What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Spikedriver what is a "satan horse statue" and why is it at the airport?
It's this thing...
Screenshot_20200318-012114.png

I'm still wondering why they built the Denver Airport in Nebraska... 🤪

I know that feeling... there were a couple of years I spent about 270-300 days on the road each year... I was sick of all of it... but especially airports. There were days I woke up wondering what city I was in. I was totally burned out.

It was an incredible relief when I stepped down. I took a pay cut too and it was worth every cent to spend most of my nights at home.

Dang @Peanut , we could be brothers from different Mama's.
I also got burned out.

Sometimes 7 states in one week.

When I retired in 2001, I swore I'd never fly again , and I haven't.

Made good money, but had no life.
Wife and kids were a brief treat occasionally.

Rain , rain ,rain again.
No matter , we are in day 7 of self isolated.
I live 3 miles from our court house on the square..that CV19 case was in there last week, it's now quarantined.

He brought it from out of state.
See ....stay home

This too shall pass...

Jim

I'll be headed out in a bit. I need groceries. I stopped at a gas station on the way home from the airport last night and wonder of wonders, they had toilet paper. So I grabbed some. They didn't have meat though, so off I go to the store...

Our governor just declared a public health emergency so now restaurants, bars, churches, fitness centers, etc are all closed. That basically kills anything I want to do on my days off. Can't even go to the park because it's cold and rainy. :mad:

Oregon Gov. K Brown declared No rent to be paid due to hardships of CV19. Wonder if she will also say No mortgages to be paid? How will landlords make their payments if no rent is coming in? I am at work today just like normal. We do have some beautiful rain this morning. And regardless of reasons, I love seeing the sky with no contrails in it.

Oregon Gov. K Brown declared No rent to be paid due to hardships of CV19. Wonder if she will also say No mortgages to be paid? How will landlords make their payments if no rent is coming in? I am at work today just like normal. We do have some beautiful rain this morning. And regardless of reasons, I love seeing the sky with no contrails in it.

We have lots of sun very dry air but like you no chemtrails yet that I can see anyway.

But Pollen is really bad here,
https://www.news4jax.com/weather/
1584554899276.png

Last edited:
Went to Kroger this morning for sales. It was busy but they were the only store out of three local grocery to have an ad. Bet the other two are kicking themselves! Folks actually seemed in a better mood and less stressed today than in the past 2 weeks that I have noticed.

Came home and took a walk--little warm. Cut up the old potatoes for starts. Sometimes I can take a five minute job and put it off for days! Not sure why.

Next to plant a sprouted onion and hang dark sheet material in the shed windows. Already measured and there are nails in place so just need to cut sheet and hang.

Did some laundry
Made peanut butter cookies
Did the dishes from my breakfast and lunch
Annoyed the dogs for a while lol
Have supper figured out

Smells like Spring now since the neighbor is manuring his fields lol

We have our first confirmed case of the wuhan now in WV. Makes no changes to our life. Just need to be even more conscious of other people looking sick

Martins/Giant stores in the area are opening at 6 am and seniors ( age 60 and over) get the first hour to shop 6am-7am. Have to remember that for next week lol

Hospital where hubby works has the triage tent up in the front of the place now. Hubby was saying he had to order outside sinks for there and other things which I forget now. After calling the hotline you can come by and they'll test you apparently

Last night was the first night I've slept well since the time change and of course I was woken up by a leg cramp ( from hell ugh) at 3:45am

Did some laundry
Have supper figured out

We have our first confirmed case of the wuhan now in WV. Makes no changes to our life. Just need to be even more conscious of other people looking sick

Martins/Giant stores in the area are opening at 6 am and seniors ( age 60 and over) get the first hour to shop 6am-7am. Have to remember that for next week lol

Hospital where hubby works has the triage tent up in the front of the place now. Hubby was saying he had to order outside sinks for there and other things which I forget now. After calling the hotline you can come by and they'll test you apparently

Last night was the first night I've slept well since the time change and of course I was woken up by a leg cramp ( from hell ugh) at 3:45am
PB cookies are my favorite - well also speculas and rishquilas but I reeeeealllyyy like PB :ghostly:

This thing with CV 19 could be ended quickly... If there was NO contact between people.

That guy that has it in my town...visited sheriffs office, and our dry cleaners..guess what...yep , now we have a few more cases in my town.

Ok, today I'm just sitting by in the house, eating, playing with a few guns, helping out with house keeping.

Oh yeah, watching it rain.

Oh yeah, not catching that virus.

Jim

Completed my U. S. Census 2020 online. Took all of 5 minutes. How many lived at our address, phone number (which I didn't provide), Birth dates and race.

Measured the back side of the laundry room closet door for a hanging FIFO canned food storage. Watch a few YouTubes on the subject for ideas. Wife said she only buys what she plans on using for the next meal. I suggested she buy quantity, when on sale. Save money, flu going around and government wanting everyone to stay home, two weeks of food on hand could be a good idea. She seamed more receptive then she has been in the pass. I'm not counting the MREs I have in inventory as part of the two weeks. :)

Wife's customers have been calling to cancel. Today makes 2 full days she hasn't worked. Today she baked some oatmeal raisin cookies. I manage to redirect two cookies without her knowledge.

Last edited:
I'm modifying my Serpa Blackhawk leg holster to accommodate a different handgun. I took off the Beretta holster and put my SAR holster on, I just had to enlarge one hole and drill a second. Now it works for 2 handguns. It was way easier than I thought, lol.

During practice the other day the handgun was in interference with my BDU shirt, can't have that.

