Xmas Came Early

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Someone just brought me a hole lot of venison..some is for burgers.and the rest is back strap steak..some of the burger meat might get used for chili. Which will get canned. It's all frozen. So I have to let some of it thaw first. Then open one thing of back strap, to see if I can use it as stew meat or not..

Someone just brought me a hole lot of venison..some is for burgers.and the rest is back strap steak..some of the burger meat might get used for chili. Which will get canned. It's all frozen. So I have to let some of it thaw first. Then open one thing of back strap, to see if I can use it as stew meat or not..

Can't go wrong with that!

If you have a good jerky recipe you can mix some of the ground meat with the spices then shoot it through a jerky gun or piping bag and dehydrate it. Makes a product like Slim Jims. (You probably need to add some Prague #1 cure to keep from poisoning yourself. I've done this in the past and it is delicious. My recipe uses Cherry Kijafa as some of the moisture/binder).
--tort-

Congratulations on getting the venison! KatC and I plan to pick up the deer my brother gave us this weekend. Had it processed into a bit of summer sausage, some ground to use in chilli and, the rest just deboned and I’ll make jerky.

—Dwight

Latest posts

Back