What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night my laptop just crashed,won't do anything. So I got out the brand new one I've had in storage for a couple of years in case that happened and I'm still in the process of getting everything in it. I also had my yearly checkup with the Neurologist which is an hour and a half away. It started snowing again on the way home . We got about 6 or 7 inches a few days ago and when I went out to put the plow on the ATV the battery was dead on it. Between that,the 2 trucks having problems,the water softener acting up and the breeze way ceiling starting to fall down,I haven't had a very good last couple of months.

Ok, some of you know, I left work for a possible heart problem a couple days ago. It ended up being non cardiac - my heart is fine, and I'm thankful for that. However, even though the doctor signed off on me returning to work with no restrictions, my employer is no allowing me to go back to work. I have to provide them with all the documentation of my trip to the hospital and they have to review it. Even though the hospital says I'm good to go, the company has discretion to do whatever they want. So I might be in a fight for my job. The company won't even return my calls.

So I'm stuck in a hotel, 1600 miles from home, and my boss has told me he has been instructed not to even allow me on company property until I'm cleared to return. My stress level is through the roof. I'm getting the union involved, and it looks like it's time to settle in for a fight...

Thats not right hope things get better for you Spike and the union makes them do whats right.

Found a trainer for the kids dog in Santa Fe that doesn't cost a fortune. We have go take her in for an evaluation then they will help us train her for the things we haven't been able to. Well, as long as she passes their evaluation... We will have to drive to Santa Fe once a week but if it makes the dog work better for the kid its will be worth it.

They can train one of their dogs for her but there is a 4yr waiting list, and its almost $8,000!
@Terri9630 it will be worth it. My ex is picking up her service dog right now. That dog was bred for service and was over $2000 just for the dog, without training. But after training, the capability of the dog and the peace of mind it will provide, might be well beyond the dollar cost. I really hope this works out for you!

Today the temperature is going to get into the 40s with some rain, now is that time of year when things start to swing wildly between winter and spring... Short day today followed by pre-garden work to start setting thing up. Can hardly wait till the weather lets us get out a bit and enjoy the freedom it give us...

You and me, both, Urban. This weekend we should be hit with snow, and a low of 7 degrees during the week. Too cold to be out in the 20's during the day. I'm dreaming of spring.
A doc appt for husband today, actually it's a dietician at the hospital, and he is doing ok with his diet so just getting new ideas and inspiration. The twins have band for the basketball game tonight, so we'll drop them off at the HS this evening and get pizzas to take to my favorite cousins for dinner tonight.

Strawberry has been outside.
Dishes done
Clothes put washed, dried and put away yesterday.
Making up the bed in clean bed linens this morning.
That should count as cardio.
Need to go to Neurologist website see how my little buddy is doing on the game.
His grand father who is my second cousin had reaction to vaccine is in the hospital.
My left arm is already numb this morning.
But I muddled through the exercises for it.
Terri,
I did the exercises you posted.
I don't get as dizzy as I was when I got up to fast.
Squirrel Hunter, nice to see you.
Sorry about the trouble you're having too.
Off to walk some more.
Got to cook today.
Just about out of dibs and dabs of leftovers.
Finished hemming those pants for the cranky old man.
Got a new receipe I want to try, but got to go get beer first for it.
Weather is being squirrel-ly, more so than normal.

Good morning everybody.

@Spikedriver , don't let this get you all flustered and get really sick over it. It will get straightened out.
Just have the hospital send over YOUR records to the people that want to see them.
You will have to sign a waiver for them to release them to anyone other than yourself.
I hate that your dealing with it.
Keep us posted my friend.
We will be praying that it gets cleared up quickly

We are so relieved that we have pre-op and surgery dates.

Today we rest much better.

Everybody be safe today.

Jim

Good morning everybody.

@Spikedriver , don't let this get you all flustered and get really sick over it. It will get straightened out.
Just have the hospital send over YOUR records to the people that want to see them.
You will have to sign a waiver for them to release them to anyone other than yourself.
I hate that your dealing with it.
Keep us posted my friend.
We will be praying that it gets cleared up quickly

We are so relieved that we have pre-op and surgery dates.

Today we rest much better.

Everybody be safe today.

Jim
Already done, Jim. Now I have to play the waiting game. My union rep said it could be just a few days, or it could be months. The company tends to not be employee friendly...

Strawberry has been outside.
Dishes done
Clothes put washed, dried and put away yesterday.
Making up the bed in clean bed linens this morning.
That should count as cardio.
Need to go to Neurologist website see how my little buddy is doing on the game.
His grand father who is my second cousin had reaction to vaccine is in the hospital.
My left arm is already numb this morning.
But I muddled through the exercises for it.
Terri,
I did the exercises you posted.
I don't get as dizzy as I was when I got up to fast.
Squirrel Hunter, nice to see you.
Sorry about the trouble you're having too.
Off to walk some more.
Got to cook today.
Just about out of dibs and dabs of leftovers.
Finished hemming those pants for the cranky old man.
Got a new receipe I want to try, but got to go get beer first for it.
Weather is being squirrel-ly, more so than normal.

Hope the arm gets better with the exercise my knee is coming along with the stretch band.

I made beer batter oinion rings many times just not lately .Got the idea from a restaurant in Atlanta 40 yr ago. It had hot dogs stramed i nbeer and so I decided to try onion rings in beer batter in place of water.

