What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm relaxing watching my grandson play baseball.

Attachments

• 20240514_175451.jpg
    20240514_175451.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
The amazing part of what you wrote is that the school listed him with a LOW IQ. That should really tell you not to trust government run schools.

the IQ test is hyper geared towards degree type of learned people, it was designed to sideline people with practical intelligence.
===
Had the same thing like this 25+ years ago with both my kids.. School saying they were disruptive etc.. In 1-2nd grade they both read 3-4th grade books to kindergarteners.. Enough parents growled to where they started a gifted and talented program, at that time called ...Odyssey of the Mind...

About this same time many schools were having trouble with English second language kids.. One day a suit from the district came through gathering kids to test there English abilities.. Since my kids are Asian, they got scooped up in this cluster flop of a deal... The school and district both found out just exactly how ...unhappy... I was with there actions... Even to this day.. DON'T get me started..

takin a break, who knew there was a thread locked stronger than red locktite. 2 days in a row I had to heat stuff up to get it apart.

All workers gone. Outside of the bathroom bay window has been completely redone ... looks great! Tile is finished, looks amazing. Blinds for the new window have been ordered. Tomorrow the shower glass co. comes to measure and give us a quote. Thursday the electrician comes to finish up ... install sconces, ceiling fans, and all outlets and switches. The tile guy comes back to install grab bars in shower and tub area, hooks in shower and by the tub. Friday the contractor comes back to paint trim and doors.

Still waiting for the vanity countertops, shower glass, and the plumber, who will install the free standing tub, the toilet, the sinks, all the faucets, all the shower controls ... will it ever end????

Having a Guinness and pondering it all, while eating Volcano Shrimp.

Stormed all day yesterday. I slept through most of it. Was exhausted. Called Mom's doctor about her sugar not coming down and they called this morning to have an appointment this afternoon. Sent her for bloodwork and may put her on fast-acting insulin as well. The diabetes np is still arguing with medicare about approving the insulin pump.

Went to Walmart briefly but felt nauseous so we didn't get much.

Btw, I took my gummies along ( hiding inside my vitamines) and nobody anywhere checked anything...LOL, I could have brought a pound and nobody would have cared or noticed LOL, should have brought more but ok. Very happy about that, so I only had to take my stupid presciption anxiety pills on the planes

weather is nice here so far too, and brought cold weather clothes because that was forecast. Weather people got it wrong again but not complaining.
Miss husband and Otto and my goats already...

It was a lay day for me. Yesterday I had a Chest CT with a radioisotope Iodine-123 pumped in there. I should have had one of my boys drive me back 'n forth...but...I came straight home and vegged out. Listless day...like a hangover, I think. I'll make myself some dinner and work on replacing some placeholder guitar I did on a session. Just paid my $9.95 to help keep this nice place in the black! Hope others do the same!

We had a storm yesterday afternoon and the high winds blew hundreds of cicadas out of trees. Many are in my pool. I need to clean it and get as many cicadas as I can off the ground.

My dog is eating them. We have numerous dogs here that are very ill from eating cicadas. Terrible diarrhea and vomiting for days.

I also take care of my 4 month old granddaughter on Mondays and Wednesdays.

As far as I know the strongest is red, but once you crack it it usually lets go within reason, this stuff , not it still held a lot of torque, like a 4 foot breaker bar, on a 15/16 socket, once I put heat to it is loosened easily.

We had a storm yesterday afternoon and the high winds blew hundreds of cicadas out of trees. Many are in my pool. I need to clean it and get as many cicadas as I can off the ground.

My dog is eating them. We have numerous dogs here that are very ill from eating cicadas. Terrible diarrhea and vomiting for days.

I also take care of my 4 month old granddaughter on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Never had that where I live

Latest posts

Back