What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished our range testing (100% whoot whoot!) and requalified for 45acp and 45 revolver. Just need to do fingerprints tomorrow. And then get all the paperwork with my passport in hand down to the proper office in Albuquerque. I think early settlers would think us nuts if they saw the hoops we have to go through to hide a loaded gun. We went out for pizza, after. Now I'm dead tired. I doubt that I'll make it up to watch Gunsmoke tonight.
Passport?

That sure seems like a lot of grief for a renewal. In Alaska it is new pictures, renewal application, and money. The surgeon was busy so I didn't get my prints changed and my old permit was adequate ID. Then again we are constitutional carry here.

It's 8 hours, some bookwork and some shooting. Two page written test. Hitting the target 18 out of 25 times at two distances (x how ever many guns you qualify with), $44 for the Cogent charge for fingerprints, Then the paperwork to "the office" with either a passport or birth certificate. Then pay the office. This is for our four year renewal. Every two years is just the shooting test. Just the fingerprints left to do today and then turn it in to the office. Almost done.
Hoping to get some much needed housework done today. Also get to the grocery store for specific ingredients for Father's Day meal for husband tomorrow. He wants chocolate cream pies and green chili chicken enchiladas for sure. Need to clean some guns, after shooting yesterday, and also get to the feed store for chicken, turkey, duck feed.

I listed 4 items on eBay and that's it today! Zero energy or ambition.

I think my little dogs are having pollen allergy problems. DH going to try to get a vaporizer from thrift store tomorrow. Once a day (for 2 days so far), I've given them a small piece of benedryl which seems to help. Lots of sniffing snorting and reverse sneezing going on. I checked and our grass pollen is high and so is the height of our grass. Peanut's belly just drags in it. I started wiping her belly, toes, etc. with a damp cloth when she come in. Any other suggestions are welcome! Have a good evening!

I don't know if it is good for them or not, but we use Childrens Benidryle on our dogs, Pills are easier but since I use the liquid and it only comes in liquid in the childrens we use that with a syringe or small cup. Liquid is quicker is why I keep it here at all times in case of alergic reaction.
Hope your pup get better,Snap.

I don't know if it is good for them or not, but we use Childrens Benidryle on our dogs, Pills are easier but since I use the liquid and it only comes in liquid in the childrens we use that with a syringe or small cup. Liquid is quicker is why I keep it here at all times in case of alergic reaction.
Hope your pup get better,Snap.

I have the liquid here for emergencies but am giving the other sniffing dog half a pill in cream cheese. Whatever the doc gave me for Peanut has made a world of difference!

Today, I have to sew a button on a pair of pants for eBay, bathe one small dog, write a couple of drafts for eBay and go to lunch for our 28th wedding anniversary!!! Whoohoo! Doesn't seem like that long at all!!!

We got a quarter inch of rain overnight!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully more today. After today it is supposed to be sunny for at least a week.
We had four elk in the yard this morning. It was fine when they were grazing along the driveway but then they came up behind the house where we have the garden. They kept looking at the garden until I went out on the patio then they slowly walked away. One had a red ear tag, here's a pic of her. I was maybe about 8 feet from her when I took the pic.
elk tag.jpg

We got a quarter inch of rain overnight!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully more today. After today it is supposed to be sunny for at least a week.
We had four elk in the yard this morning. It was fine when they were grazing along the driveway but then they came up behind the house where we have the garden. They kept looking at the garden until I went out on the patio then they slowly walked away. One had a red ear tag, here's a pic of her. I was maybe about 8 feet from her when I took the pic.View attachment 7641

Thats neat,I've never been far enough north to see elk.

We had four elk in the yard this morning. It was fine when they were grazing along the driveway but then they came up behind the house where we have the garden. They kept looking at the garden until I went out on the patio then they slowly walked away. One had a red ear tag, here's a pic of her. I was maybe about 8 feet from her when I took the pic.View attachment 7641

Sounds/looks like a farm escapee.

Going to attempt to mount a TV in my camper, then frisbee with the pooch, maybe a trip to the "beach" on the river. I've worked my "butt" off all week and would really rather do nothing but make a campfire and hang out outside all day drinking beer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to attempt to mount a TV in my camper, then frisbee with the pooch, maybe a trip to the "beach" on the river. I've worked my "butt" off all week and would really rather do nothing but make a campfire and hang out outside all day drinking beer.

Have fun, happy. I may have a beer with ya if I can sit long enough to drink it. Hubby likes a VO and Coke now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope all is good with CT. :huggs:
thanks. I suspect it will show nothing new, just some deterioration from numerous closed head injuries happening anD none of them ever showed on a CT scan before, but one must follow the process

It's Sunday, so church, a nice brunch, and the rest of the day enjoying the Sabbath, a day of rest, thanksgiving, and worship.

Happy Father's Day to all of you wonderful Homesteading/Prepper Dads out there!
Grown children are arriving this afternoon and husband is requesting green chili chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, beans, tortillas, fried egg. Chocolate cream pies for dessert.
Yum! Sounds like a wonderful meal! Happy Father's Day to him!

took 2 cans of fiesta cheese soup n used it for cheese dip for bite size tortilla chips.that the spot with me today

Fiesta cheese ROCKS :)

Not going to the Big Smoke as planned for physio.

Dislocated shoulder early this morning feeding animals and even though it's back in place it just doesn't
feel like it's "right".

There's no way I can subject myself to 2+ hours drive there and then a 2+ hours drive back without pain control.
I refuse to drive medicated.

Latest posts

Back