What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will look for it! Thanks!! ANd wow, poor guy! Our sheep seem to improve after about a week
You should see the size of our barn, it's going to be a LOT of work , and the area the goats are in can't be done well, since it has dirt floor but we do keep all the bedding very clean, so the only way they can get it is through direct contact or feeding stuff . I have been washing the feeding containers and buckets out with bleach every day and we keep goat and sheep stuff seperate
Since we used an old house we couldn't power wash it ( drywall). It does clear up on it's own. Hope those little cuties are over it soon!!

After my breakfast I did KISS that nose
She was wagging her tail :) 😘
SAM_0665.JPG

Happy April Fools....
At noon 46F... Predicted mid 50s/35F through next weekend... Will see.. No reason to get out today, so will hunker down today.. Have an overdue library book to finish reading.. Will need to get out tomorrow when I volunteer at the local food pantry..

Got word my neighbors from the far north finished well in the ...Under Dog... dog sled race at Great Slave Lake, Yellowknife North West Territories.. With there small kennel, young mom Shellie got 6th place in the 10km race.. This just 2 years now after Shellie had the major breast cancer issues.. There boys, 7 and 6 would be in the 3 dog kids class.. I believe as soon as they turn 13 they get 5 dogs and an overnight.. I'm so proud of them..

Well needed day off for me today. Sort of. I did go to the shop and put up the sign for people to call me if picking up or dropping off a 4 wheeler or side by side. One person so far, but that synced with having to go to the mail boxes to pick up packages for the shop and for me so no big deal.
I had planned to sort through all my tax receipts this weekend but late Friday evening my son asked if he could come up to work on the truck we are fixing for him so Saturday and Sunday involved 2 4 hour round trip drives to pick him up and drop him off, and working on several projects on the truck. We made good progress, only a few more relatively easy projects to go before it is ready for him to drive.
I felt lousy last night and this morning, I didn't sleep well all weekend so I went back to bed this morning for a couple hour nap.

When I came home from the mail box I noticed one of the tree trimming services dumped a full load of wood chips in the side yard.
:ghostly::dancing::clapping::Dancing Chicken:
Well needed for the yard and gardens and chicken run.

So now, sorting through tax stuff. Yay me.

Got through my taxes, went to the bank, no comment.
Have a lot to do today but will I do it?
@Pearl & @dademoss I want you to know that I bought some tater tots the other day and will bake them shortly. I may have had them years ago...Do you dip your tater tots in ranch, ketchup, mustard, anything?
anyone else have any comments about tater tots?

@Pearl & @dademoss I want you to know that I bought some tater tots the other day and will bake them shortly. I may have had them years ago...Do you dip your tater tots in ranch, ketchup, mustard, anything?
Ranch!! I'll be over shortly! Will take Dave a longer!😃

Sprinkle with garlic salt and dip in ketchup. 😜

1712004963534.png

I am a ketchup guy, Lori likes a tarter sauce/ketchup mix. Gonna be quite a few hours, keep a light on for us :). Of course, by then, @Pearl will have snarfed them all up. :p

Gimme SUM Texas Petes hot sauce on the tots Padner!!!!

My seasoning most of the time is Louisiana Cajun seasoning, or Texas Petes Hot sauce.

View attachment 127547View attachment 127548

AH making the world a warmer place!!!!!!
Way too strong for me ..Weird but I never did like the taste of those things
Example : I cannot eat Mexican stuff
but I enjoy Real Italian food a lot

Put a little shredded cheese on top and dip in my famous home made ketchup, with a few drops of my world famous homemade hot sauce. Serve with a plate o bacon and a few eggs.
Dip it in fire eh? 😂
Way too strong for me ..Weird but I never did like the taste of those things
Example : I cannot eat Mexican stuff
but I enjoy Real Italian food a lot
I might have just placed my order for saffron from Alma Gourmet 💕 ;)

Wrecking crew was here at 8:00. Began demolition of the master bath. They got it all down to the studs, and removed all the fixtures. Tomorrow they tear out the soffits and reframe several things.

Plumber comes tomorrow to give us the estimate, and the electrician comes on Monday to rough-in all the electrical.

Supposed to have a severe storm shortly. Just what we need!

Wrecking crew was here at 8:00. Began demolition of the master bath. They got it all down to the studs, and removed all the fixtures. Tomorrow they tear out the soffits and reframe several things.

Plumber comes tomorrow to give us the estimate, and the electrician comes on Monday to rough-in all the electrical.

Supposed to have a severe storm shortly. Just what we need!
Storms are coming your way !!

Drinking a warm Samuel Adams ..its 8 pm
I would love to sleep well ..I might go to sleep with my Dane
Sleep well... I might fall asleep..I dont know when

Have you tried Melatonin? Thats what they gave me in the hospital to help me sleep.

I am a ketchup guy, Lori likes a tarter sauce/ketchup mix. Gonna be quite a few hours, keep a light on for us :). Of course, by then, @Pearl will have snarfed them all up. :p
Patch is going to have to get more! I get pretty aggressive around tater tots!!🦬🐻 If she gets more I can't guarantee you'll get any!😃😉🤪

Latest posts

Back