What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to "Armed Response" on our new THE/365 OTA Channel while visiting with You Folks...!!!

Armed Response

2017 film by John Stockwell
Armed Response is a 2017 American action-horror film directed by John Stockwell, and produced by Wesley Snipes, who also stars in the lead role. The film co-stars Anne Heche, Dave Annable and Seth Rollins. The film is produced by Erebus Pictures, a collaboration between WWE Studios and Gene Simmons. It has a 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes.
Trailer : https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4557208/

Fun day for me. First time to run the side by side on the rental property. Kept it on 4x4 low and the knobby tires did well. There is another undeveloped spring that keeps a swath of ground very soggy. Careful walking through because it will suck the shoes off your feet type soggy. Side by went right through with no issues.

So the junk wood pile was fed. I hadn't been to that part of The Ridge in a while. Discovered two trees had come down on the foot bridge spanning the creek. No obvious damage. We don't use that path now that we have easier paths to get to the orchard. Another project for another day.

Tomorrow may be some grafting on a dwarf crab apple I have.

Behave!

Ben

Yeah the side by sides are great rides till you crash them, Then it is Well are you dead or not, of you aren't how much is it worth? it will cost just about that to fix it.
Sons Can Am is supposed to be finished with the inspection and estimate by tomorrow, It will cost between 17 and 20 thousand to reframe it because it is broken in the rear drop and the trailing arm mounts and rear track bar mounts are ripped off. I think insurance will total it, we will buy it back and rebuild it the way we want it with a 350 hp instead of 220 and all heavy components. The one shock that is bent will cost 7 to 800 to repair.

I hope they pay a good dollar on it, It has a lot of stuff on it that is not stock now lights, a wiring kit and clutch tires have less than 100 miles shock kit from Shock Therapy. Sway bars trailing arms, frame stiffeners, shifter, On and on!! he owes 6000 on it and it cost about 34,000. the extras are a good 7 to 8,000.

You can get a lot of money in one of those things.

Well, this is not today, but is tomorrow afternoon. And wish me and Uncle luck.
He is 83, and since the roughly 7 years since he's done any driving except at apartment parking lot, I am getting him to take him for a driver's exam. I'm pretty sure he will need to take the driving test. And I don't know how that will go. His wife was the driver until neurological issues started last January. She cannot drive any longer.
I'm taking a tablet with me as we may be there awhile.
I hope this works out as they need a driver, and I'm further across town now so takes me longer to get there to take them to doc appts at times, but they are using uber a lot, and their daughter pays for that.
But, tomorrow evening I'll have to let you know how tomorrow afternoon goes. Wish us well, please. Fingers crossed, etc.

We've had thousands of more motorist come to town in the last 5 years, fastest growing in Alabama and now the most populated. I am concerned. But I don't dare say anything on FB as the older set and all family are there and will see it. But, it will be about 73* and nice sunny day for this.

Everything in N A is growing all the way across We worked a Greenbrier on the auto plant a few years ago and I drove a tri axle. 10 wheeler, low boy, and dump trailer from day to day Ran a trackhoe, backhoe, dozer and skidsteer sometimes all four in one day and a truck.

There were days we worked all the way from Woodville to Tuscumbia. Hauling Limestone, Granite, and all kinds of material.

I sat a half mile from Marshall for two days waiting for something that took me 30 minutes to unload with a trackhoe.

I remember working I Huntsville 30 years ago and every time it rained University had five car pile ups at every red light THEN.

I can remember when Madison was just a couple of stores on the Highway and had the Bikini Car wash downtown.

UAB had plenty of workers.

Late night Goodnight all have the good sleep of satisfied soul with peace of mind.

Got a few chores done today, nothing special. @Swing wish you the best with your uncle. Dad and i were still raising beef when he was 83, cut our own hay, but... By then I did not trust him with a loaded trailer, be it cows or equip. I finally insisted that i do the hauling. His reaction time slowed with age. :(

I got promoted:

Screen Shot 2024-03-12 at 11.18.48 PM.png

Waiting for great granddaughter to get to the doctor and see whats up she has been sick for three days and that is bad for great papaw, It makes me sad when any of my grown kids get a hangnail, this is my first great and she is a wonder.

All of GODS greatest gifts are wonders and we try everything in our power to protect them, seems like the leaders of the world care nothing for the people they are supposed to take care of these days.

Hope all of you are doing well today, and pray you will all not be waiting on a doctor because of some of your babies being sick furries too.

