What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran out for some minor groceries after taking Roo to school. Got the last of the totes needed to finish organizing Roo's closet and room. Now on to Juju's room and closet. Once I am done there I'll be working on both bathrooms. I need to come up with a plan to keep the girls' bathroom tidy. One night and it looks like a hurricane hit it.

Went to the Doc. Main Line Steroids, antihistamines, antibiotics. Burning every cell. Observed and Questioned for 20 Mins, then released. I Guess Satan has a Problem. Must feel real Naked, to realize, that your best and Brightest has survived the seeds of you own destruction. "All Hail The Power Of Jesus Name" "Allow... All... Angels... To, Prostrate FALL". "Bring Forth The Royal Diadem, and Crown Him "LORD OF ALL"".

Brutal day of driving. Almost 3 hrs of snow packed ice, that really slippery snow on top of that. And to top it all off freezing rain. I'm done for the night. Ugh
Be careful Mon!

Went to the Doc. Main Line Steroids, antihistamines, antibiotics. Burning every cell. Observed and Questioned for 20 Mins, then released. I Guess Satan has a Problem. Must feel real Naked, to realize, that your best and Brightest has survived the seeds of you own destruction. "All Hail The Power Of Jesus Name" "Allow... All... Angels... To, Prostrate FALL". "Bring Forth The Royal Diadem, and Crown Him "LORD OF ALL"".

Amen and Amen!
Angel-animated.gif

Ran out for some minor groceries after taking Roo to school. Got the last of the totes needed to finish organizing Roo's closet and room. Now on to Juju's room and closet. Once I am done there I'll be working on both bathrooms. I need to come up with a plan to keep the girls' bathroom tidy. One night and it looks like a hurricane hit it.

Just wait until they are older, they will have even more stuff piled up on cabinets and counters.:)

Just wait until they are older, they will have even more stuff piled up on cabinets and counters.:)

That is why I want to start a system similar to that used in college dorms. A communal bathroom that you bring your needed things into then take when you leave. The only things to 'live' in the bathroom will be toothbrushes, toothpaste, and hand soap. I doubt it will work but I can try.

My day started at 0430. 3 S's.
Breakfast, coffee
Then off to watch grand daughter till 0830 am.
0900 started laundry: washed dried, put away,hung up if needed.
1000 fixed lunch for afternoon shift with grand daughter.
1130 went back to watch grand daughter.
Just getting home from watching grand daughter.
Cleaned the table top off, freezer top,microwave top off.
Wiped down kitchen cabinets,microwave, freezer top.
Strawberry didn't waste any time outside when I got home.
I'm tired so getting off here and going to bed.
And we do this again on Thursday, Friday.
But off tomorrow and Wednesday.

@Amish Heart yes good to have close friends who are preppers and Christians to compare notes with. We don't live close to each other but he quite often travels up our way and drops in. Funny when you talk to others just how many different ways people do things isn't it. He won't store any tinned foods at all just the raw ingredients, but that is his way and we believe in stocking both.

@Flight take care on the roads and have a good nights rest.

Brutal day of driving. Almost 3 hrs of snow packed ice, that really slippery snow on top of that. And to top it all off freezing rain. I'm done for the night. Ugh
That is the worst kind of driving, IMHO. It is a good time to get off the road and rest. I am never as afraid of my own driving as I am of others who haven't figured out how to drive on this stuff. We had some ice this morning, and it is times like that, that I slow way down. I also have some cat litter in my trunk if I get stuck on a slick spot. Sand works as well, but the cat litter is for the cat, and will stay in the trunk until I need it.

I spent yesterday and today deleting photo's off my computer. Got rid of at least 3000. I've spent years taking photo's of medicinal plants. Got a new computer last spring and had to transfer files over. Had a major computer crash a few weeks ago and thousands of back up files got transferred back on. There could be as many as 20k duplicate photos to delete. I started this project in 2016, get all these plant photos organized in a better way. They used to be filed by year and month to help me learn what they look like at different times of the year. I know that now. So I'm re-filing every photo by species... and getting rid of duplicates and poor photos.

I wish I had done a better job of labeling some of these photos. I looked at one tonight, 6 species of vines were in the pic. 3 medicinal, 1 barely medicinal, 1 edible and the 6th was poison ivy. I had no idea why I took the picture, it got deleted.

Last edited:
Do you have the flu, Resto?
No. Flu Tests were Negative a week ago. I picked up a Sinus Infection from the desert. The first rounds of Anti Biotics, steroids with antihistamines were not as effective as hoped. A Headache set in with no Drainage. Bad sign. Doc had to "Main Line", it was almost past a Barrier in front of my Brain. Its happened before, kinda like being a Werewolf(Steroids Suc), but not in 27 years. Doc knows me well. 9 hrs have past and I don't have any blood on me, so I guess its OK now. My Hearing is Back, that's a good thing.

Went back to town for Groceries and Tacos. Yuma has Incredible Tacos. EVERYWHERE. I cant remember how many I ate, but I smell like Tacos. I was thinking about getting permission to get on the Political threads here tonite. Id be in Rare Form, possibly banned for the afterlife. Oh Well. Never Mind.

Started off the morning with picking up 3 cubic metres of cow manure from a transport company near us for $20 and while we were out we withdrew funds for our home emergency kitty too as we are working on increasing that. We spent most of the day amending two garden beds with DH ploughing it in with the rototiller in smaller layers. I swept the kitchen, toilet and bathroom and the veranda to get off the manure trodden up on the veranda and into the house.

This afternoon we picked 3.2kg of cherry tomato from the gardens and we enacted using grey water on the gardens today as it is so dry and DH watered our large 10 x 5 mt vegetable garden bed. We are on permanent water restrictions here and haven't had rain for around a month with temperatures of 34 - 37 oc and the grass is starting to look like straw here.

Reported here a 8.2 magnitude earthquake off Canada and Alaskan coast with a tsunami warning. If those living in those areas haven't seen the news and you are living in a low lying area head to high ground now.

Last edited:
Is this kinda what the interstate looks like?
1516681194852_image.jpg

@Amish Heart & @Sewingcreations15 I had 1 done 14 years ago and it showed 5 bulging discs and arthritis all the way down my spine and since the Chiropractor isn't getting anywhere this time we figured we'd better see what was going on and what can be done about it. I've had so many MRIs done they don't really bother me much anymore,just monontonous.

@Amish Heart & @Sewingcreations15 I had 1 done 14 years ago and it showed 5 bulging discs and arthritis all the way down my spine and since the Chiropractor isn't getting anywhere this time we figured we'd better see what was going on and what can be done about it. I've had so many MRIs done they don't really bother me much anymore,just monontonous.
Prayers they can find you some relief. I have a spur on my spine from arthritis, it's daily pain I live with because I choose not to take pain pills. I'm reading up on some hemp creams now. Good thoughts

Prayers they can find you some relief. I have a spur on my spine from arthritis, it's daily pain I live with because I choose not to take pain pills. I'm reading up on some hemp creams now. Good thoughts
Thanks. I've had back problems since '82 from 1 leg being 1/2" shorter and my spine growing all curvy,I figured something like this would happen sooner or later. It's just a matter of what can be done,I'll take pain pills before surgery though since I'm already on some,what's a few more ;). Prayers for you.

Thanks. I've had back problems since '82 from 1 leg being 1/2" shorter and my spine growing all curvy,I figured something like this would happen sooner or later. It's just a matter of what can be done,I'll take pain pills before surgery though since I'm already on some,what's a few more ;)
don't like surgery either!! eeek!!

Back