Did some laundry
Have supper figured out

VWDranonL, we don't like time change either. I think setting up medical tents like China did is a good idea ,here in Florida they already started.

Came home early from work. Really slow day and we already had extra personnel on so I took advantage of the situation. Arrived home to find 3 girls in my house baking chocolate chip cookies (again!). Apparently they are now mass producing cookies for themselves, people in our neighborhood, and one of the local nursing homes. Three one gallon zip lock bags worth so far. Which is very nice of them, but is starting to kill me. Our house smells like a bakery.

Now I have to run a temporary Cat-5 cable into our basement office (which has since become the "homework room"). My wife is convinced she will be working from home starting "very soon" and she has a VOIP based office phone. Everything else she needs can run off of WiFi. This is going to be interesting. I wonder if our children will survive having Mom home but not being able to go see her every 5 minutes.

Just got my federally approved letter, enabling me to cross any quarantine line as a railroad employee. Other employers are shutting everything down. Railroaders are like, "We ride at dawn, b*****s!!!"

I could use a little quarantine vacation. I found a 48 pack of buttwipe at the Dollar General so I'm officially panic free and ready for anything!!! ;)

Just got my federally approved letter, enabling me to cross any quarantine line as a railroad employee. Other employers are shutting everything down. Railroaders are like, "We ride at dawn, b*****s!!!"

I could use a little quarantine vacation. I found a 48 pack of buttwipe at the Dollar General so I'm officially panic free and ready for anything!!! ;)
You seem a little down since you hurt your leg. Is your gym still open? You could do an upper body workout??? But I do know what you mean about needing some quarantine time. Maybe Denver put the fear of horse in you! 😂 I agree - way creepy.

Day before yesterday we topped up all of the garden beds and planted turnips, potatoes, snow peas, green beans so we have lovely vegetables going forward in this panic.

Yesterday we went and mowed one of DH's gardening clients lawns so it is all done before his operation. We had planned to do a few things but it took longer than expected and we just came home. When we got home we put on 2 loads of washing in the washing machine and hung it on the line and then washed the dishes and cleaned the benches.

Today our plans are to mow the lawns here so they are done and then later this afternoon do a little top up shopping on items we have used. With purchase restrictions DH and I will separately shop in the one shop to get what we need mainly for flour. Just about to put on a loaf of bread in our new bread making machine we purchased as our last one died a natural death.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes for DH tomorrow and I will be on sporadically whilst looking after him but will pop in to let you know how he is going :) .

Now I have to run a temporary Cat-5 cable into our basement office (which has since become the "homework room"). My wife is convinced she will be working from home starting "very soon" and she has a VOIP based office phone. Everything else she needs can run off of WiFi. This is going to be interesting. I wonder if our children will survive having Mom home but not being able to go see her every 5 minutes.

So that was all for naught. Wife's employer provided her with an unlimited Verizon 4GLTE Router/Hub so now our dining room is her home office until further notice and the homework room will remain where children go to be home-schooled during their 2-4 weeks long hiatus from school. It also means we will be either eating in shifts or half at one table and half at the other. It's weird having the kids home with no activities going on, but I will admit I like it. They have spending a lot more time playing together than than usually do, which is also awesome.

Prayers for your husband, Sewing!!
Spoke with one of my former employees, a widow. She's 76 and has breathing issues. Staying at home. She will take an inventory of what she has in the cupboard, fridge, and freezer, and let me know. We will drop food off at her door for a while. Ex daughter in law picked up 3 dz eggs. I leave them on the bench on the porch. Another former employee picking up 4 dozen in a while. They are on the porch waiting. Just got the craziest robocall from our school district, letting us know that they are opening a few schools for child care for all ages, first come, first serve. That are asking for a world of hurt. You'd have to be nuts to take advantage of that. 5 more cases, 2 in our county today, and one is a teen girl. Would like to know what school she went to. Finished our 1000 pc puzzle, kids finished reading, writing, math, and the twins studied their Spanish and French online. Husband working from home so we tried not to bug him.

You seem a little down since you hurt your leg. Is your gym still open? You could do an upper body workout??? But I do know what you mean about needing some quarantine time. Maybe Denver put the fear of horse in you! 😂 I agree - way creepy.

Oh, I'm fine. All gyms are closed by the governer's decree. I can still walk though, and I just did a bit of walking/hiking at a state park. I'm just a little upset that it's my daughter's spring break and everything is closed. I was hoping to spend some time doing certain things with her. But, no movies, no botanical gardens, no zoo, etc. We'll find other things to do. And yes, I can still do limited workouts at home. I just don't have much for weights...

Laundry is done partially.
It's washed and dried, just not put away.
Local SA was having a sale today.
Picked up 6 pairs of jeans, capris, blouse for $2.50 for all.
Business is slow, so they ere having 50% off clothing including boutique.
10% off belts, luggage,knick knacks, dishes.
25% off toys, books.
Having leftover soup for supper, well at least what's left of it.
Ran to Wal*Mart for my dad to drop off his prescription bottles for refilling.
Got 3-4 pound whole chicken baking in the oven for tomorrow's meals.

Laundry is done partially.
It's washed and dried, just not put away.
Local SA was having a sale today.
Picked up 6 pairs of jeans, capris, blouse for $2.50 for all.
Business is slow, so they ere having 50% off clothing including boutique.
10% off belts, luggage,knick knacks, dishes.
25% off toys, books.
Having leftover soup for supper, well at least what's left of it.
Ran to Wal*Mart for my dad to drop off his prescription bottles for refilling.
Got 3-4 pound whole chicken baking in the oven for tomorrow's meals.

MoBook we can find some good deals in those places . :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back