interior, and I use the middle grade. I prefer semi gloss because it's washable when it dries, and we always have children in this house. It is also washable off the brush, unlike the old thick enamel everyone used to use for the kitchen. We don't have any mold in the upstairs bathroom, or anywhere I've seen here. Husband is allergic to mold, so we are nick picky about that, and use dehumidifiers when we need to. That bathroom was put in just 4 years ago, and we only put one coat of paint on it. The kids use the upstairs, so it was just looking a little hinky, and needed a total cleanout. Theyve be using the downstairs shower and bathroom while this is under construction. We have our own new handicap bathroom off the bedroom build on. The walls and ceiling just needed another coat of paint, a new light fixture was installed since the kids broke the last one. I need to paint the floors two coats, another coat on the ceiling, and a wall by the sink. Then rehang the curtain and the shower curtain. No trim was ever put up or baseboard, and I need to buy some, something thin enough for me not to use a nail gun with, since I don't have one, and someone ok enough not to require a slanted corner cut. Then I'll paint that white, along with everything else.
Put on your free KN95 and use some Kilz😀

Latest posts

Back