Winter / Holiday Plans?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The holiday season is here! With all the food and family about to commence I figured it would be a good time to launch a thread covering your holiday plans. What are you up to this year? What are your plans? Will you be able to get some extended family time this year? And remember we love to see photos of your trips, food, family, locations.

It would be great to hear from everyone. Just let us all know what you're up to and have a safe and happy holiday season!

The holiday travel exodos began around noon today... As bad as road congestion gets, the airport is reported as a nigh mare to deal with already today.. It will continue until about roughly 10pm Sunday night... The airport will be crazy through early Monday morning.. So with that and the fact the predicted temps are to drop to the low 30s F for highs.. I have mashed potatoes, a can of sweet potatoes, can of green beans, frozen peas, whole cranberry sauce, and a baked turkey breast... It should last most of the weekend..

All keep safe and enjoy...

What? Plans? I'm supposed to plan it?
1700698177796.png

Heehee - we do Christmas at our house and whoever shows up gets fed 😊

Going nearby to the new home of one of my kids for tomorrow.
I told everyone they needed to help with cleaning up afterwards if they wanted me to have dinner at my house this time and two volunteered to have it at their homes instead. 🤣 Looks like I’m still on for my signature dishes though. :rolleyes:
More than half the “kids” will be there so that’s a happy thing. Worked half day today.
Will not be seeing extended family, rarely do since they all live more than a day’s drive from here. Friday getting together with a friend I haven’t seen in 32 years. We were bff as kids, teens, young adults, then life got too busy I guess.
Wishing safe travels for everyone and any kitchen and food disasters quickly resolved. And be careful with those knives!
:huggs:

What? Plans? I'm supposed to plan it?
View attachment 120086

Heehee - we do Christmas at our house and whoever shows up gets fed 😊
What time? We'll ALL be there. :p

We had Thanksgiving dinner last Saturday with our kids and a few family members.
My niece invited us to dinner tomorrow at her house so we're going there.
Christmas Eve is at our Son and DILs.
Christmas day will be spent driving back home.

What time? We'll ALL be there. :p

We had Thanksgiving dinner last Saturday with our kids and a few family members.
My niece invited us to dinner tomorrow at her house so we're going there.
Christmas Eve is at our Son and DILs.
Christmas day will be spent driving back home.
The more the merrier!

Latest posts

Back