What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weedy your having a busy one, huh? It is a beautiful day here and good for working. It will be 85 here in a few days. But still could have a freeze. Thats n.Florida for you.
Yes, there is much to do. The weather woman is talking about rain turning into snow starting in the next day or so. I wanted to get as much done as possible, but there will be more to do after the storm passes. I am focusing on the front of my property this weekend. I am probably not going to be all done before the storm. I have filled the trash can 14 times so far. I am closing in on being done with the front, but have at least one more load to go.

Some guy was going by and decided to ask me if I was looking for help. "No" Then he wanted to know why and if it was pride? I didn't say anything, but he aggravated me, so I got more done. Sometimes people are ignorant.

Yes, there is much to do. The weather woman is talking about rain turning into snow starting in the next day or so. I wanted to get as much done as possible, but there will be more to do after the storm passes. I am focusing on the front of my property this weekend. I am probably not going to be all done before the storm. I have filled the trash can 14 times so far. I am closing in on being done with the front, but have at least one more load to go.

Some guy was going by and decided to ask me if I was looking for help. "No" Then he wanted to know why and if it was pride? I didn't say anything, but he aggravated me, so I got more done. Sometimes people are ignorant.

Weedy I hope the weather gets better. And getting us women mad can really get some work done alright.;) You just reminded me I have a load of clothe to dry.:)

Weedy I hope the weather gets better. And getting us women mad can really get some work done alright.;) You just reminded me I have a load of clothe to dry.:)
I got laundry to do.

Friend called and wanted to "Borrow" some money. He knows I wont let him pay me back, so he says, "You Want An UZI"? I say, "Yeah, If It Makes You Feel Better". He hands me This. Its Legit. Not Stolen. IWI 22 Lr, Semi. WTH am I gonna do with a 22 UZI? I feel Like a Slimy Pawn Shop.
DSCN0074.JPG

Friend called and wanted to "Borrow" some money. He knows I wont let him pay me back, so he says, "You Want An UZI"? I say, "Yeah, If It Makes You Feel Better". He hands me This. Its Legit. Not Stolen. IWI 22 Lr, Semi. WTH am I gonna do with a 22 UZI? I feel Like a Slimy Pawn Shop.View attachment 5657
if it makes you feel better you can give it to me

We are having buttered cornbread and beans too. Along with big chunk of onion and buttered rice.

So far cooking and boat ,watering greenhouse plants later today will make the fruit cakes. So far about $70 worth of fruit, nuts and brandy. Will have another $20 or more in eggs and butter.
Did yall know you could actually live off a fruit cake? Has all nutruits you need.

Haha! I'd be willing to give it a try! After a week I wouldn't be able to roll through the front door.
1516711333051_image.jpg

My daughter in red taking on 2 playersView attachment 5610
Well forgot to update yesterday
Sorry about that. They won all 4 games so they were invited to come to the next tournament in April for Provincials qualifications.

Drove to the next town to see what was going on at Toys R Us.
As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed the "Going out of Business" sign hanging on the building.
Yes, a SALE!
:woo hoo:
Yep, I was so ready to raid the Legos!
My disappointment came when I noticed Legos were only 10% off, and more than half were already gone!
Well, durn!
:cry: LOL

I was wondering about that. I guess I won't be in any hurry to get to our local Toys R Us.
Stayed up way too late with family last night. So now up early to get ready to go to a "coffee break" at my cousin's house. It involves junk food and cheese curls. And coffee. Mother in law and sister in law called yesterday to ask if we were serious that he don't have a tv here, and slow internet service. They'll be arriving tonight, will need to get them from the airport later.

Yesterday we went to a gardening "seminar" , really more of a "show and tell " , so today we will try out some of our newly gained knowledge.
Trip to my dentist to get my new bridge put in. Maybe a little laundry to get ready for my work say tomorrow. This is my last official week to be in my ortho boot before I can put shoes on again and start going back to the gym.

Started off the morning with DH washing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen benches and I wiped them and put them away. I then had a friend come and visit with her 3 year old twins so that was a bit of an experience little lad wanted to empty out the fireplace with the shovel on the lounge room carpet, lil girl thought it was unfair that her container with biscuits didn't have writing on it like her brothers :D . Children are so literal and when I explained her biscuit container had food in it like her brothers previously did she felt better and was quite happy.

As a diversion to little bloke trying to empty the fireplace and try out the butane lighters near the fireplace I decided to take them outside to help me pick cucumbers and put them in the bucket for me and both children were really good as they help mum at home in the garden. Mum and I had a good time and had to extract the fireplace brush off little bloke before he got into the car with it. They are gorgeous at that age :) .

While my friend was visiting DH went and got another 3 cubic metres of cow manure to amend 2 garden beds and started shovelling it onto the garden beds and when my friend left I helped him with the rest. DH did one ploughing on both beds and we have another layer on top ready to be ploughed into the beds tomorrow.

Tonight we decided to make a large chicken, mushroom and corn pie which we have had half of between the two of us for tea tonight.

I got my rental car, and headed down the road 1250 miles tomorrow morning to go visit Austin in Austin. I love saying that!

Have a safe trip.

Cleaned out brooder for new chics, cleaned out containers peeps are in and cooking. Looked at chicken pens and the storms last year did a number on them but not too bad, so have to repairs to do on those in next few months.

Walked the dog to the hardware store to get a replacement plug end for my table saw cord, one of the ends broke off ... and no I didn’t cut it ... this time. Will repair the sawthe finishing cutting the bits for the potting table. I do t know if you can call it a potting table really, it’s an eight foot long narrow table to sit under the window and hold bending plants, not exactly a master craftsman project. Then to pick up some dead fall branches last night's wind decided to distribution the property.

DH survived cardio appt. this morning. Mostly made appts. for stress tests and sonogram of heart next Tuesday. Hurry up and wait! Took the blasted eBay photos finally and listed items. Stopped at a grocery store on the way home this morning. Hope to not do anything else today! Except chores, of course.

By "looking for help" did he want you to hire him? That would have kind of creeped me out if he pressed you as to why you didn't want his "help", if he is a stranger I would wonder if he was casing the place (i.e. he wanted to know if you lived alone and had no one to help you).

Where I live folks are super friendly and the men always offer help if a woman appears to need it BUT that is different than stopping in front of someone's home and then questioning them if they decline.

Latest posts

Back