Why Can’t Sound Techs Ever Get It Right?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EasyCZ_tfa

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Neighbor
it drives me freaking nuts. Lightning and explosions occur in movies and television in ever-increasing numbers. Yet, to this day, I can count on one hand how many times the sound/special effect techs got it right. Meaning, you see it before you hear it. It’s pysics, bro. It’s physically impossible to hear the effects of an explosion or lightning simultaneously if seen from miles away. Depending on atmospheric conditions and distance from the source, the sound is delayed.

The only way you’re hearing thunder at the same moment you see lightning is if the strike is extremely close to you. Same with explosions.

Rant off. :boom:

Your not supposed to notice that stuff!

it drives me freaking nuts. Lightning and explosions occur in movies and television in ever-increasing numbers. Yet, to this day, I can count on one hand how many times the sound/special effect techs got it right. Meaning, you see it before you hear it. It’s pysics, bro. It’s physically impossible to hear the effects of an explosion or lightning simultaneously if seen from miles away. Depending on atmospheric conditions and distance from the source, the sound is delayed.

The only way you’re hearing thunder at the same moment you see lightning is if the strike is extremely close to you. Same with explosions.

Rant off. :boom:
Only once they got it right was the movie "Southern Comfort".
On the river scene, you see the puff of smoke, hear the bullet rip thru, then the rifle report.
For some, too realistic.

That,
and...when burning rubber, squalling tires ....on dirt roads,:bigeyes:
or
gears shifting constantly ...and its an automatic trans.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah...High tech...sound techs.

:confused;

Jim

I like where Tom Hanks shoots at a German tank

Get real 782 yards?

and... squalling tires ....on dirt roads

Just a little fun here, I was on the sand at Daytona beach back in the late 80's in my Trans Am, I was playing around and gassed on it just a bit, enough to break the back tires loose and lo and behold.................they squealed. :eek:

True story!

Eyeroll to all the sound techs who add a hammer click on a loaded Glock. Good job, dummies.

Most people are still science illiterate.

Latest posts

Back