Last night my laptop just crashed,won't do anything. So I got out the brand new one I've had in storage for a couple of years in case that happened and I'm still in the process of getting everything in it. I also had my yearly checkup with the Neurologist which is an hour and a half away. It started snowing again on the way home . We got about 6 or 7 inches a few days ago and when I went out to put the plow on the ATV the battery was dead on it. Between that,the 2 trucks having problems,the water softener acting up and the breeze way ceiling starting to fall down,I haven't had a very good last couple of months.
The screen on my laptop has gone bad. It comes in and out. The laptop is about 4 years old, so more than ready to be replaced. I have replaced it recently and it is the log in information that has given me some challenges.

You have to stay in a hotel for months, Spike? Where are you again?
Did the dietician appt with husband, he's right on track, even with his blood sugar. Just smaller portions. She's a nice lady. Getting ready to go feed the plants in the greenhouse, then pick up little granddaughter from school. A family dinner at my cousin's house tonight.

Fiddled with comms this morning.
Scraped some ice and packed snow of the concrete drive and sidewalk.
Fixed a sandwich for lunch, washed down with a glass of well water.
Sun was cooperating so I scraped more ice off the driveway and sidewalk. Most of it is now bare.
Took a "look see" around the house, shop and chicken coop. Looking for signs that shouldn't be here. None.

The screen on my laptop has gone bad. It comes in and out. The laptop is about 4 years old, so more than ready to be replaced. I have replaced it recently and it is the log in information that has given me some challenges.
Mine was about 3 years old,I won't be getting anymore Lernovo laptops,I understand about the log in information,that's 1 thing this 1 is doing to me too. Plus it's too sensitive in the keys and cursor, I'm constantly having to go back and change stuff that it messed up. I hope it calms down in time.

You have to stay in a hotel for months, Spike? Where are you again?
Did the dietician appt with husband, he's right on track, even with his blood sugar. Just smaller portions. She's a nice lady. Getting ready to go feed the plants in the greenhouse, then pick up little granddaughter from school. A family dinner at my cousin's house tonight.
No, I'll go home for my regularly scheduled days off. I haven't figured out yet if I'll need to return to Arizona for my scheduled work days. I might have to be here just in case UP approves me to return to work. Or, I might be able to stay home until that happens. Like I said before, I'm in limbo...

Spike, glad it wasn't cardiac but still sucks that you're in limbo.

Got up early & took my friend to the dentist and got my complete scan. Bunch of x-rays thorough exam of dentist sticking a tool under my gums. I need a good cleaning, some resin, some fillings, etc. They said it would be 3 appointments and first one will be nearly $800 bc I need a tooth fixed (it chipped) & filing to keep stuff from getting stuck between the teeth. I regret not having taken better care of my teeth.

Friend had a worse time. They weren't able to pull his teeth. They started pulling one but he felt it and made a noise. They gave him more numbing, waited, but it wouldn't go numb. They referred him to an oral surgeon. Didn't charge for him though bc they couldn't get the teeth out. His sinus cavity, nose, lips, and tongue went numb, but not his gums.

Went to Tractor Supply for cow feed. Ran into another friend I hadn't seen in a long time. He bought a house & is fixing it up. It was good to see him. Teased our unlucky friend saying he was like the broom for sale "all purpose and gets pushed around". We were all walking around talking about how tool stores are like toy stores for adults. Well, he said for adult males. I said that it wasn't just men bc I considered tool shopping to be like toy shopping. He joked that I'm basically a male. LOL. I've always been a tomboy.

Cows enjoyed their food. Big fat red cow didn't want to wait for me to cut the bag open. She tried to break it with her horns but it didn't work. Then she slobbered all over the bag. Eventually I got her to back off long enough for me to cut it open.

Currently snuggled up with my cats. Predicate has his face up against mine because it's cold. Boo is on my pillow. Rupert is on my lap. Ginger and Biscuits are on my blankets.

It's supposed to get down to 15 next Friday (I don't think it's been below 20 here in decades) and it's supposed to snow. Gonna have to figure out how to insulate stuff so it doesn't freeze. Wish the barn wasn't so busted up so the cows could go inside. I really need to get some sort of warm shelter set up for them. They might actually go into the barn and huddle up. I need to get some stall mats for them.

Worked on the jobs today, met with folks I’m selling homes to. Jake got out of school early today so I picked him up and we went trout fishing. It was crappy fishing this afternoon and the boy put the skunk on me with one tiny rainbow. We are going back in the morning hope the bite is better tomorrow.
BB4379D7-E98D-4849-96AC-7145FE38E0AF.png

Today turned out to be a really nice day out. Because it was so warm I decided to take the wife out for a drive, it's funny how we both like old farm-houses and barns, driving past fields and woods was really nice, but by the time I got home she was too tired to fix her dinner. I harvested lettuce, spinach, and some green beans from the garden. Then I fixed her a nice salad and some baked fish for dinner. We were discussing how just over 2 months ago I started this indoor garden thing and I now have cucumbers, green beans, sugar peas inside and I have salad both indoors and out in the raised beds, the only harvest ready carrots are in the raised beds. Anyway it was a nice day. The weather man says that we get snow tomorrow... it was nice while it lasted.

This Granny received another gift this evening.
Brother Knitting Machine Model KH-230.
Also received another package of washcloth yarn.
At least this package is a prettier color than Grey Splash.
What I received today is Tangerine Splash.
Got the knitting machine setting up on my table.
It takes the whole long side.
Will be reading manual tomorrow.
Too tired tonight.
Zane,
I love going to tool stores,mechanical shops etc.
But also like to go to restaurant supply stores too.
But I like to cook too.

Last edited:
Back