I hope my plants survived, was not supposed to freeze last night, but it's pretty cold out right now. ( I put my seed trays with the little plants in the sun yesterday)
busy today, after having fun swimming yesterday. Did my 30 laps, husband is actually swimming now too, in the family pool you can stand up in. He did 20 laps there, which is a record for him since he is not that good a swimmer and nervous in the water. Either way it makes me feel good to do it. Its different from getting exercise from working
Went shopping also
So today laundry and cleaning the house
Animals go out , it's sunny and nice today

Have serious phone issues, getting a new phone today!! If I'm not on here like I normally am (constantly bugging y'all) for the next day or so, no worries, I'll be back full force soon! My phone is my internet so I have an immense amount of data, contacts, and crap to switch over!
I posted a photo in the "where am I thread" just for you...it's the highpoint of Texas. Is that anywhere near you?
Either way, hope you get your phone, huge hassle , just like getting a new computer...good luck

Sipping coffee.
Reading forums, hope to get thru Introductions today.
I see a few names I don't remember.
Potato bread I made in new to me gifted bread machine turned out pretty well.
I could have made 4 loaves the old fashion way by the time this one loaf got done.
My energy comes and goes as my body regroups from illness.
It is my great fear it will be 110*F 98% humidity in June at the Fireworks stand this year.
And I will be standing around in a sweater shivering, because I am cold.
Sometimes the treatments are worse than the illness.
Laundry is on the agenda today.
Dusting and mopping floors I have little coffee droplets on the floor where I spilled my coffee as I was having a seizure.
My seizures have been downgraded. Yahoo!
I no longer have Grand Mall seizures due to TBI.
I now have Petite Grand Mall seizures due to TBI.
The Doctors hope those too will lessen as my body heals from treatments.
I walked a mile and half yesterday in short burst 15 minutes at a time.
But at least I am walking on my own again, unassisted.
I am back home in my little apartment.
There was a shooting in front of my apartment a few days after I got home.
Then there a shooting and stabbing up the road about 4 days after I got home.
That brings another whole set of problems about fake concern for me.

We've had thousands of more motorist come to town in the last 5 years, fastest growing in Alabama and now the most populated. I am concerned. But I don't dare say anything on FB as the older set and all family are there and will see it. But, it will be about 73* and nice sunny day for this.

Where I am at, there are plenty of empty houses, a huge apartment complex behind the railroad tracks was demolished and more of those empty houses are going the same way...

Traffic isn't bad at all and I will not say anymore about that as I don't want to Jinx those Drivers...!!!

Good Morning Everybody and cast Your eyes on GOD's Glory... It's a Beautiful Day out here... Sun Shining, Birds Chirping and Bee's just a Buzzing...!!!

Attachments

• Mar03132024 002.jpg
    Mar03132024 002.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Have serious phone issues, getting a new phone today!! If I'm not on here like I normally am (constantly bugging y'all) for the next day or so, no worries, I'll be back full force soon! My phone is my internet so I have an immense amount of data, contacts, and crap to switch over!
To tide you over
:blue truck::antiqueauto::pickup::drink buddy::paintineggs:😶‍🌫️👂🕵️‍♂️🕴️👓🦆🌻🪐🍉🫒🥎🤼‍♂️🧩🚈🗺️🖥️🧲🛎️🔓🈹7️⃣♾️🕣🇦🇶🇲🇶🇹🇲

Got petro for the Lawn Mower and just heard on the Loco Wx Report that Next Tuesday AM Temps will bee back down in the low 30's...!!!

Was gonna rake Last Years Leaves from around most of Me Plants so They could get more nourishment from the Air, Rain and Sun, but Not Now...!!

Weather Right Now, in most places might seem Nice, but, We ain't outta the woods just yet...!

We got our gang moved from St Paul MN down to Mason City, IA and started welding rails at noon. It's easy stuff today - the rails are off to the sides of the tracks. We just have to line them up, trim them and get them ready for the Holland welding truck. Tomorrow will be the hard work, we have to drag these rails which will be over 120 feet long after welding. The Pettibone will grab them and drag them 1/2 mile into position and we'll install them and get the 4 final welds in track. After that, I'm headed 120 miles home to spend some quality time with my GF, doing anything but railroading...

Some more Surprises :

Those White Ones are Snow Drops and there are Clusters all over the yards...!

Attachments

• 03March132024 002.jpg
    03March132024 002.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 03March132024 003.jpg
    03March132024 003.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 03March132024 004.jpg
    03March132024 004.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Bushie BooBoo has found a New Resting Place away from the everyday critters outside :

just click to make them larger...!

Attachments

• 03March132024 005.jpg
    03March132024 005.jpg
    993 KB · Views: 0
  • 03March132024 006.jpg
    03March132024 006.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 03March132024 007.jpg
    03March132024 007.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 03March132024 008.jpg