What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started the day off with a walk
Picked some Black Berrries
Got a cobbler on my mind
IMG_0345.jpeg

Post office after chores this morning. Ours closes at 1 each day, so it takes some planning. Taking husband into the bigger town after lunch for his labwork. Nothing terribly exciting. But first, infusion for husband and little granddaughter to school.
Your lucky
Mine close at 11am.
Good luck at the Dr

My wife found 2 ticks on her arm. They were still crawling so she just removed them.
2 nights ago I felt something on the back of my head.
Woke my wife up to look and she found a tick.
She removed it with tweezers.
We have never had ticks so this is something new for us and we do not like it.

Post office after chores this morning. Ours closes at 1 each day, so it takes some planning. Taking husband into the bigger town after lunch for his labwork. Nothing terribly exciting. But first, infusion for husband and little granddaughter to school.

Your lucky
Mine close at 11am.
Good luck at the Dr
I went to my local post office last week where in the past the lines have been long. I was in there mailing books a couple times a week, in the past, and knew everyone who worked there by name. Last week, it was around 2:30 p.m. and there wasn't much of a line, and only one employee, a woman who has worked there for years. Before she helped me, she asked if she could go lock the door. Of course. Then when she came back, she told me that she was the only person there that day, and she hadn't had lunch yet. When she was done helping me, she asked me to push the door shut so she could get lunch. This post office used to regularly have 4 people working the counter and the lines were often long.

It is kind of shocking and really sad that we don't have the same service there or anywhere like we did not long ago.

I found a treasure.
Is that an apple press? I have one that I would like to use as a cheese press if it will work. And I can get it cleaned up!
I noticed my foot feels better when I wear regular Nikes
I had that when waitressing and was 90 pounds heavier. I could barely stand up in the middle of the night to get to the bathroom. I switched to Easy Spirit sneakers and added double pillow inserts. No problem after that.
infusion for husband
DH said this morning that he didn't want to jump the gun, but he thinks the antibiotic is already working.

Already walked.
Have to set up DH's pills for the month and do laundry.
Package the figs that I dehydrated.

Went and saw Chondra Pierce with my Church ladies last night-Christian comedienne. Very funny!

Is that an apple press? I have one that I would like to use as a cheese press if it will work. And I can get it cleaned up!

I had that when waitressing and was 90 pounds heavier. I could barely stand up in the middle of the night to get to the bathroom. I switched to Easy Spirit sneakers and added double pillow inserts. No problem after that.

DH said this morning that he didn't want to jump the gun, but he thinks the antibiotic is already working.

Already walked.
Have to set up DH's pills for the month and do laundry.
Package the figs that I dehydrated.

Went and saw Chondra Pierce with my Church ladies last night-Christian comedienne. Very funny!
It was advertised as a Sausage, fruit & lard press. To use it as a fruit or lard press (or cheese), it needs the perforated piece that goes in the bottom for the liquid to drain through. Mine does not have that piece, but I will probably keep my eyes open for one. So short answer is Yes, it would work as a cheese press and that is on my goal list also.

Watched daughter at the swearing-in ceremony this morning.
It was on Zoom and DW was able to pull it up on the big-screen TV :).
She is now a bonified attorney.
I am one proud daddy!😍

Glad that antibiotic is doing your husband good, Snappy! Congratulations, Supervisor! Glad you could watch on Zoom! Our youngest received her pharmacy MD in 2020, and the whole thing was on Zoom.
A storm is coming in, a tornado watch, too...so we went into the bigger town earlier for his labs. Found out about two new funerals when I went into our town this morning, one was an amish lady I knew, she was 103. Passed yesterday. That funeral will be Wednesday morning. The other was in Oklahoma this morning...an almost 80 yr old man mauled by a bull. Lots of his family from here went to the funeral.

Sad days, too many funerals for you @Amish Heart you need a few weeks of space at least.

A really good friend of ours lost a 36 year old daughter this weekend, she had a lot of problems and had two pain relief operations the last was about a year ago, and she had a frontal implant a few weeks ago to dull her constant pain.

She called her mom Friday and was coming over but didn't and that was not unusual, they were having a homecoming at church and she didn't call or answer on Sunday so they went to her house and she was sitting in her chair deceased.

Her grandmother was also a very dear friend and I know she was waiting when the little girl left her mom.😢

Busy day, crap coming from all directions. At 3:05 I got a call that we had an alarm going off. Had to rush a couple guys off to check it out, right at quitting time. Got home and planned to mow, but the weather guy showed a big cell moving our direction. Suppose to hit within an hour. It slowed down and just now getting here.
Got a call a few minutes ago that a friend I work with son passed away Saturday. He was 40, had a heart valve replaced a couple years ago and it got infected.

son did his last final today , it was a group presentation and they got 100! So looks like he is going to graduate:) Very proud of him. He will have a good degree from a good university

Picked up my euros and did some shopping today, my gosh the cheapest 12vold battery we could find was $70 , the were around 40 just a few years ago ( we use some for our electric fencing, some are hooked to the solar) . I think we need to hook everything to solar

wearing my old cast from the accident on my painful foot and it is helping already. I am just wearing it when I am sitting, and will keep it on overnight. It's pretty much the same as those things you can buy to keep your foot straight. Couldn't find anything for it at the store and didn't want to drive all the way to a Walgreens or some place they might have something.

Was supposed to be a relatively quiet day, but turned out to be the opposite. Two trips out in the car for various things, spent a ridiculous amount of time (1.50 hrs) on the phone (twice) waiting on hold for things that should have taken just 10 minutes, and ended up mowing and trimming the lawn unexpectedly, the tile guy was here from 8:30a-7:30p, and the bathroom vanity countertop guys were here for 40 minutes. Ughhhh! Thank gawd the day is over.

The kid we have been raising has actually worked two days in a row at winco night stocking shelves. Since he has to pay off his fines from a dui I am driving and delivering him at midnight and picking him up at 830. Kind of breaks up my day but i really want him to succeed at a job.
So today I cleaned out the motorhome I donated to a homeless couple....it has been a storage shed for several years which means I hauled three pickup loads of stuff to storage and dumped a bit of stuff in the big dumpster I have rented...I found a brand new window air conditioner that I must have bought at some time.......

congrats! Attorney is good too!
Since I am just 'a fly on the wall' it's gonna be interesting to see what her employer does to her workload.
They are in the housing/real-estate business and continuously pay Megabux to attorneys to do legal stuff :oops:.
I wonder what they will change her title to?:dunno:

Since I am just 'a fly on the wall' it's gonna be interesting to see what her employer does to her workload.
They are in the housing/real-estate business and continuously pay Megabux to attorneys to do legal stuff :oops:.
I’m so rude- congrats Sup. That takes a lot of work and determination. 🙏 she is compensated for her accomplishment 😊

she better watch it, with higher titles comes more stress....
I remember after I worked as an engineer for a while ( 4 years) I passed the PE exam and was promoted to Project Manager and that is when the stress really started....
Son has not applied for jobs yet since he is going on the trip with me, he will start afterwards. He is hoping to find a job near here so he can keep living in his house and not have to pay rent and utilities and all that in some city .

Back