When You Can't Un see what You Saw

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Driving to church this morning, I saw a Jeep stopped on the road, blocking a lane of traffic. Traffic was quiet, since it is Sunday morning. Then I saw a woman standing by what looked like a deceased dog. I circled around and got out of my car. By now I was crying. The dog had its hind legs up in the air, and there was a decent sized puddle of blood. I was positive it was deceased, hit by a car, and maybe the woman who was there was the person who hit it. I spoke to the woman, and the dog moved, looked at me, and started howling, as though it was talking to me, and not making the kind of shriek in pain noise that I am used to hearing from hurt dogs. The woman was on the phone, talking to someone, maybe 911, or 311. The woman tried to get the dog to lay back down, but it was responding to me. I decided I needed to be quiet, so the dog would lay still. I was slow crossing the street and hadn't been there a minute when a woman came out of a house, picked up the dog, and said, "How did you get out?" She headed to her house, and I headed back to my car and got in. I could have stayed, asked more questions, asked for more information, but I hated seeing what I was seeing and didn't want to see any more of it. The dog was a beautiful young Spaniel with brown on white spots. I know this will live in my brain for the rest of my life and I don't want it there. I cried off and on this morning, relative to this beautiful baby.

I hope that I never see anything like this again.

I don't know what to say💗♥️💗♥️💗! Bless it's little heart, it had no idea what happened. Dear sweet ones should never hurt! I'm so sorry you had to see that....or God put you there so that dear one could see someone who cares! It knew you cared Weedy!!

I don't know what to say💗💗💗! Bless it's little heart, it had no idea what happened. Dear sweet ones should never hurt! I'm so sorry you had to see that....or God put you there so that dear one could see someone who cares! It knew you cared Weedy!!
I did and do care, and afterwards, I wondered why it didn't try to get up when the other woman was talking. Dog was talking to me.

The dog was talking to you because it knew you were listening. You have a way with dogs.
This poor baby had me in tears immediately upon seeing it's situation. It was so beautiful, yet so destroyed.

I think dogs are amazing creatures. They have their own personalities, their own interests, their own ways of being. What I love is their zest for life, their loyalty, their unconditional love. Some humans don't have much of that. Some have no clue about loyalty.
All kinds of dogs come up to me at dog parks. They will rub up against me, look me in the eye, some even talk to me. Some jump up on me. I don't care, it's a dog park, but owners always apologize. I always greet them, talk to them, say their names if I know it, pet them, rub their back close to their tail, love on them. A dog and its owner come into the dog park and I start talking to the dog, "Hi Scarlett!" or whoever it is. I know many more dog names than the owners. I've known a few ridgebacks by name, and have clue what the owner's name is.

Latest posts

Back