Why Do They Have To Filthy Up EVERYTHING.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ads were much more wholesome in those days for sure @VenomJockey.

The programming was much better, too. NOW you can hardly find a TV series that doesn't have to do with minorities, LGBT freaks, or ultra-Liberal agendas. THEN you had good clean family-oriented series and movies. No comparison....TODAY'S shows aren't worth watching!

Hmmm. What is "TV commercials"?

:LOL: I don't watch Tv! I used to, but it's been years. If I didn't want to see this stuff, I wouldn't watch. We use tv to watch movies on DVD. That's about it. I catch news and weather online though it's annoying to have to read it! Lol. Couldn't afford the extra bill for tv. Think of it, paying a monthly bill to watch crap you don't even like! Last I checked, having satellite or cable tv was pricey (for me). Or they want ya to do a package deal and "SAVE" money!
Oh I also can catch my news here. :)
With lots of commentary and opinion that is more in line with my viewpoint too. LOL
Any appointment I go to, waiting room has tv on and lately I've noticed nobody is sitting near it or watching.
Garbage!
Thanks for the kind words, y'all. Are ya as happy to see me as I am to be seen? :lil guy:

Yes always happy to see you @Patchouli :) .

We have what is known as free to air TV here @Patchouli so we don't pay anything to watch it so can catch up with news etc. How we do it is when we come across a movie with copious amounts of swearing or dare I say it gratuitous sex scenes we change channels so annoying content is gone. If we all voted with our tv remotes and switched off the garbage eventually hopefully those programs get axed because of not enough viewer numbers. We can pay for cable TV but that is a huge cost that I really can't justify in our budget and we simply don't watch TV enough anyway.

I also catch up on the news online so can pick and choose what content I want to see. There is even a good news section on the one I look at too so I tend to follow that a bit if the world is ticking me off. I do like to keep up to date with current world events so I can plan ahead with food storage/general preparedness items and the like.

It amazes me that world events are not even discussed in the news programs such as what we used to get with the network tv stations. What we do get is not truth or is slanted anyway.
I'm really surprised at what all everyone is saying is available on regular television. It is that bad.
It is important to know what is going on in the world and make your own interpretations and how it might affect you.
I was thinking earlier about communications and how messed up things were on the day of 9/11. We lived in the Baltimore/DC area. For the first 2 hours we could reach each other (my husband and I). After that, they asked everyone to stay off the lines. He did try to call me after the first couple of times again, but couldn't get through (he worked at a newspaper). I know this is taking the thread off topic but I have been thinking about different aspects of being prepared and communications is a big one. If the phones are down or tied up by the government, how will we contact one another?
It is different for everyone. Not everyone is "out in the boonies", not everyone has walkie talkies or radios, but maybe a good time to invest in something.

It amazes me that world events are not even discussed in the news programs such as what we used to get with the network tv stations. What we do get is not truth or is slanted anyway.
I'm really surprised at what all everyone is saying is available on regular television. It is that bad.
It is important to know what is going on in the world and make your own interpretations and how it might affect you.
I was thinking earlier about communications and how messed up things were on the day of 9/11. We lived in the Baltimore/DC area. For the first 2 hours we could reach each other (my husband and I). After that, they asked everyone to stay off the lines. He did try to call me after the first couple of times again, but couldn't get through (he worked at a newspaper). I know this is taking the thread off topic but I have been thinking about different aspects of being prepared and communications is a big one. If the phones are down or tied up by the government, how will we contact one another?
It is different for everyone. Not everyone is "out in the boonies", not everyone has walkie talkies or radios, but maybe a good time to invest in something.

Ham radio is good no matter where you are...excellent for keeping track of things if the regular stations go off the air.

Latest posts

Back