Why Russia will pick the Sunday after Thanksgiving for an EMP

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am fierce and I am brave. I have proven that to myself. But.... I am kinda frail in body, so I don't know. If I were to survive, I would do what I need to do to help others survive, in spirit if nothing else. I have a good attitude.
But as I said Trump will be President 2024
Trump and Putin ... Putin does respect Trump

Look at the others ...jealousy faces
1716606863300.png

Wow! Harsh? Poor critical thinking skills, really?
#1, this thread was NOT some doomsday prediction, it was a scenario and only a scenario.
It didn't "not happen" 14 times, it's just that if it were to happen, that might be the most advantageous timing.
If it happens, and I certainly hope it doesn't, it probably won't happen in my lifetime, but if it does, I will definitely have wanted to consider it and done some preparation. Military units around the world practice scenarios constantly for a reason. General prepping will help with any situation, but having considered the possibility of an EMP could make a big difference in your ability to thrive.
Some people wisely avoid "rush hour" going to or coming from work. They see in advance a scenario where they could be stuck in traffic and choose to avoid that possibility. I choose not to travel away from home on the Sunday after Thanksgiving...every year. It's not a prediction, I'm just considering the possibility.
Considering the possibilities makes you better prepared.
"That should be the key goal of all preppers and survivalists."

P.S.
Generally, I agree, take care of the basics and the basics will take care of you.
I made a mistake of not considering a scenario a couple years ago that could have wiped us out....

FLOODING! Basic preps didn't cover that. But considering that POSSIBLE scenario, may help us in the future.
Or not, who knows?!

I would not refer to the key capabilities as "the basics".....that would be selling them short.

There are a lot of them and they are far beyond basic to cover.

People who really do have them covered have progressed into the world of advanced prepping/survivalism.

Here is the list off the top of my head:

1. Air
  2. Shelter
  3. Water Access
  4. Water filtering/treatment
  5. Water transport/storage
  6. Location - remoteness - population density
  7. LTS stored Food
  8. First aid
  9. Casualty evacuation
  10. Sanitation (sewage)
  11. Hygiene, Grooming
  12. Security - equipment, supplies and skills
  13. Plans
  14. Rehearsals/training
  15. Time/distance buffer zones
  16. Communications
  17. Navigation
  18. Distress signaling
  19. Water craft, flotation, waterway travel
  20. Fire fighting
  21. Fuel
  22. Vehicle maintenance/servicing
  23. Mobility
  24. Knowledge storage
  25. Financial/investment - Metals, Cash and Diversified asset storage
  26. Job security
  27. Skills diversification
  28. Fish, hunt, trap
  29. Foraging
  30. Team/group/MAG
  31. Medical
  32. Dentistry
  33. Information/Intel network
  34. Remote sensing
  35. NV & Thermal observation
  36. Mechanical/electrical repair
  37. Electric power
  38. Heat
  39. Clothing
  40. Footwear
  41. Cold/wet barrier apparel
  42. Cooking - fixed and mobile
  43. Refrigeration/freezing offgrid
  44. Food preservation - Freeze dry, can, dehydrate, air dry, salting
  45. Food Gardening
  46. Livestock husbandry
  47. Livestock processing
  48. Agricultural production
  49. Fencing - materials, tools and construction skills
  50. Timber production/wood lots
  51. Steel/wood fabrication
  52. Construction
  53. Earthworks
  54. NBC
  55. EMP protection
  56. Water management - pipes, hoses, sandbags, pumps
For those that like flow charts, here is much of the same content in that format:

Prepping matrix.jpg

1. They encourage people to scenario prep......instead of prepping capabilities that are common to virtually all severe crises
I see MULTIPLE scenarios you've prepared for, including EMP.
That's all I was saying. Prepping for Scenarios is good practice for critical thinking.
An EMP is not the ONLY possibility, in fact for me, a hurricane is the most likely scenario, but I think we're better for having practiced. Yes, I think predictions are dumb too, but that's not what I was talking about.

Putin was KGB and thinks BOTH Biden and Trump are stupid.
He will try to manipulate whoever is in the White House.
Whatever. I know he was in KGB !
You dont know and see all the good things Trump did during his mandate

Come on !!!!!! :rolleyes: SIGH!!!!

Ok ok... I know some does hate Putin!
I dont !

