What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go to my cousin's down the shore for Easter today. The traffic is always crap on holidays and Sundays, so we always do our holiday together on Saturday.

I'll be working tomorrow. The tech that works on Sundays (so I don't have to anymore) is getting to spend the holiday with her family. She's in nursing school, so holidays with family will be a rare treat in the future for her. Only part that sucks for me is that it's not a paid holiday tomorrow.
Oh you Jersey Girl ♥️♥️! Was talking to one of my cousins yesterday, she is going to another cousin's "down the shore"! Well, back to my cawfee!!😉

need to go check on goats, husband forgot ( he fed the lambs today)
it's warm but very windy again
going to clean the house today and bake some bread ( trying new stuff for the market that will start again in April)
plus making a dessert for tomorrow

Oh, we did go shopping yesterday, and glad husband went along since stupid walmart was very crowded, all the self checkouts were closed and there were some huge lines at the cash register, so I got stressed and left to sit in the car LOL
Did get everything I need, except they were out of lamb milk replacer so I got goat, which is fine
no babies while we were gone but it was a hectic day

Need to mow the yard and quite a few other major chores outside but I feel like I jinx myself if I say what I’m going to do before I do it. Cat is meowing in the hallway so I guess it’s time to get up. Y’all have been up for hours. I’ve been awake for a bit just don’t want to get up but here we go.

Just Stretching Awake...!!! Thinking of "What do I want to do Today?"...!! Have a Good Day All and May GOD Bless You and Yours...! and All Your Furr Babies...!!! 🐱🐶🐣🐷🐮🐴🐝🐦🐏🦌🦚🦨🐿️☃️

I am going fishing again
This time, it’s personal
Huge bass grabbed my bait then breeched the water. Did a flip and spit my hook out
Ohhhhhh Hellllllllll nahhhh!!!
It is on like donkey Kong

Talk that bass was huge. And the breech looked like it belonged on a fishing show

Slept in good..needed it.
SUNSHINE today!! Love it!
Getting up n going soon, just taking my time getting caught up on here n some news.
Today, I will roll over to my friends, check on their critters n walk to pups down to their pond. Let them run around a bit.
Head to town, gas up, get a few things,
Mow a bit and install my security cameras!
I'm excited to get that up n going..

I am going fishing again
This time, it’s personal
Huge bass grabbed my bait then breeched the water. Did a flip and spit my hook out
Ohhhhhh Hellllllllll nahhhh!!!
It is on like donkey Kong

Talk that bass was huge. And the breech looked like it belonged on a fishing show
Pics please. I want to see that 4" bluegill!

Here on this Saturday Mars 30th 2024 its grey-cold-windy

I hope *Easter* will be better temperature/weather

But here ...
:heart/flower
Myself and Dane Girl wishing you a great day and a great Easter Day 2024
FOR THE FORUM FRIENDS 2024.jpeg

I go to my cousin's down the shore for Easter today. The traffic is always crap on holidays and Sundays, so we always do our holiday together on Saturday.

I'll be working tomorrow. The tech that works on Sundays (so I don't have to anymore) is getting to spend the holiday with her family. She's in nursing school, so holidays with family will be a rare treat in the future for her. Only part that sucks for me is that it's not a paid holiday tomorrow.
One can always tell a person from NJ when they say "the shore" rather than "the beach"!

I'm up, dressed of sorts.
Dishes are done.
Air fryer is scrubbed.(Estelle )?
Trash is out, all of it.
Refrig is cleaned out and sticky again Estelle spilled who knows what????
She's six and thinks she doesn't need as much help.
She likes to help her Granny.
Never bat an eye, we just clean up messes and spills together.
Then later I do massive clean for the residue.
And there is almost always residue of some kind.
Floors are swept.
Sipping coffee.
Looming

So, in the past few weeks, I've had a really fat rat come to my front door, big enough to set off my Ring motion alert front door bell. I got tired of waking up at 3am, just to find out it was that pesky rat. Since all of us in the neighborhood have fruit trees, rats are common.

Anyways, i set out a rat trap in our front planter 3 days ago, and loaded it with a dog food kernel.

Yesterday, i hear the trap snap, and i went outside and saw a beautiful, huge, 12" alligator lizard trapped. This beautiful creature was so strong, it looked like it wasn't even injured. I released it into the bushes.

Since i didn't want that lizard to get snapped again, i moved the rat trap to the side of the house, away from anything except that rat... or that's what I thought.

Today, i checked the trap, and saw I caught a beautiful bird in it. It was deader than dead.

I'm done. I hate killing beautiful little creatures from that dumb trap. I tossed it into the trash can, and the rat will live. I might lose sleep, but at least I won't be killing any of God's beautiful creatures anymore!

I never use traps to kill ..
I used live traps ( different sizes) then whatever in it I go in woods and release it there
Exactly this. I have live traps of all different sizes.

I worked in a hospital all my life. I asked why Easter wasn’t a paid holiday. I was told because it’s a religious holiday. I replied “well, so us Christmas.” I just got a blank stare.
One can always tell a person from NJ when they say "the shore" rather than "the beach"!
That’s so true. Hubby grew up in Ship Bottom NJ.

Last edited:
Well, I understand the felling of nott
Wanting to kill But Dude. Damn
I want that hide!!
I must respect your feel feels
Because I feel the same way about ELK
Tracked one after shooting it and it had tears in its eyes. I do not care who you are that right there will make you stop and think
But mark. Let the thing out of the trash can or it will die of heat, no water

You do know that 12” gator would make one fine wallet for you to have?

Have some family in visiting for the weekend. Went by the feed store and got what we were low or out of, got some last minute things from the grocery store and lunch for family that's working on the house. Picked up a hummingbird feeder and got it filled, going to see if they show up before investing in more. About to start vacuum sealing some meat for the freezer then prep and make about 5 dozen eggs into egg bites. Going to freeze some and have the rest in the fridge for the week.

Long couple of days, Great Grand princess came all day yesterday and told her dad she was staying with us instead of going home, of course that didn't work he told her her mom was waiting and they were going home She made her PawPaw tear up a little when she cried a little not to bad but I always told her she has to do what her Mom and Dad say I will not interfere because they are great parents and she MUST mind them always.
She just turned two.
Everyone came for supper Thursday night
SO YOU KNOW we slept good last night heheheh.

Family is the wealth and substance of our lives, I Remember Dolly Parton singing Silver and Gold.

I am satisfied with a drink of water and a few Blackberries to eat as long as my children and family are well fed and safe.

Five day public holiday......

With all the musicians my kids know...there's setups going on...camping everywhere...all sorts of inebriations goin' on out there! Lots of hip parents with their grown kids/grandkids, too. Great people.

We are in the selected picture. That's a basalt plug from the shield volcano from a zillion years ago. Cap'n Cook named it Mount Warning. Where that photographer was standing...is the north rim of the caldera. That drops down...but...doesn't look like it...but...yeah...quite a ways. We're down there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...d=chrome&ie=UTF-8#vhid=O1t7KHfVFRkjvM&vssid=l

@ABR good to see you 😊
@Frodo Nice lunch!
@Tommyice I have a friend originally from Boston. She does pretty well but I have to explain to her that “Caw” is something a crow says not something you drive 😂. Her daughter and grands are still back there and it’s more evident when she been talking to them 😍

Latest posts

Back