What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laid 6" Storm pipe and tied in the 4" pipe from a front gutter down spout. 8 tons of shredded top soil delvered Friday afternoon. This evening finished back filling. Monday I'll level a bit, seed with grass and water. Then build the foot bridge.

View attachment 23470 View attachment 23471

Yesterday backfilling touch up, final contours, raked in the grass seed and watered. Today, design, cut, assemble and put in place the foot bridge. Project is done as far as I'm concerned.

image3.jpg image2.jpg image1.jpg

Had the grand daughter again today.
She's tooting and pooting from eating all those apples yesterday.
She had a good breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs, 2 slices of bacon, glass of orange juice, glass of milk before noon.
More like 0830 hours.
Then later she ate a good lunch too.
Again at lunch time not 2 or 3 pm.
She got 4 green stars today on her calender for making it to the potty in time.
1 silver star for actually doing something in the potty.
1 gold star for telling Granny, making it to potty, doing something in the potty all at the same time.
She got a sticker for all of the above.
She plastered the sticker on her forehead.
Granny left it there.
Might have her again tomorrow.
And wonders of wonders her mom paid for sitting today.
That's a first too.
So I have cold hard cash for date night tonight.
Got to pick up my rider tonight too.
But the house is put back together from Grand daughter's visit.
Just got dishes to do later.

Still feeling very rough. Went to Dr after lunch, and he treated me for pneumonia. Said right lung was very congested, left lung clear. Gave me an Elbuteral inhaler and a ZPack. Gonna take tomorrow off from work again and just stay here and rest. I don't want this dragging on. Knock it out and get it over with.

Just when I thought I’d seen everything…

Late this afternoon I drove to the big town. For about 30 minutes there was the most incredible lighting display I’ve seen in years… Just as I drove into the outskirts there was a huge bolt of lighting that split into 4 parts…

There is a radio station I can only get near the big town and I always listen to it.

Just as the huge bolt of lighting struck there was a few milliseconds of static in the middle of a song… then silence on the radio.

It was an hour and 20 minutes before the radio station began broadcasting again.

Now, I don’t know if the lighting hit the station or the tower or just knocked out the power in that area…

But… seems an awfully big coincidence… :dunno:

How often do you see the lighting bolt that takes out a radio station?

Packing and getting things ship-shape here because tomorrow we are leaving for Colorado again. One of our kids needs some additional free manual labor at his place.

The elk have started bugling here and I listened to them this morning while drinking my coffee.

I was sitting outside listening to them earlier. So peaceful.

@LadyLocust thank you the pain is lessened considerably and my face is peeling all over the place and the moisturiser is helping a great deal to loosen the skin and scabs a lot. DH has certainly come a long way from where he was.

@Meerkat just so you know it is not recommended to put any moisturiser/sunscreen on when you are treating cancers with Efudix in the instruction manual and you can only use it after finishing treatment. Just consult your instruction manual because that is what mine says. Good to hear you are bringing your treatment forward because the sooner you have them treated the sooner they will be gone.

@The Lazy L great job and looks fantastic.

Dishes, cleaning up after grand daughter
Dusting floors really good.
Hopefully a hot cup of coffee is in my future today.
Don't really get hot coffee when grand daughter and Strawberry are together for very many days.
A really long nap would be good too.
Loved the look at your place Lazy L.
Backpacker, glad you went to the doctor sooner than later.
Amish Heart, glad you had good visit at farm.
Everybody have wonder day.
This granny is tired today.
Unfornaturely Strawberry is full of P&V.

Slow day. Usually I work on a major home project till lunch, cool down and minor projects (and a few naps) in the afternoon. Smaller projects after supper.

This morning I'm driving into town. Post Office to weight for postage letter to the Feds. Wife is self employed and is the only employee. From what I understand she files taxes quarterly and isn't required to file a W2. Feds are running about 5 years behind and are confused because they can't find a W2 for 2014. I sent them a letter referencing their regulations and we didn't receive a reply to the letter, just another demand for a W2. So I went online, found a W2 for 2014 and filled it out. Mailing it to them today along with a copy of their most recent letter.

Noon I will be getting some of my gray highlights taken out (haircut) before heading home. Another hot day is forecast so I'll do some heaving thinking (nap) during the hot part of the day before finishing relocating the left over top soil from the front yard project. After supper work on cleaning brass for future reloading.

Tempted (after the hair cut and while I have the truck out) to drive an hour to another town where I buy powder and primers for reloading. Running low on small pistol primers and on H-335 rifle powder. There is a Dairy Queen on the way (ice cream!)...and perhaps they will have the new Mossberg MC1sc in stock...

