When Our Forum Members Disappear Forever!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I've been talking to Pearl about this. Over the years we have had people who just disappeared, never to be heard of or from again.

Some of us become good friends. People from the forum have been to other's homes! We talk to some on the phone. We have had dinner with others. It is a community that has brought people together from near and far.

So what happens when the inevitable happens? There is one thing that none of us will escape, death! And taxes!

But how will we know what has happened to YOU when you are gone?

I have an idea, and we have talked about this in other threads. Some of us have done this. Think of one, two, three or how ever many people you trust here, and reach out to them in a private message. Share whatever you feel comfortable with, with them. I suggest that you include your whole name, your legal name. Include your phone, email, and maybe your location. That location could include your home or mailing address.

Why? When you are gone we can do a search for you, see if there is an announcement about your passing, or an obituary.

Or, you can designate someone in your family to inform us. A former PS member, Machinist, had his daughter inform us when he died from cancer.

There is a list of people who are MIA here, and I won't be able to put them all on here now:
Timmie
Gumpy
Old Coot Hillbilly
BBQ Joe (not sure if that is how to spell his user name)
Who else?

Will you help me with the list of people MIA? And if you see your name as MIA, will you please let us know that you are alive?

Dont forget some people that go away for long periods dont want to be found or checked up on for a wide array of reasons.

Some disappear because of work and often cant say thats reason too.

Some people are private and posting on forum is as 'close' as they care to be to others.

Point being theres a wide range of reasons for MIA on forums and contact or lack of contact info.

Just various thoughts is all.

If i ever go MIA its all good.....but dont be surprised if i pop back up after months of being gone.

Dont forget some people that go away for long periods dont want to be found or checked up on for a wide array of reasons.

Some people are private and posting on forum is as 'close' as they care to be to others.

Point being theres a wide range of reasons for MIA on forums and contact or lack of contact info.

If i ever go MIA its all good.....but dont be surprised if i pop back up after months of being gone.
Some people disappear because they have been banned for not being nice as well!

Some people disappear because someone has not been nice to them!!

And some people do just move on!

All that and death!

People dont always have internet. Or cut internet due to lack of funds. My kids have no idea what sites i my be on and wouldn't even think its important to anyone. If your close enough to be visiting in person then you would know real names address.

Latest posts

Back