What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried Melatonin? Thats what they gave me in the hospital to help me sleep.
No I usually sleep well ..except when one of my animals dont sleep
lately Ruben like to do noises ..that is why
Normally I sleep like a log...but one little tiny sound will make me up

I could be a good guardian LOLOLOL

Daughter came over after work on Saturday (night shift) in time to go to sunrise service with me for Easter. Later we had dinner with my mom and Brother. It was a good day.
Today we went to a place that had cleared out a fence line and left the tree trunks stacked up, we can take all that we can cut and haul for free. Filled my truck and trailer and my brother's truck. Managed to drop a pretty stout log on my foot, feels like it will be black and blue tomorrow. Brother spent some time teaching my Daughter how to use the chainsaw, which was pretty cool.
I live such a sedentary life now that today's work really wore me out. Collapsed in my chair, a nice fire going in the stove, and some This N That Garage on the youtube. I'm predicting an early bedtime!

Yesterday I was out for the count. Everyone in the household was feeling unwell. Brother had been throwing up. I started feeling cruddy Saturday night and slept all night and then most of the day Sunday. I needed that rest.

Today I put Mom's new dexcom sensor on. I was worried I'd mess it up, but I got it right and the new sensor is acclimating during the old sensor's grace period. Still waiting on the insulin pump but that is for the rant thread.

I got some new plastic cutters and used them on some used Bob Evans mashed potato containers. I'm going to try to us them for my custom lightsaber build. Cooked for Mom, went into town to get stew but they were out, put gas in the truck, & got some crackers that Mom requested. Put up a shelf in my bathroom above the tp holder so I have somewhere to put the wet wipes.

Chatted with my sister online a little. It's her 50th birthday so we'll be calling her later on.

Daughter came over after work on Saturday (night shift) in time to go to sunrise service with me for Easter. Later we had dinner with my mom and Brother. It was a good day.
Today we went to a place that had cleared out a fence line and left the tree trunks stacked up, we can take all that we can cut and haul for free. Filled my truck and trailer and my brother's truck. Managed to drop a pretty stout log on my foot, feels like it will be black and blue tomorrow. Brother spent some time teaching my Daughter how to use the chainsaw, which was pretty cool.
I live such a sedentary life now that today's work really wore me out. Collapsed in my chair, a nice fire going in the stove, and some This N That Garage on the youtube. I'm predicting an early bedtime!
You are not going to use that new splitter without changing the fittings, that I mentioned when you first posted it are you??

I've got a doc appt at noon, then filling a cart at Aldi while I'm near there. Little granddaughter has a field trip all day to the Cosmophere (a very cool place), then all the girls are having a sleep over at one of the girl's homes. So she will be a mess tomorrow in school, but she is very excited. Supposed to be a rainy day today.

Cats woke me up and I'm overheated. Had acid reflux and it came out my nose. Fed the kitties and then checked thermostat. It's 78°F inside. Fan was blowing but its not cooling. Turned it off and then told it to cool. Nothing. Turned the breakers off and then back on and waited a couple of minutes. Turned it to Automatic.Then to Cool. It's stuck on "waiting for equipment". I set it to off and am waiting to see if letting it sit a bit longer will work. If not, I may need to call the AC people again.

Gonna be stormy here in a couple of hours rumbling now.

We have been going to get with a lawyer friend of mine to do our trust he has a big one of his own that owns a timber growing company, He and his brother probably own 15,000 acres or more of timber.

He was a DA, Prosecutor and is now in private practice.

His father was a real visionary and bought land from people who sold out and moved north to industrial states when the economy was really bad in the south and had a hardware lumber and general store, and gave credit or survival goods to most of the county. He bought half of my grandfathers section when grandfather went to work for TVA in Guild, TN

My uncle worked for my friends dad in the store, was the county agent, and ran a 1/4 section farm and dairy for many years.