But I really hate ---Zelenskyy

Zelenskyy could care less if America faulters, whereas Putin doubtless dreams of punishing America for the fall of the USSR.
Putin is clever and he MAY be sane for now, but as he ages, he could lose any inhibitions he has about pulling the trigger. The fear of responding too late has always been countered by the terrible possibility that launching assures annihilation, but just a little senility (on either side) could put some of these nightmare scenarios into play.
The difference is, Putin can do what he wants without question, but our President, regardless of party, would always get plenty of advice...although ending civilization would be their call alone!
Once set in motion by either side, it would be unstoppable.
That's why tricking either Iran or North Korea into EMP-ing us would be way safer for Putin with the option of waiting to instantly see by satellite which way US retaliation missiles are heading. If the US doesn't even manage to launch a single missile, he could just wait a couple months and then then cake-walk to America's riches.
(Cake-walk until he runs into Hardcalibres)

Last edited:
Putin was KGB and thinks BOTH Biden and Trump are stupid.
He will try to manipulate whoever is in the White House.
...Well, he is right about one of those.:rolleyes:
If Putin was gonna attack, wouldn't he have already done it while we had 'stupid' at the controls?
It would have made his struggle in Ukraine a lot easier.

...Well, he is right about one of those.:rolleyes:
If Putin was gonna attack, wouldn't he have already done it while we had 'stupid' at the controls?
It would have made his struggle in Ukraine a lot easier.
These dictators are self-centered (above all else).

They won't attack until they assess that course of action to be in their personal best interests.

The most dangerous times are when you push one of them into a corner.

I just wish they would HURRY-UP and someone would make this SHTF happen. I am starting to fear (after 77 years of Training & prepping) I might "MISS" this once in a lifetime adventure.
Thats my Dad too. He's madder then ever now because he's not able to participate 😂

Interesting hypothesis - as a non American, I have two questions (as you don't know me I want to point out I'm not being awkward, just curious). I've noticed a lot of focus on EMP's as a scenario. Is it the most likely? as opposed to a weather related event. And second, why Russia? and not another country. Thank you.

Thats my Dad too. He's madder then ever now because he's not able to participate 😂

Interesting hypothesis - as a non American, I have two questions (as you don't know me I want to point out I'm not being awkward, just curious). I've noticed a lot of focus on EMP's as a scenario. Is it the most likely? as opposed to a weather related event. And second, why Russia? and not another country. Thank you.
An E.M.P. is much more likely in the realm of serious S.H.T.F. . An E.M.P. is an almost guarantee to occur if a Nuclear power country decides to have the advantage of an unannounced first strike . An E.M.P. will be first tactic and then maybe or maybe not followed by other assortment of Nuclear strikes . -- As for as weather , sure it can be bad but this I don't even consider even S.H.T.F. I will add I have been through multiple very strong hurricanes , including going through the eye of a cat 5 in a rickety wooden house that was built shortly after the Yankees burnt down the houses in the South . I lost two hundred acres of prime timber from straight line wind . Yet I consider weather low on my scale of what S.H.T.F. may soon look like .

I am NOT a big promoter of EMP as a probable super SHTF. My focus is more on disease. Gain of function research, manmade disease.
Most preppers on internet forums "DON'T THINK". They subscribe to some cherished event.

Do not underestimate an EMP Attack, and do not think that it is more harmless than a Nuclear Strike.
If you have Nuclear Power Plants near you and these things are no longer controllable due to an EMP Attack and blow up after a few days due to insufficient cooling, then you will be delivered a Nuclear Disaster depending on the Wind direction.

A radiation measuring device is then good, but probably also no longer usable due to EMP, since there are probably no more messages, in the worst case you will only notice a Nuclear Power Plant accident when you have signs of Radiation Sickness, then it is too late.

People in very sparsely populated Areas away from Industry have a good chance of surviving, People who live in cities or near Nuclear Power Plants or Chemical Plants, they will have to gain Land very quickly if they want to play it Safe.
Sheep will have lost in the event of an EMP either way, there is no chance that they will survive.

Ok this thread is the *Lets hate President Putin and Russians*

I am done . :rolleyes:
Sigh
This thread has nothing to do with hating anyone . As a former battle field Green Beret " Vietnam " , I didn't hate the people I was trying to kill . Survival oriented is not the same thing as hate . --- The forum site merger I suppose has thrown people into the same stew pot of which some just do not understand the thinking process of their new companions .

The forum site merger I suppose has thrown people into the same stew pot of which some just do not understand the thinking process of their new companions .
You were also personally represented on the other side, weren't you?

I think the mindset here in the forum is similar, but with a different focus, which I can accept.

Why would that impact, anyone, unless they were unprepared.
Is anyone 100% always and truly prepared? If you have a homestead with horses, cows, chickens, pigs, rabbits, etc. then you also need crops, gardens, water, etc. to feed them.....all year round. That is even more difficult to do in areas that have to endure winter. Even the most well prepared are going to have poor crop years. How is your lifestock going to handle that? The time and energy that would be required to sustain that without the aid of machinary would be burdensome. Areas with 4 seasons would probably be the best place to avoid the full devastation of any type of war b/c they are typicaly less populated, but those areas present some unforgiving challenges as well. And we haven't even talked about the challenge of security and other things......

