What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My day has been pretty boring. Did some running around this morning. Wasted trip because I went to Sam's with out my Sam's credit card, which I use to show I'm a member. Bought some milk & Pepsi's on the way home. Then figured that I needed to do something while my wife was gone (seeing a dr 99 miles from home). So I touched up the paint job I did the other day, which turned out pretty good. I just needed to go over a few places. That's about it except we will go out & buy some Mexican Food for dinner.
Isn’t milk & pepsi what Lavern liked on Lavern and Shirley?

My 28 year old son, who is autistic and has an IQ over 150, has started ghost writing. He has sold 6 stories for other people to use. He would not want the publicity of taking credit for the books himself.
Local schools had him listed with an IQ of 79. He is self-taught at reading and writing Japanese and coding computers. I am just glad that he found something productive that he likes.

Good night its midnight ;)
1715659282610.jpeg

Got wife Iphone 14 for Mothers day with a big memory, her eight plus had 64g and it was too full to update on its own.

Thousands of pictures, never been cleaned lets see her fill 512g in the next two years, never doubt the power of a determined woman even a 5'2" 95 pound one.

So I guess the next upgrade will be a 1T at least I will never understand why they cut the mini cards, it was easy to load them and just have a few pics left on the phone.

My 6 plus has about 1/20th of its 128 g in technical films and pictures plus the kids.

I delete apps if they don't go 5 stars for me.

All I really need is the phone, the text, and a fax program.

I can buy a good digital camera and make much better pictures.

Hope everyone is well, the gardens are growing but the weeds are not and the animals are happy and productive!!.

Gonna waste this day dragging my knuckles and tail behind me.

Cleaned out the hens, watered the poly, then prepared a powerpoint for a class I'm facilitating tomorrow.
Doing a little cooking and prepping now, using up odd bits and stuff that's been around a bit. Chicken and bacon pie for dinner, and have a few lemons needing using, so some lemon sponges for the freezer, maybe some lemon curd also. Its quite wet here, so can't finish painting the front door.

Nothing really Planed to do cept'n Yard work... Will get to Home depot as they Over-charged Me almost 10$ for one item... Will make trip out of this as I didn't get to Publix like I wanted to earlier and Winn Dixie is a block away so the Morning will bee finished when I get back... Hoping All here Have A Good "Blessed Day"...!!!
1715693905221.png

I love Coors Light! I hope the guy that invented the magic blue ink in the pyramid above the 2 'Os' is enjoying life as a millionaire in the Caribbean today.
It magically changes from grey to blue when the temp of the can drops below 45°. It is also in the word "Cold" on the side of the can :thumbs:.
View attachment 120741
Coors light changed their can! :oops:
The 'blue mountain' that tells you how cold it is, has been changed to a graph that now also tells you how much cold beer you have left in the can.
IMG_20240514_105525_kindlephoto-2481472774.jpg

Temperature gauge and fuel gauge, all in one! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Coors light changed their can! :oops:
The 'blue mountain' that tells you how cold it is, has been changed to a graph that now also tells you how much cold beer you have left in the can.
View attachment 129818
Temperature gauge and fuel gauge, all in one! :thumbs:
so if I pound one back quick does it redline

Got a bunch of parts dropped off this morning, , got a new can you get it done by request, and of course Coffee

so if I pound one back quick does it redline?
Fuel gauge:
Guess how much I have left in this can?
About time to crack open another?:dunno:
IMG_20240514_133018_kindlephoto-2489367898.jpg

Btw, it is accurate.:p

I've been thinking about one of those slicers, Mt Trapper, you'll have to say how you like it. Going to work on the wagon assembly soon, and I also ordered a "car refridgerator", that just got put on the porch. It's on wheels. I don't intend to use it in the car necessarily, but just as an extra with an inverter and battery.

My 28 year old son, who is autistic and has an IQ over 150, has started ghost writing. He has sold 6 stories for other people to use. He would not want the publicity of taking credit for the books himself.
Local schools had him listed with an IQ of 79. He is self-taught at reading and writing Japanese and coding computers. I am just glad that he found something productive that he likes.
The amazing part of what you wrote is that the school listed him with a LOW IQ. That should really tell you not to trust government run schools. There's a hell of a distance between someone with an IQ of 79 & someone with an IQ of 150 or over.

I worked with a student who at the age of 12/13 years old was reading at college entry level and vocabulary but had to look at a ruler every time he was asked how many inches in a foot. I think it’s much like who counts the votes. Promote his strengths and work on his weaknesses 💖

the IQ test is hyper geared towards degree type of learned people, it was designed to sideline people with practical intelligence.

got here ok , will update later, too tired. We had no problems catching all the planes and getting here...getting along with the relative is another thing....

just wanted to say hello, and thanks for all the prayers and well wishes :)
Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Glad all the flights went well!!

Yesterday was ordering parts for 2 new stack monitoring projects. Today I got approval to order a new Beta Gamma system for one of our water monitoring stations. Lead time on this one is tight.
Also trying to get some programming software for Campbell Scientific data loggers. We are using 20 year old data loggers now and only have parts to build 1 more. We had 1 die over the weekend and had to install our spare. Its time to go to the next gen logger. Plus we already use these on our Meteorological stations.

On my way to the farm supply store right now to pick-up a load of fence posts, and other hardware. Just stopped in for lunch.
Yesterday our new LEM meat slicer was delivered. This thing is heavy duty, and heavy. It has a 12 inch blade and will slice meat, cheese and bread.
We have one of those. Love it especially for slicing meat for jerky.

Fuel gauge:
Guess how much I have left in this can?
About time to crack open another?:dunno:
View attachment 129829
Btw, it is accurate.:p
You can do it! Drink faster. Go go go!

Latest posts

Back