Cleaning the chicken run again today, and helping with global warming.
20240401_171552.jpg

On this April 2nd of 2024
I will stay home but have to go for some grocery for cats-dog-myself

I have a list that worth to do it tomorrow
after that they call for **** weather :confused: so it will be done

Everybody had their breakfast...and DaneGirl always wait
for me to kiss her on the nose ..she is so cute :p

Bathroom demo proceeds ... tearing down soffits, jackhammering floor tile ... and the plumber shows up in the middle of it all, to give us an estimate for their work ... $8k ... that's for moving tub drain, moving shower drain, moving shower controls, installing toilet, moving sink feeds and drain, replacing all sink and toilet shut off valves, installing free-standing tub fillers, etc. etc.

Monday, the Electrician comes with his bad news!

Maybe I should start a Go-Fund-Me account ... or better yet, a Go-Shoot-Me account!!!!!

Bought mama a new Sleep Number bed. It arrives in 15 days. Going to put our other new king bed into the guest room, where I currently have a queen. Trying to get rid of this queen box, mattress frame and Ethan Allen headboard to anyone, to make room for the new king. Problem is that I need to position it on another wall. No problem except the wall mounted TV. I have to remove it from one wall, place it on the opposite wall, run new wiring to have a plug behind the new TV mount. Oh, since we are patching and making holes, SHE wants to paint said room before the new bed arrives. Now, I need a new king headboard. I found one on offer up and grabbed it last night. Today, I notice this headboard is 9" too wide, which means I need to find a way to cut it down to fit on the wall with the two matching nightstands. Oh yeah, it is not the same color, so now I need to sand and stain the headboard before I do anything else. Holy crap, This little bed purchase is going to cause me a month's worth of work!

Man I wish I had an idea when we are going to finish moving stuff, we have three places FULL of stuff and at leas tone storage building full of furniture.

We need to to a Pre-decease estate sale and empty everything out take the money and buy only what we need buy a cd with the rest, hire a maid, gardener and some field worker/laborers.

Man I wish I had an idea when we are going to finish moving stuff, we have three places FULL of stuff and at leas tone storage building full of furniture.

We need to to a Pre-decease estate sale and empty everything out take the money and buy only what we need buy a cd with the rest, hire a maid, gardener and some field worker/laborers.
I've always said I do not want a storage unit. When we moved and downsized by about 40%, we had a huge yardsale "there." Then when we got "here" and got what we needed in the house, we had another huge yardsale. I can't say it was easy or fun, but the feeling afterwards of having all of that "stuff" gone through and taken care of and just gone is great. There was stuff I hadn't seen for years. I'm so glad to have done it and not have it looming ahead of me or leaving it to my heirs.

Finally got all the Aldi stuff put away. Had to do little granddaughter's chores since she's at a sleepover. Had to laugh this morning...Andrea...a neighbor girl (she's 8) that I drive to amish school every day. She said next week Tuesday is bring your pet to school day. So I asked her what she's bringing...a barn cat? A chicken? Nope. She's bringing Brenda her little sister. Ha. Just husband and I tonight, so we'll get some takeout from the amish place and watch a movie. Got a new brooder set up, more chicks due Thursday. Restocked kitchen pantry from other pantry.

Finally got all the Aldi stuff put away. Had to do little granddaughter's chores since she's at a sleepover. Had to laugh this morning...Andrea...a neighbor girl (she's 8) that I drive to amish school every day. She said next week Tuesday is bring your pet to school day. So I asked her what she's bringing...a barn cat? A chicken? Nope. She's bringing Brenda her little sister. Ha. Just husband and I tonight, so we'll get some takeout from the amish place and watch a movie. Got a new brooder set up, more chicks due Thursday. Restocked kitchen pantry from other pantry.
When my oldest was in kindergarten, I had just given birth to my third child. He wanted to bring his new baby brother to show and tell at school. So we did. I guess that’s better than bring a PET to school.

Wondering what I did all day, I know that I fed the tigers twice, and went to my neighbors for eggs.

Aldi label reading on their cheeses today. Did you know that 90 percent of cheeses sold use a GMO rennet that is made by Pfizer? Don't buy that crap. Look for cheeses with animal rennet or microbial rennet. They had some. Label reading is becoming an art.
I’ve known that for a few years and was surprised by how many people didn’t know it.

Latest posts

Back