What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday was laundry day and cleaning. Will be serving dinner after a funeral today so have a large spoon bread in the oven now. Will go get haircut after serving and then stop at the Dollar Store for DH and home. Bible Study tonight at 6. I've been watching an episode or two of Frasier on Netflix at night to slow me down for sleeping. Love that show! Also MASH and Becker. New comedies just aren't as good to me.

Went and saw Neurology doctor today.
Got MRI results: It's all good.
Got some test results back today:
So we are back to square one as to what is wrong with me.
Monday spent a dab of money maybe $40.
Spent the day with my youngest sister in Kansas City, Mo.
We ate several times, went to the Toy and Miniature Museum, that was interesting.
Picked my paperwork to donate my toys there when I'm done with them.
Putting it in my will.

@snappy1 I agree. I look up online once in a while the "Burns and Allen Show." You know back when humor was funny. It was clean, not sarcastic, not just shock value, it was funny. Oh and the Carol Burnet show once in a while. My hubby had never seen the episode of Tim Conway talking about the Siamese elephants. He laughed so hard!

Went into another town this morning and DH had his physiotherapy session and feels a lot better and not in so much pain.

Then we went to the IGA supermaket to see if they had any specials but sadly none on meat but we did pick up some apples on special for DH. Then off to Woolworths where we did our monthly shop and came out $36 under budget for the month and picked up 3 free grocery samples as I am one of their taste testers.

Back home where DH had a nap and we have relaxed for a while. Shortly we will have nice warm showers, date the groceries and put them away and separate the meat into meal sized portions for the freezer.

Ordered new tires for my truck, went grocery shopping and decided to look around for a used washer for the mtn place since hubby still needs ours to wash his uniforms. No used washers any where around here. No appliance stores here so new ones either.

Had blocks left over from my ditch project...so...now working on prettying up a much smaller ditch in the front yard.

Got the south wall done. Far right end there will be a foot bridge, have the north wall for the bridge foundation to finish. Bridge will lead to a footpath though the woods.

image.jpeg

...Watching my MIL rushing around to water the plants in the back yard before the rain starts:rolleyes:.
It 'must be done' and yes, it's raining now. I think she got finished just in time:great:.
She has that special gift that makes me feel younger and more sane every day:D.

Edit: Fortunately she was able to water before THIS hit:green man:
IMG_3142.JPG

Last edited:
One of the vehicles is in the shop, so it's my stay home day. Peeled pears for a couple of hours. Filled up the dehydrators again, and froze 7 quarts. Tired of pears. The rest are teeny tiny, but there's about 2 buckets full, but they're going to the animals. Getting boxes packed and sealed full of teaching items to go to the Amish school in Kansas. Looks like another half a truckload. Laundry's done and hung, the upstairs bedroom is cleaned and toys put away that granddaughter had out. All her arts and crafts stuff put away. Missing her already.

@snappy1 I agree. I look up online once in a while the "Burns and Allen Show." You know back when humor was funny. It was clean, not sarcastic, not just shock value, it was funny. Oh and the Carol Burnet show once in a while. My hubby had never seen the episode of Tim Conway talking about the Siamese elephants. He laughed so hard!

I forgot about Carol Burnett! Someday will get all of her shows!

...Watching my MIL rushing around to water the plants in the back yard before the rain starts:rolleyes:.
And THIS it why we have to get the plant-watering done fast.
20-minutes later:
IMG_3144.JPG

IMG_3145.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG

You wouldn't want to be out in that trying to water, huh?
NoDeal.gif

Last edited:
Woohoo! Got one of those fancy BMI type scales for $5.30 and an electric blanket--not throw-- for $10 at Dirt Cheap! So rarely go in there as I don't want to take the time to really look, but today was the day. Also got a haircut which was not dirt cheap! LOL

I met with a group of retired LEO's, all guys who retired in the last 10-15 years from my former/current agency, and got some perspective on how they would deal with some issues we are facing. Sometimes the best way to be progressive is to take a look into how things use to be, instead of trying to come up with something new. The words tried & true come to mind.

One of the vehicles is in the shop, so it's my stay home day. Peeled pears for a couple of hours. Filled up the dehydrators again, and froze 7 quarts. Tired of pears. The rest are teeny tiny, but there's about 2 buckets full, but they're going to the animals. Getting boxes packed and sealed full of teaching items to go to the Amish school in Kansas. Looks like another half a truckload. Laundry's done and hung, the upstairs bedroom is cleaned and toys put away that granddaughter had out. All her arts and crafts stuff put away. Missing her already.
Amish you could juice the little pears - spiced like apple cider ain't half bad ;)
I apologize for my bitch session last night. Several folks on here has so much more serious stuff going on, makes me feel horrible I complain about anything.
We all have those moments. I actually thought it was kinda interesting. A totally outside perspective, when life gets right there, ask yourself "In ten years, will this point matter to the extent I am stressing?" Usually that puts a little different perspective on it. Hope today was better.
@Sentry18 I agree. I say look to the past for answers to the future. We would be a lot better off if more folks did so.
I was on the job site all day today. Came home tired and filthy. Shower was a welcome reprieve.

Back