What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slept in until almost 5AM 😁. Coffee then got busy. Cleaned up a few things, organized some in the fun room (quilting) and got a very little bit of stitching done. Made a bunch of bacon. Ran to the store on a day when all the freaks are out 😳. Survived that- BLTs with home grown lettuce 🤤. Pretty tasty! Mowed the lawn after picking up the skeletal remains the k9 swiped from the compost pile 🙄.
Did up the few dishes and picked a basket of purple dead nettle and have it on the dehydrator.
Now sitting and catching up here then will do some stitching on my forever quilt 🤪

Ship Bottom was so beautiful before they started to tear down the cottages and replacing them with those glass and pipe, sleeps 30 people monstrosities.
I just read this to Hubby. He nodded his head slowly. I wanted to go to his home of Ship Bottom far a vacation but it was way too pricey. His childhood home is still there but has been vastly added on to and remodeled.

Spring is here in N. Texas. 72* out now and dark.

Had the pups and bird out getting fresh air.

Been sipping a Jameson Bourbon Whisky ... on my second now.

Gonna have a hot dog for dinner. Had a salad for lunch.

Then retire to my recliner with Squeaky the pigeon for the evening.

Hard boiled a dozen eggs for my deviled eggs tomorrow.

Spring is here in N. Texas. 72* out now and dark.

Had the pups and bird out getting fresh air.

Been sipping a Jameson Bourbon Whisky ... on my second now.

Gonna have a hot dog for dinner. Had a salad for lunch.

Then retire to my recliner with Squeaky the pigeon for the evening.
Have you ever tried Monkey Shoulders (whiskey)? I got Hubby a small bottle at Christmastime. He asked for a larger bottle 😂

Have you ever tried Monkey Shoulders (whiskey)? I got Hubby a small bottle at Christmastime. He asked for a larger bottle 😂
No! Never heard if it, but I'll do a little research. I've got quite a collection of whisky / bourbon / scotch at this point.

But I really love Jameson ... so smooth and gives me a very very mellow buzz.

@ABR good to see you 😊
@Frodo Nice lunch!
@Tommyice I have a friend originally from Boston. She does pretty well but I have to explain to her that “Caw” is something a crow says not something you drive 😂. Her daughter and grands are still back there and it’s more evident when she been talking to them 😍
Now Bastin (Boston) is now where near the same accent as NJ!! Don't make fun of us Jersey Girls, it took me a long time to learn to say y'all!🤪😉

Five day public holiday......

With all the musicians my kids know...there's setups going on...camping everywhere...all sorts of inebriations goin' on out there! Lots of hip parents with their grown kids/grandkids, too. Great people.

We are in the selected picture. That's a basalt plug from the shield volcano from a zillion years ago. Cap'n Cook named it Mount Warning. Where that photographer was standing...is the north rim of the caldera. That drops down...but...doesn't look like it...but...yeah...quite a ways. We're down there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...d=chrome&ie=UTF-8#vhid=O1t7KHfVFRkjvM&vssid=l
It looks on the sat pic like the entire complex goes all the way to Brisbane and to the Pacific shore that is SOME large scale basin.

Sis still here till Monday. Today we went into our town, thrift store and amish grocery. Came home and had lunch, then off to visit favorite cousin. Found one of the guineas dead in the dirt road, but looked like something got to him. Bummer. A wild turkey came thru our yard, and onto neighbor's farm, he thought it was one of ours that got out. Nope. But his dog didn't stand for it, and off they both went into the wheat field. Assuming he got the dog home. Beautiful afternoon.

Watching the 10 Commandants on ABC Loco Channel...!!! Love that Movie...!! Hoping that March, that came in like a Lion will bee Going away 2morrow as a Lamb...!

1711854293883.png

Remember the Reason for the Seasonal Holiday and May GOD Bless...!!!

Directions for Hsvas
Well, I understand the felling of nott
Wanting to kill But Dude. Damn
I want that hide!!
I must respect your feel feels
Because I feel the same way about ELK
Tracked one after shooting it and it had tears in its eyes. I do not care who you are that right there will make you stop and think
But mark. Let the thing out of the trash can or it will die of heat, no water

You do know that 12” gator would make one fine wallet for you to have?
yep. It is sad
I have been a paper shooter ever since

Been out all afternoon went to Corinth Ms. then went from there to Uptown, Florence, Al. Stayed Up till just a bit ago.

Sams, Wallace World a couple of other places and some back road driving Been making the Uptown run since I got my License UNA was the Blonde Cheerleader Capitol of the world, I started going to shows at the Norton Auditorium up there as soon as I could get tickets.

Always had fun uptown, lotsa things going on always.

Hope everyone has a good Easter It is such an important day, the reason for celebrating is sometimes lost in the festivities, but it is a wonderful day for us all.

Praying for good things to come and everyone to be ready I hope soon to Know I can make the trip we all need to have the peace of mind salvation brings.

I Pray for family friends and all who walk the earth to find the truth and come home Children give your parents the peace of mind of knowing you will find the path home.

My Aunt died recently at about 95 and she said her last wish was all of her loved ones could be as sure as she was of their destination.

No! Never heard if it, but I'll do a little research. I've got quite a collection of whisky / bourbon / scotch at this point.

Try

Try this,

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpeg
    IMG_0037.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
Sipping coffee
Reading forums
Looming
It's raining nice and gentle so far.
Possible Granny's sleepover tonight.
Coffee with the guys tomorrow.(Veterans).
If their is no school on Monday, Estelle and I go to work at the Veteran's building.
We have coffee with the guys, go shopping her with $5.
Then about noon I take her to her Mom's house.
So resting a bit today.
No clue for meals, Monday is cooking day.
Hopefully Estelle doesn't remember that because I will be tired.
But we make memories every chance we get.
We'll be writing out recipe cards tonight of Granny's Favorite Recipes to go into each of the grandchildren's homemade cookbook.

Last edited:
Seizing the Day as it IS Beautiful Outside, Flowers are Blooming, Birds are Chirping and Grapes are Sprouting...!!! Hope All Have A Happy Easter and May GOD Bless in Jesus Name...!!
Chirping Birds Left when I closed the door...! ;)
Bask in the Beauty :

Attachments

• OutlikeaLamb 002.jpg
    OutlikeaLamb 002.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • OutlikeaLamb 003.jpg
    OutlikeaLamb 003.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • OutlikeaLamb 021.jpg
    OutlikeaLamb 021.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • OutlikeaLamb 019.jpg
    OutlikeaLamb 019.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I had plans to get up early, but that didnt happen.
I didnt sit down untill 1030 last night..go go go..I ate some soup and was out by about 11pm.
Today ..I'm tired.
I have to go check on my friends critters, I will walk the pups at same time.
Gas up after
I never got to mow yesterday..but I did install the security system and have it mostly all good. I'm pretty impressed with it, especially the night vision. It was fairly easy to set up for a non technical gagdet challenged type gal. I was able to put it on my old phone and tablet too..so it's good to go.
If anyone is thinking of getting a system for their property or house and would like more details on this system..hit me up.
It is windy outside..uggh...

Latest posts

Back