What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully your husband can turn it in today, Snappy. My husband always has to bring it home and get a sample in the morning, right after using the nebulizer. We'll probably be doing that at some point this week, but I don't see the point, it always comes back showing the same. I hope your husband's is fine.
A foot doc appt for husband in the bigger town and he ordered some pickup items at Walmart that he wanted. So far, not rushing in to the hospital. The wind is supposed to stay down today, thankfully. Maybe get the bigger chicks out to the milkhouse this afternoon, they are starting to be a challenge indoors. I think our nighttime temps are starting to come up, and if I cover them, they should be ok. That would still leave the last hatches inside in the dining room. The egg I heard peeping when I gave it up and threw it in the trash...that chick looks good. Two days behind the others, so a bit runty, but is ok for now.

Just coming back in and On after taking some AM pics, Apple Blossoms, Blackberry Blossoms, Grapes still growing after the Frost Threat and some Flowers lining the driveway, Enjoy...!!!

Attachments

• April082024 016.jpg
    April082024 016.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • April082024 017.jpg
    April082024 017.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • April082024 018.jpg
    April082024 018.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • April082024 020.jpg
    April082024 020.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Flowers + 2 Hibiscus in pots for planting on each side of that shed...!!!

Attachments

• April082024 023.jpg
    April082024 023.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • April082024 024.jpg
    April082024 024.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • April082024 025.jpg
    April082024 025.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • April082024 021.jpg
    April082024 021.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Nice to see the flowers @Snowman
Cornflowers are one of my favorites.
I used to Carry BushieBooBoo around so She could get a close up look at them an sniff one or two also...!!! I will Always Have Flowers Growing and Blooming Somehow for Her...!! ☃️

Last edited:
Already walked.
Changed and washed bed linens.
Going to town to get a sputum cup for DH and hopefully he can turn it in today at hospital lab.
Pay on my hospital bill.
Go to bank and put POD on accounts for daughter.
Set up DH's pills for the month.
Put up the canned food that my friend gave me when her daughter cleaned out pantry. They get rid of anything even near -best by date. It doesn't scare me. I have a lot to put up!
The best used by date , According to the food industry
Has not a thing to do with spoilage
It is to let you know it tastes its best by that date.
I ate a vanilla wafer that was 6 years old one time. Tasted like crap. But did no harm

Church this morning. We almost always nap on Sunday afternoons.
We didn’t nap but went to bed early.
So first you should know recipes are only guidelines 😂. My recipe calls for 1/2 lb of bacon. I add about half pound of bacon, half pound of sausage (like for gravy), and half pound of linguisa. It also says to use a 10” pie pan but I use a large deep dish cobbler pan ☺️. I will sometimes chop kale or spinach for in it also but we don’t currently have any. Then eggs and cream etc.
I agree. I like putting my own spin on recipes.
Good idea these days to be able to fly, buy a plane and hit the trail tree topping to the border and beyond. I would go straight to meico with all the change and the aks loaded with the strip.

Good deal getting the kids set up it will pay the bills and can be a real career as a private pilot.
Or a commercial pilot. My two cousins earned good money flying commercially for United, as did their Dad.
She really is something! She would fit in fairly well here - doesn't believe in debt, believes in individual freedom, works hard. Exercise fanatic, can run 7 miles in 1 hour and 1 minute and works out 7 days a week. Now, she's not a homesteading type - she likes her creature comforts. But I'm not a hard-core homesteader type either. The main thing is, she's not crazy, and the older I get the more attractive sanity is..
That is so wonderful! I don’t do much homesteading. But I love my country living. I am very happy for you, Spike.
Already walked.
Changed and washed bed linens.
Going to town to get a sputum cup for DH and hopefully he can turn it in today at hospital lab.
Pay on my hospital bill.
Go to bank and put POD on accounts for daughter.
Set up DH's pills for the month.
Put up the canned food that my friend gave me when her daughter cleaned out pantry. They get rid of anything even near -best by date. It doesn't scare me. I have a lot to put up!
I don’t have a problem eating “expired” food, either. I hate to waste food.
The best used by date , According to the food industry
Has not a thing to do with spoilage
It is to let you know it tastes its best by that date.
I ate a vanilla wafer that was 6 years old one time. Tasted like crap. But did no harm
Haha. Awesome!

Last edited:
Almost 1:10 PM here and Sol is Right Over Head...!!! Staying In as I can't afford to Bee Blind... 😎 Gonna put a ⛱️ over Bushie's Resting Spot also...!!

Attachments

• April04082024 001.jpg
    April04082024 001.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
My right eye is bound and determined to go blind on me, it's been trying for a few years now. First I had a stroke in it which took about 9 monthly injections in it to clear it up. Then a year or so later there was another issue which took 2 laser surgeries and 6 more monthly injections. I found out today there's another issue which is going to take another laser surgery and at least 6 more monthly injection. It's getting very very annoying and expensive.

Picked up a WallaceWorld order, three eggs cracked the four bananas are naner pudin ripe and the tomato is ready for the burger and split bruised.

Didn't get ANY ICE CREAM is the worst thing ARRRRRRRR wheres my pick handle I gotta beat something to shreds!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH.

@squirrelhunter good luck I have a cuz bad diabetic and he is 77 and on the verge of losing his in both, Sad thing,
Blindness caused my FILs death from a car accident.

Two weeks before the wreck that killed him instantly I took him to a really good optometrist and he told him that he had total macular degeneration and could not drive, the four lane US highway crossing is between his house and town. he sneaked the keys while my SIL was sleeping and headed to town for some tobacco, never made it.

Last edited:
Picked up a WallaceWorld order, three eggs cracked the four bananas are naner pudin ripe and the tomato is ready for the burger and split bruised.

Didn't get ANY ICE CREAM is the worst thing ARRRRRRRR wheres my pick handle I gotta beat something to shreds!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH.

@squirrelhunter good luck I have a cuz bad diabetic and he is 77 and on the verge of losing his in both, Sad thing,
Blindness caused my FILs death from a car accident.

Two weeks before the wreck that killed him instantly I took him to a really good optometrist and he told him that he had total macular degeneration and could not drive, the four lane US highway crossing is between his house and town. he sneaked the keys while my SIL was sleeping and headed to town for some tobacco, never made it.
That's too bad about your FIL. My dad was diabetic and had cataract trouble. Awhile after he had them removed he tried to get his Driver's license back and he couldn't tell numbers from letters, after 4 or 5 tries but they gave him a license anyway. He had about a half dozen accidents but nothing real bad,he died from renal failure. My issues are from High Blood Pressure.

I have been chopping up the branches I pruned from the fruit trees in January. Cutting them up to top off the logs in the bottom of the new raised bed. That was mixed with watching the eclipse when the clouds broke. I may have over done it a bit. Will take some effort to shake them down. I will try using a reciprocating saw with no blade to vibrate the stack. These hugelkultures settle quite a bit the first year.

If the weather allows I will be doing more tomorrow.

Ben

I won't do pickup order for anything fresh, because of what you experienced. We did a pickup order today after the doc appt, but it was specialized juice in glass jars that husband wanted. They can't wreck that.
I won't do pick up orders, either. I think I do a better job.
DH will probably turn his cup in tomorrow. He didn't want to try today.

Latest posts

Back