which way to turn

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got out of high school right in the middle of Carters failure. I was able to find work at minimum wage, something like $2.50/hr or so. A car loan was nearly impossible due to the interest rates. Buying a home or property was out of the question. Took several years under Reagan to begin the turnaround.
Obama was as bad as Carter, just in different ways. God help us for the crap Biden (deep state) has in mind for us.

I remember looking at the rate of 17% return on treasury bills and dreaming how much I could make and how early I could retire.
17% then and now 1.7%, quite a change.
1.11.JPG

Interest rates are not good for savings no doubt. But if your trying to buy a house or something, oit sure makes things possible.

Neb, I'd bet Trump would love to give Biden his wand. But Joe might not wearing it stuck up his a$$. :ghostly:
:thumbs:

Translating the fed reserve and interest rates...

Please spend money please please spend money please spend money you don't have.

Ben

17% then and now 1.7%, quite a change.
View attachment 53163
That's the 30-year rate. (30 years is equal to all your good adult years).
Look at the 1-year rate. Here's a translation for people that hate math:
If you loan the government $100 , after one year, they will give you back the Benjamin along with a dime and 2 pennies.
emo12.gif

Think about the c-note you did without for a year in one hand and the 12¢ in the other hand.
Oh, don't forget the 2.0 - 2.5% inflation per year up against your awesome .12% gain.
You'll be able to retire to the Cayman Islands in no time! :woo hoo:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back