Also, even IF you are 100% prepared, what about friends and family? It would be nice to have zero worries about that, but it's not realistic for most people. Even if they don't come knocking on your door, you are probably going to worry about how they are doing. The emotional toll would be exhausting.

I'd bet if an EMP were to happen and someone gave you the option of going back and undoing it......you would. It would have negative consequences for everyone, even if it really only shut down your option of a backup for supplies or medical care. IMHO, the people who say, "let's do this", aren't thinking it all the way through.

Any of us can be in the wrong Place at the wrong Time
True that. The furthest I get from home anymore is about 150 miles. But even then, it would be difficult to get home while having basic supplies in tow. That would be a looooong walk for sure. We could do it, but with arthritis and other challenges, it wouldn't be fun.

Next USA President elect will be November 5th 2024
TRUMP will be the next President 2024
He has the votes, but it didn't matter the last time.

I don't think it matters either way. In fact, I'm still thinking that there won't even be an election. If so, then no matter who wins, the other side is going to raise hell. Patriots aren't going to stand for another steal and the cabal isn't going to let loose of their puppet without a fight. So, a false flag or black swan event IS going to happen between now and the end of the year.

And, in case nobody is paying attention, our dollar is in the midst of a collapse. When this happens, the demons always conjure up WAR. It is the excuse to look elsewhere and avoid the blame for said collapse. It's happening right in front of our eyes.

Is anyone 100% always and truly prepared? If you have a homestead with horses, cows, chickens, pigs, rabbits, etc. then you also need crops, gardens, water, etc. to feed them.....all year round. That is even more difficult to do in areas that have to endure winter. Even the most well prepared are going to have poor crop years. How is your lifestock going to handle that? The time and energy that would be required to sustain that without the aid of machinary would be burdensome. Areas with 4 seasons would probably be the best place to avoid the full devastation of any type of war b/c they are typicaly less populated, but those areas present some unforgiving challenges as well. And we haven't even talked about the challenge of security and other things......

Also, even IF you are 100% prepared, what about friends and family? It would be nice to have zero worries about that, but it's not realistic for most people. Even if they don't come knocking on your door, you are probably going to worry about how they are doing. The emotional toll would be exhausting.

I'd bet if an EMP were to happen and someone gave you the option of going back and undoing it......you would. It would have negative consequences for everyone, even if it really only shut down your option of a backup for supplies or medical care. IMHO, the people who say, "let's do this", aren't thinking it all the way through.

True that. The furthest I get from home anymore is about 150 miles. But even then, it would be difficult to get home while having basic supplies in tow. That would be a looooong walk for sure. We could do it, but with arthritis and other challenges, it wouldn't be fun.

He has the votes, but it didn't matter the last time.

I don't think it matters either way. In fact, I'm still thinking that there won't even be an election. If so, then no matter who wins, the other side is going to raise hell. Patriots aren't going to stand for another steal and the cabal isn't going to let loose of their puppet without a fight. So, a false flag or black swan event IS going to happen between now and the end of the year.

And, in case nobody is paying attention, our dollar is in the midst of a collapse. When this happens, the demons always conjure up WAR. It is the excuse to look elsewhere and avoid the blame for said collapse. It's happening right in front of our eyes.
I'll take an EMP any day & twice on Saturdays and Wednesdays, over a genuine Worldwide "PANDEMIC".

The forum site merger I suppose has thrown people into the same stew pot of which some just do not understand the thinking process of their new companions .
I don't think that is accurate.
However, I would be interested in an example of why you think or suspect that is the case.

You were also in the other forum that hasn't existed for 5 days, same profile picture, same profile name.Your posts tell me a lot.
Yep , I am guilty , I have haunted several prepper forums under the same name . I haunt prepper forums as to gather cutting edge intel as part of my survival strategy .

The forum site merger I suppose has thrown people into the same stew pot of which some just do not understand the thinking process of their new companions.
Actually, the merger and some folk's possible unfamiliarity with prepping topics is the reason I made the post on "Grocery List." I followed it with the post on EMPs as some background info for those that maybe didn't even know what an EMP was.
Other than comments from our Russian troll, I think it's been some good exchanges.
If just a few more people consider how quickly life could get bad if we all lose electricity (with little chance of recovery,) the conversation will be worthwhile and certainly entertaining!
I think starting conversations is good as long as everyone behaves and "there are no stupid questions"...better to ask now!
Dave

Back