Whole food diet recipes for cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patchouli

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Lots of new ideas, information, and experience here in the forum about our kitties. Please share what your recipes are for your cats if you have switched over to feeding them whole foods instead of kibble and canned foods. If you're using all three go ahead and share what you give your cats to keep them healthy (or in some cases, alive).
I'm going to start a dog food recipe thread too.

I just use kibble and wet. I should make it but I don't.

So I have been giving my kitty a salmon flavored kibble. She has had some recent hairball issues so I bought a hairball formula.

Today I mixed just a tiny bit of the hairball formula in with her salmon kibble. Just a tiny bit. She took a taste and tried to bury the bowl. Then she took another taste and tried to bury it again.

This kitty is 16 years old and has not been fussy about what she eats. She is spry for her age and healthy. Hmmmmm........

Lots of new ideas, information, and experience here in the forum about our kitties. Please share what your recipes are for your cats if you have switched over to feeding them whole foods instead of kibble and canned foods. If you're using all three go ahead and share what you give your cats to keep them healthy (or in some cases, alive).
I'm going to start a dog food recipe thread too.
Don't we have a dog food recipe thread?🤔

Barn cats get a mix of whatever....wet food from Aldi, always have dry food out, and they get meat scraps, chicken bones when we are done with them, milk, and lately they've been getting just expired chicken noodle soup. Always have dry food available. There's seven of them, and sometimes two more pop in. Nacho ate a bird day before yesterday, and yesterday he ate five mice. That's just what I saw.

My shop tigers get mostly cheap dog kibble, with decent Cat kibble as a garnish, All the mice they can catch, slow birds etc. Before the plethora of strays showed up they were on decent cat kibble and what they hunt.

The community Cats (stray/feral) get meow mix dry, and some wet food when it's above freezing.

Inside cats get Meow Mix indoor, and Friskies in a can, whatever is cheap and in stock.

I barely cook for me and Lori, the cats take their chances :p

Latest posts

Back