What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is their handy work , the lid was straight yesterday, i know that , the towel was their but the blanket was inside
002.jpg

Worked on a chicken coop of sorts. My two little future bug eaters are going to outgrow their current digs before too long. It’s ready for skin and roof aside from the door. That won’t be too bad.
Also mowed the lawn since it’s supposed to rain the next 3 days.
Tomorrow morning a friend and I are going to a flea market in a neighboring town so that should be fun.

@Tommyice I have felt bad all day, I thought it was allergies a couple of days ago but I don't think allergies act like this. I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you Patch. I do feel better this morning. Definitely allergies. Just the residual congestion that I have every morning. Everything I used for the loom yesterday (including the loom) was dusty and neglected. The thread I warped with also gives off some flyaway stuff that irritates the nose and makes me sneeze. Every tree here is popping. It's a bad year--we can't keep the allergy in stock at the pharmacy.

So my plan for sleeping late was foiled again. I went to bed too early last night so I woke up earlier than I normally do on a work day. Let Heidi out and go to put coffee on. Hear her furiously running down the stairs, barking her"warning Will Robinson, danger! danger!" bark. Throw clothes on and go outside. Nothing but she's barking at my dad's yard now. I don't see anything and try to get her inside. Finally get her in the garage and just as I'm about to go up the stairs I see what got her hackles up. Racoon! on Dad's shed roof. Saw it trundle out of the yard and across the street.
IMG_2615.jpeg

Going to have my coffee and breakfast now and see what the rest of the day has in store.

I've been sidelined with a leg situation since January. My gardening , chicken and bees are way behind. I got an inversion table and it "may" be helping. I'm able to stand for over a minute now.

Hopefully, I'm gonna sit on ground and plant some beans today. Takes forever, but it needs to be done.

The weather forecast shows rain all this week though.

We had rainstorms last night, and I was surprised it woke me up. The crops needed the rain, so this was good.
Not sure what I'm doing today, but it will not involve driving into the bigger town. Ha. I am in need of a staying home day. And there's plenty to do around here that I've been putting off.
We had pop up rain all yesterday.. of course, worse at chicken time.

Stopped at dad's farm on the way home today and checked out the wild asparagus patches. It's pretty early but there are a few spears poking out of the ground. I think I'll go back on Saturday and cut myself some...View attachment 129114View attachment 129115
The asparagus is really purple this year. If you blow the images up you can really see the little purple spears. When it's purple, it's the good stuff...😁
I got one of those, well it was planted in a row, but no one wants to go pick it anymore, I pick what I want leave the rest .

I've been sidelined with a leg situation since January. My gardening , chicken and bees are way behind. I got an inversion table and it "may" be helping. I'm able to stand for over a minute now.

Hopefully, I'm gonna sit on ground and plant some beans today. Takes forever, but it needs to be done.

The weather forecast shows rain all this week though.
Glad to see you! Hope you are doing better and can done all the things that need doing!!

I got one of those, well it was planted in a row, but no one wants to go pick it anymore, I pick what I want leave the rest .
These are completely wild. There has been asparagus growing wild on the farm as long as Pops can remember, and he's 89. I'm not sure how many patches there are, but there are 5 along his lane and at least 6 more out on the hillside east of his place. Plus it grows wild in all the road ditches around there. I'm not a huge fan of asparagus - when I was a kid we had it every stinkin' day in May, and I got sick of it. But, it's good for you and it's free...

Will 🐝 trying to Finish that wood project in the backyard but if I Finish it then I won't have anything else to do so I Better Not Finish it complete...!!! I will always Find something about it that I can Change and Maybee even make it Better for Her...!!

Yesterday was gorgeous, cleared up some veg beds, and processed the overwintered carrots and leek. Spent an hour chopping through a bamboo plant that had got pot bound. Planted some beans, potted up tomato and lettuce seedlings and put down cabbage seedlings. Went through all my plastic pots and sorted out the broken/bashed ones for recycling, and repurposed an unused scaffolding trestles as shelving in the poly tunnel. Picked some rhubarb, made a lovely cake with some and stewed some for the freezer, and made leek and potato soup for the freezer. Today its lashing, so put all the potatoes growing in tubs out so I don't have to water. Everybody is on high alert in case we get frost now.

After getting the mighty huntress settled, I got to washing a small amount of that Romney fleece I’ve been working on—about 6-8 ounces. Doesn’t sound like a lot but it covers two of those square net sweater drying racks.

Cleaned up the spot in the garage for the freezer. Dad helped (by constantly asking why I was getting rid of this or that).

Mowed the yard then got to work in the garden.

Rest of the day is take it easy

Almost infusion time for husband,
Ceftazadine is what DH is on for 3 weeks. Twice a day/ in a large syringe instead of a plastic ball. Much faster!

Home health was here at 8 am for first visit.
Walked this morning.
Went to store for DH- yogurt.
Then dispensary.
Next, I will slice some thawed figs in half and dehydrate them.

@Tommyice I have felt bad all day, I thought it was allergies a couple of days ago but I don't think allergies act like this. I hope you feel better soon.
@Tirediron do the raccoons come around at your place and cause problems? I haven't seen signs of them here in a while.
luckily we don't have raccoon here,

Cleaning off the patio and cleaning getting the gas grill and charcoal BBQ pit ready. Recharging the AC in my wife's SUV.
Oooh, sounds like prep for a cook out! I've got a little "disposable" grill. You have photos of your pit? Love the smell of brisket in a smoker, mesquite.

Today, I bought a chainsaw filing guide tool, because I can't quite see like I used to stihl finaly built one that works it does the raker at the same time, and compensates for tooth ware,
1714855488770.png
it is called a stihl 2 in 1 file holder

I just cut our feed bill in half! Went to the feed store and got a decent rabbit pellet with 18% protein. No corn or soy I can see listed so that is good. 50lbs for half the cost I was paying for 40lbs in California. ::happy dance:: Now to see if they carry orchard grass hay...

The feed store turns out to be a boutique and BBQ place rolled into the local feed/grain store. The food smelt great so maybe we will try it next week.

Getting more unpacked in the kitchen. It is taking some creative thinking to get everything put away and in its new home.

Realized I needed to check the dates on the meds in the pet first aid kit and the bunny barn first aid kit. My baby gas drops are expired badly and I don't want to give expired meds to my food so I ordered some more. Cheap enough to replace and I need it before we switch feeds for them. The batteries in my dog nail grinder are dead so now I need to replace them and make sure the grinder still works.

Today, I bought a chainsaw filing guide tool, because I can't quite see like I used to stihl finaly built one that works it does the raker at the same time, and compensates for tooth ware, View attachment 129254it is called a stihl 2 in 1 file holder
Thanks for that post, Hubby needs one! I sharpen all the chainsaw blades, he just can't get pitch right!

Today, I bought a chainsaw filing guide tool, because I can't quite see like I used to stihl finaly built one that works it does the raker at the same time, and compensates for tooth ware, View attachment 129254it is called a stihl 2 in 1 file holder
Was that a local buy, or on line? I need one of those

Latest posts

Back