What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MoBookworm1957 don't screw around with a concussion. When I fell on the ice a couple years ago, it scrambled my brain pretty good for about ten days. I didn't feel quite right for about a month. A doc probably won't do much but tell you to take it easy, but definitely take it easy for a while.

My pops fell and hit the back of his head some years back. He had to get his skull drilled a week later to relieve the pressure from a brain bleed. Concussions are serious business...
I got checked.
Didn't feel good, not sick,just didn't feel good.
No concussion,got CT scan.
Funny feeling was determined to be seizure.
Which I knew that, but let very new Neurologist make the decision.
VA Pharmacy will have fun filling that prescription.
My brain has been scrambled before.
Feel pretty good, except my tailbone hurts.
Not much they can do about that.
Before all the new people get concerned about the seizure.
I suffered from Traumatic Brain injury due to accident from when I was active duty Army,
I didn't have a stroke, I had a Petite Grand Mall Seizure.
I will be checked out again 16 May 2024 at 1400 hours.

I got checked.
Didn't feel good, not sick,just didn't feel good.
No concussion,got CT scan.
Funny feeling was determined to be seizure.
Which I knew that, but let very new Neurologist make the decision.
VA Pharmacy will have fun filling that prescription.
My brain has been scrambled before.
Feel pretty good, except my tailbone hurts.
Not much they can do about that.
Before all the new people get concerned about the seizure.
I suffered from Traumatic Brain injury due to accident from when I was active duty Army,
I didn't have a stroke, I had a Petite Grand Mall Seizure.
I will be checked out again 16 May 2024 at 1400 hours.
I’m glad you went in. At least you have the knowledge that it is not a concussion and you know what you need to do for yourself.

Sleeping for a long time after a blow to the head is a sign of a CONCUSSSION, Nausea, sleeping, kaleidoscope vision and weakness are all signs of a bad one.

I kissed an OAK tree running off of the bank behind the Campground at the Chimneys in the Smoky mountains once and had a super concussion, everything but convulsions for four days.
Thank you for your concern.
I have had concussions before.
I had a Petite Grand Mall seizure.
Which is why I fell.
I went and got checked out by ER doctor.
No concussion- seizure.
VA Pharmacy will have problems finding a seizure medicine I can tolerate.
In the dosage I can tolerate.
And some seizure medicines cause seizures.

Last edited:
Mo, is Dilantin an option. My mother takes it for neuropathy but I know it's also used for epilepsy.

Sonya, I hope you have a safe trip!

I had a decent nap and was late taking my meds. Only thing I ate yesterday was a burger. Kitties are piled on me right now. They don't like the weather we've been having and they want to be cuddled.

Yesterday, I harvested a half dozen Peonies flowers, they were mostly at the just before opening up stage. The rains we have had knocked them all down so I wanted to share them with the wife.
The Wife got 3 sets of flowers, several cards, and an afternoon full of phone calls. We had Shepard's pie with asparagus and layered salad for dinner with cheese cake and raspberry sherbet for desert. All and all it was a nice Mother's Day.

Good luck @Frodo hope the mice have not chewed all of the wires off of it, I dislike those critters!!

I will not use a glue trap ever again though because I watched one peel itself and get loose from one.

I should have killed it probably, but I was so stunned as it fought and got loose I could not think of anything but the fact it had so very much determination it was eerie and horrid.

It was gone before I thought to end its suffering.

It made me ashamed and I just wont use those anymore.

I have a lot of cars sitting around rotting, and I am going to start lightening the list as soon as it quits raining,

The best time for it has come and gone IE while the snakes and wasp are in hiding.

I am going to sell them or parts from them till they are gone except for the dirt that was under them.

NO SCRAPPING though I will just give them to someone who will fix them first.

@ Mo, I had a bonk on the noggin earlier this year, no fun, Get well, but take things easy until you are well

I was hoping to be able to get up and do some stuff.
Not happening. the pressure is nuts and everything hurts. I guess I'll see how bad withdrawal is when I'm out of smokes.

Storming this morning, so no walk and no computer til now.
DH went to dentist to have filling replaced that fell out. His partials are great! He wears them all day since he got them.
Lady is here who helps me keep this place clean and organized. Yay!
Cleaned out 2 drawers in kitchen this morning.
I may be done for the day!

The King's Hawaiian Cheese danish that I made for Church were a big hit! Only 3 or 4 to take home.

So much to do, my game plans fall flat. Wishing I had a job I love with hours I set, no restrictions on vacation timing, etc.
For the past 2 years I’ve had the strong feeling I should prepare for a big move but working full time cancels my motivation.
Gonna finish my cup of red raspberry leaf and spearmint tea and get busy.
Mother’s Day was great, wish I could share photos but some also have op sec.

Yet another day of workers ... grouting tile, finishing tile, molding put around the window, inside and out. Electrician comes tomorrow to install switches, outlets, & fixtures. Another shower glass door company comes to give us a quote tomorrow.

Hopefully the tiling will be completely finished by EOD tomorrow.

After that it's finish work for everything, including painting the doors and frames/moldings.

Eventually the countertop will arrive (2 weeks?) ...

I figure another 2-3 weeks tops before it's done and usable.

Working on the fence again today. So far it's not too bad. Getting ready to head down in to Bear canyon. Haven't been down there for a couple years now.
Going south tomorrow to pickup more fence posts and lumber. Need to buy a cordless rotary hammer drill, for drilling through rock to put in T posts. Found a Dewalt one for $1,000.
20240513_120355.jpg

My day has been pretty boring. Did some running around this morning. Wasted trip because I went to Sam's with out my Sam's credit card, which I use to show I'm a member. Bought some milk & Pepsi's on the way home. Then figured that I needed to do something while my wife was gone (seeing a dr 99 miles from home). So I touched up the paint job I did the other day, which turned out pretty good. I just needed to go over a few places. That's about it except we will go out & buy some Mexican Food for dinner.

who knew it could take all day to change an oxygen sensor. apparently someone never head of antiseize. . going to put the details in the can you fix your stuff thread.

Latest posts

Back