Yesterday, I voted in run-off, bought yearly tag for car, went to thrifts-nothing new there-, looked for new LED appliance bulb for fridge as regular appliance bulb doesn't seem to work. The LED bulb with correct numbers is 37.00 on eBay and it didn't even last a year. Yikes! Came home and staked up another okra plant- tree-, cut okra, brought old room mates chair up from shed to put in living room. I wanted a chair big enough for me and dogs to sit in at the same time.

Today, went through local grocery flyers for sales, took eBay photos, will give Peanut a bath in a bit and wash dog blankets, have a going away party for youth minister at Church tonight.

Still feeling very rough. Went to Dr after lunch, and he treated me for pneumonia. Said right lung was very congested, left lung clear. Gave me an Elbuteral inhaler and a ZPack. Gonna take tomorrow off from work again and just stay here and rest. I don't want this dragging on. Knock it out and get it over with.

BacP. hope you get well soon.

Made a wrong turn on the way home. Took me almost an hour to realize it so while I was this close I stopped at one of my favorite guns shops. Bought primers and powder. They didn't have the Mossberg MC1sc in stock. Saved me some money. They could order the Truglo model, 2 weeks and my cost would be $449. I passed.

Well I survived another night. LOL Feeling a little better today I think. Sides and stomach are killing me from coughing so much. But I'm certainly breathing better and congestion has started to break up some.
Thanks to all for the thoughts, prayers, & well wishes. You folks are AWESOME!!!!!!!

I spent my morning getting the paint sprayer, paint and associated do-dads to go with it. Then I spent the early afternoon prepping the shaded sides of the house for paint prep. I am going to paint the trim first and when that dries I will tape and cover with plastic sheets and spray the rest of the house. After it dries I get to put all the stuff I pulled off back on. I don't know how long it will take but it has to be done.

I spent my morning getting the paint sprayer, paint and associated do-dads to go with it. Then I spent the early afternoon prepping the shaded sides of the house for paint prep. I am going to paint the trim first and when that dries I will tape and cover with plastic sheets and spray the rest of the house. After it dries I get to put all the stuff I pulled off back on. I don't know how long it will take but it has to be done.
Very brave of you to take on this endeavor.
You do realize you are cheating several illegal aliens out of a job, right?
I'm pretty sure San Francisco will send you a warning letter:rolleyes:.
:sarcasm:

Last edited:
I got a quote from one of the local painters... $6600 for the house, garage and shop. It cost me less than $1000 for the sprayer, paint and accessories. Even if it takes me a week to do the job that is still better than $6600. Two colors, white trim and blue body paint - roughly 12 gallons per coat. He wanted to put two coats on but if I didn't want the warranty he would use one coat and that would save me $1000. That means I was paying him $84 per gallon. I only paid $35 per gallon for PPG guaranteed to cover in one coat. He is making at least 125% markup on the paint (and he gets it cheaper than I can). Now I understand that a business has to make a profit but most businesses use a 50% markup to make a decent profit. I know because that is how I ran my last business. I would much rather have paid someone to do the job but at that price I will do it myself. By doing that I saved over $5600 and I have a sprayer that my son can borrow when he needs to do his place.

Wow! your own Costco. Are you going to let your friends ad neighbors in too? ;)

Well I survived another night. LOL Feeling a little better today I think. Sides and stomach are killing me from coughing so much. But I'm certainly breathing better and congestion has started to break up some.
Thanks to all for the thoughts, prayers, & well wishes. You folks are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Good hope you keep gettign better fast.

Well, I decided to venture out today, I told the wife , if I don't get outside and do something, I'm gonna go totally nuts.

So I walked out to the shed , got the golf cart and went to the pear trees and picked all the low hanging pears to give away. Tried one , wow , sweet ,juicy ,good so I had another.

Then got the tractor out and went over and graded the driveway for the rental house. That 3" rain the other day washed it out badly.

First time out , other than going out to eat .

Tired but feel better.
The knee is complaining a bit.

Jim

Well, I decided to venture out today, I told the wife , if I don't get outside and do something, I'm gonna go totally nuts.

So I walked out to the shed , got the golf cart and went to the pear trees and picked all the low hanging pears to give away. Tried one , wow , sweet ,juicy ,good so I had another.

Then got the tractor out and went over and graded the driveway for the rental house. That 3" rain the other day washed it out badly.

First time out , other than going out to eat .

Tired but feel better.
The knee is complaining a bit.

Jim

:green man:I hear its when we don't feel like doing anything is when we benefit the most from doing it anyway. And usually feel tired but better.
In some cases of course.Not all.:thumbs:

Latest posts

Back